Cleanliness

SomeoneElse

Which describes you?  

1. 1.

• Total clean freak: neat, clean, and personally hygenic.
    • I have good personal hygiene, but let my house go.
    • I am neat and clean, but do not take care of myself as much as I should.
    • I am clean, my house is clean, but I am totally disorganized.
    • I have good personal hygiene, I keep my things organized, but I do not clean as often as I should.
    • I really do not care.

This poll is closed to new votes

I am disorganized, my house is mess, but I've excellent hygiene. People who see me and don't know about my house, or the inside of my teaching bag, tend to think I'm a clean freak. Even the dentist expressed surprise about toothbrushing habits, telling me I was the first nondentist he knew who did everything you were supposed too.

I am rather clean, my house it usualy clean (though right now it is in shambles, haven't had the time to clean it), but I am most disorganized. My room is usually quite orderly, but my desk is not.

My room is all clutter, all the time.

I hate garbage and dirt, though. So there's none of that, just clothes all over the floor.

I voted "neat freak". When you're young you can get away with a bit of messiness; messy older people are just gross and I don't want to be one of them. So I make it a priority.

The only option that's close to describing me is "I don't care". Still, I find the possible answers rather restrictive (though I don't know how I'd organize them better). They seem to be weighed towards cleanliness.

I keep everything clean, I vacume every day, do my dishes in a timely fashon and dust here and there. I am pretty disorganized though, I have papers lying all over, they have recently started to infest my floor. I live in a studio appartment too, so there is not a lot of other places to put this stuff.

SpirallingSnowy

im disorganised!!!! but i try to keep it clean, imjust usually too lazy heheheh!!!! :lol:

borrowedTime

I'm a complete mess. It's absolutely disgraceful really... :shock:

My apartment is full of stuff and really untidy, there's dirt and grime and dust all over the place.

I only wash up when the plates are stacked so high I can't fill the kettle.

There's piles of clothes over the floor which don't even have a home, they just live there (unless I need to walk on that section of floor, in which case they assume temporary residence on top of the bed or piled over a chair or something).

I only make an effort when someone's coming over or something and I have to make it look half-respectable...

I try to keep myself cleaner than my place, but then I go and do something outdoorsy or active and it all goes to pot...

SomeoneElse

I also wanted to see whether people here are sentimental.

Do you tend to hang on to things or do you get rid of the things that you do not need?

Do you tend to hang on to things or do you get rid of the things that you do not need?

How can you not need something? Anything can be used for something. I'm sure of it, and one day I'll prove it and everyone will be jealous of the junk I've collected.

I'm not so bad as to never throw things out, but I have a lot of things I really have no use for because I can forsee a use. Or because I want to use them and just haven't got around to it. I also have about 100 outfits because I don't want to give up clothes I can still wear. You would think not wearing something in 3 years would qualify as criteria for donating it/throwing it out, but then I think well I might wear it next week.

And while I'd be bugged to lose my things, there are only 4 items I own that would I would be hurt to lose. Two given to me by Marcus and two given to me by my little brother. All four are at least 5 years old. I don't look at them. I don't use them. I just....preserve them.

SomeoneElse

-I have about 25 hangers in my closet.

-My ratio of floor space covered to open floor space is 1:40.

-I have 0 sentimentality, and do not really have any proof that I exist, except for my birth certificate and my toothbrush. :D

-Is anyone else like that?

Midnight Violet

I keep the place clean, i do have a junk room though..where i put stuff that don't have their own place. When i was younger i use to try and keep everything..posters, magazines, every animal i found etc...BUT i got over that. I only collect glass bottles that are blue now and a few other things.

I do like to collect liquor bottles. They come in an array of different shapes, sizes and colors.

I have good personal hygeine, because I'm neurotic about that, but when it comes to my room, things are more organized for me when it is a mess than when it's clean. I can't find anything when my room doesn't have papers all over my desk.

I turn my room upside down looking for one paper and now it's organized again. :D

I have good personal hygeine, because I'm neurotic about that, but when it comes to my room, things are more organized for me when it is a mess than when it's clean. I can't find anything when my room doesn't have papers all over my desk.

I turn my room upside down looking for one paper and now it's organized again. :D

I second that

It is so much easier to let entropy take it's course instead of cleaning your room.

Some things I get rid of really easily, but others I just can't let go of. I'm pretty sentimental...

Qwerty123456

We must not give in to entropy, else chaos take over!

(Yeah, I'm a neat freak; I fight entropy every day; often it is a losing battle against my own laziness)

SomeoneElse

Yes Lady!

Giving in to entropy would be selecting "I really do not care."

But it seems that there are a lot of people that do not care about cleanliness.

This is terrible news to me.

LostPenguin

I care, I just don't do anything about it too often. :? I don't know if it's my depression or what, but I just feel so dragged down sometimes that I just don't want to deal with any of it until I absolutely have to. Includes the house and myself. I didn't choose any of them, for the record.

mouth brooder

And, giving into entropy implies care. Encouraging entropy on the other hand....

So, like LostPenguin, I care but I'm not motivated enough to act much, and unlike LostPenguin it isn't because of depression, it is often because I am having too much fun doing other things. Like posting on AVEN.

SomeoneElse

I do not know whether this is true for everyone, but if you do have a clean simplified environment, it helps many people to have a clear mind as well.

I get stressed if my environment is not spotless. I make it easy too, I just do not own anything that can get dirty. My house is pretty much empty, minus my bed, my couch, and my television.

Roomba does my vacuuming, and Scooba does my mopping.

Yeah, I am hardly ever stressed! :D

I'm a bit strange about cleanliness. I'll sort things down to the last little detail, sorting by color, size, shape, ect. with everything... and then abandon the nicely sorted boxes and bags of everything in the middle of the floor. My room looks like a tornado hit it three times over, but I know exactly where everything is. If someone so much as shifts anything, I can tell instantly.

As for being sentimental, I'm utterly hopeless. I'll keep things that I've collected just so that I know someone is keeping the memories of the object from being forgotten. Does that make any sense?

I'm surely a hardcore messie and rather disorganized. My job is also unpredictable. There isn't much beyond washing, shaving laundry and dishes that I get done. - No, a asexual housewife surely wouldn't make me feel more comfortable. It would take time until my dirt and junk collection would bother me enough to do something about it and well I haven't got it; I work too much and am also internet addicted.

I don't know where everything I should still own might be. I had to move recently and somebody even helped me tidying up, which created extra confusion.

I'd call myself quite sentimental about things. I could give but not throw away. I still have hobby stuff which i didn't use several years and am quite unwilling to part.

I do not know whether this is true for everyone, but if you do have a clean simplified environment, it helps many people to have a clear mind as well.

It does that for me, plus gives me some sense of control when life is at one of those stages where there is little self-determination available. You might say that the worse my life is going...the cleaner my house gets :)

Lately, I've started to relax a little in regards to housecleaning (I was nearing the 'obsessive/compulsive' range :) ). So, that may be a good indication that things are getting better!

Archived