Cleanliness

SomeoneElse

Which describes you?  

1. 1.

• Total clean freak: neat, clean, and personally hygenic.
    • I have good personal hygiene, but let my house go.
    • I am neat and clean, but do not take care of myself as much as I should.
    • I am clean, my house is clean, but I am totally disorganized.
    • I have good personal hygiene, I keep my things organized, but I do not clean as often as I should.
    • I really do not care.

This poll is closed to new votes

I probably worry about hygiene too much, bit of a compulsive hand washer for example. Also I like my surroundings to be highly neat and organised. The state of my room is usually a good indication of the state of my mind. If I'm having a bad week emotionally etc, my room stops looking like it's mine.

Omnistpriest, that DJing cat is hypnotising... :shock:

I really don't care. My room is a mess, though I know where most everything is. I usually only shower once a week, even less in the summer, but usually I swim a lot then. I'll only wash my hair when it starts to get dirty. As long as it's clean, I'm fine. I hate washing with soap too often because it takes too much natural oil off my skin. My dad takes quick showers every night, and my mom and brother shower about every other day. My dad takes really quick five minute showers. However, when I take a shower, I can spend an hour making sure I'm clean. We also have a sauna in the house, so I like taking a long time, especially in the winter. The one thing I have to wash every day is my hands. I hate it when my hand feel all sticky and I just can't eat with dirty hands. Also, when it comes to food, I can't stand it, or anything related to it, dirty. I have to keep my own block of cheddar hidden from everyone else in a lock-box. Otherwise, someone else will cut it on our cutting board and it'll be covered in bread crumbs and what not. Any eating utensiles I use must be clean, and I can't stand cooking in a pot that has other food burnt on it.

I just don't care :lol:

I guess I have good personal hygeine, but it's nothing mroe than the minimum, or on a need-basis.

As for organization, I'm a total mess :lol: I only clean when people tell me to, because I just don't see the point in cleaning, as long as I know where everything is :wink:

my house isn't as clean as my mom would like it..and not as clean as I would like it some days

I'm getting much better at cleaning my house (like washing things down and doing the dishes) and I always have the urge to re-organize just before a test when I'm supposed to be studying, but otherwise I tend to be fairly lazy about it as long as I can find what I need. For myself, my hair gets really oily and I feel dirty and gross unless I take a shower every morning and I don't like my hands to smell of odd things.

Adventuress Heart

On my own I'm pretty clean freak and neat.

When you live with other people you can't always control everything, I do however chase after my sisters to make sure things are tidy (especially the kitchen which is my department)

I like throwing stuff away, I prefer to keep my life organized so if I ever need to go anywhere all I must do is pack up my two suitcases and all my belongings fit inside (except my books) Any excess "junk" is not necessary.

On the other hand my sister keeps every little thing and can't part with it, even little papers with scribbles on them (what use are they to her? I have no idea!)

I am a really messy person. I do prefer my bedroom when it is tidied, but most of the time I just can't be bothered to actually tidy it. Usually it gets tidied when I am trying to put off doing something like an assignment. But today instead of writing my assignment or tidying my room, I am posting on here.

I wash twice a day, and I say that I am clean.

Clean perhaps. Obsessive definitely. Think of the many hours you've wasted having that extra shower every day...

FelineFanatic

After years of trying to do it all, I found out it is better to not sweat the small stuff. I would rather devote my time to helping family, friends, and animals than cleaning something that will just be dirty again tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I am much more comfortable when I am clean, so I consider washing time well spent. You sleep better if you wash before bed, and I would not dare leave my house without washing in the morning. P

Plus if you do not wash before bed, think about how quickly your bedding would become dirty.

And remember to change your pillowcase every single day!

violeteyedsoul

I chose the First choice.

Personally, I like to keep my space EXTREMELY STERILE.

And organized.

But as for myself, other than washing up, I keep myself rather frumpy. Which isn't good I know, but meh.

I used to care,and get quite upset about it; but don't anymore, nor have a reason too.

(honestly I'm hoping it'll keep everyone away, when I start taking classes again. lol! )

I'm more organised than clean. I'd much rather have something neat and tidy in its propler place, than sparkling and shiny.

My personal hygiene is good, mainly because of all these years in shared accommodation! I don't clean my possesions unless they need it, but my body is kept in good order :)

I'm clean, but not all that neat. It's important to me that I shower and brush my teeth regularly, that my clothes be clean, that I wash the dishes and wipe up any spills, that I take the trash out, that I not let dust or hair collect all over the apartment - but I leave papers everywhere, I drape clothes over chairs instead of hanging them up, and I hate folding laundry. As long as my space is hygenic, I don't really care if it's organized. Hygeine is very important to me, though; my roommate hardly ever does her dishes, and it drives me absolutely insane.

I'm a personal hygiene freak. I can't stand even being in the same room as someone whose personal hygiene isn't perfect, and the only thing that's ever kept me from my usual thorough scrubbing for more than 24 hours was being so ill that my doctors weren't sure I'd survive the week. Anything less than a near-death experience and I will be spotless. Yeah, I know I'm pretty neurotic about it.

I'm not quite so paranoid about my house, but I still keep things as clean as possible. Keeping things dust-free is particularly important because I'm asthmatic, and if you're going to dust and vacuum, you might as well clean.

I don't care one whit about organisation, though. I don't care if it's neatly folded on a shelf or hanging off the back of a chair, as long as it's clean and I can find it.

• 2 weeks later...

Letting my house go is probably not really how I would express it. In my case, it runs like hell. ;)

But well, Im a vegan with a load of rescued animals, so what do you expect? ;)

FelineFanatic
Letting my house go is probably not really how I would express it. In my case, it runs like hell. ;)

But well, Im a vegan with a load of rescued animals, so what do you expect? ;)

Same here! :wink: Impossible to keep up with fur,etc, but sometimes lsaving lives is more important than eradicating dirt, fur, etc.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got good enough personal hygine, and I try to keep on top of anything I need to do around the house to ensure cleanliness (I still live with my Mum--she's practically obsessive over cleaning the place, so I'm not usually stuck with that much :lol:), but more often than not, all my own stuff gets REALLY disorganized.

I hate it, because it bothers me when I can't find something, but I just find it hard to keep everything in some sort of reasonable order.

Archived