My asexuality

Eduardobrasil

Eduardobrasil

I lost all my sexual desire few weeks ago, when i had some problems with my girlfriend, emotional problems, and i started to see the world ina different way... we dont need sex to be happy, to be fullfilled, and I´m really glad to know that there are more people like me, even if theyre motives are different than mine!!!

Eduardo from Brasil

Hello and welcome!

I'm not sure you're using the term "asexuality" in quite the same terms we are. Just for the sake of clarification, we are not celibates. There was no conscious decision to be asexual, it's the way we were born. We didn't let go of any sexual desires we may have had, because we never had any to begin with.

Celibates are people that do have sex drives, but for whatever reason make the decision to abstain from sex. Asexuals are people of a sexual orientation, which is something that cannot be chosen or changed.

I find your claim that you lost all you sexual desires (let alone in the matter of weeks) to be a might perplexing. If sex has become unimportant to you, that's one thing. Sex can be unimportant without having "lost" one's sex drive--something I don't think is actually possible. One's desires can be messed with due to use of anti-depressents and other psychodrugs, and may shift depending on one's mental state. But I wouldn't assume right away that emotional/relationship issues have caused the disappearance of sexual drives you've had all your life.

At any rate, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to preach or anything. Just thought some explanation might help you out. :wink: Welcome to the board, Eduardo.

*Nodding head in agreement with Julie*

But you're still very welcome here!

Cate

Hey Eduardo-

Welcome to the board :) I've only been here a couple days, and have found this community to be very accepting and welcoming, and I'm sure you will too :)

-Josh

Well, I'm sure that things get better.

All things heal with time if you let them. So my advice to you is to give it time. And I would like to welcome you to the form. But Julie has a point with the entire asexuality thing. There are different kinds of asexuals though. But we do have something in common, no matter if you develop as asexual or not. THe entire disintrest in sex bit.

So, I would like to welcome you to AVEN, and I hope to hear more from you....But give it time....and have some wine....hehehe....not too much, but a glass helps you reflect on life a bit more. So yeah.

Welcome!

VivreEstEsperer

Welcome!

And, by the way, you are member #600!!!

Whoopee!!! *throws big party*

Kate

Archived