Yet another questions for sexuals....

Fuzzrules

for me.. romance novel sex = exaggerated cheesefest *and i am very, very sexual*

I have to admit I've never read a romance novel, but I'm sure there are good ones and bad ones like everything else. Bad art is bad art...

-Chiaroscuro

It mostly depends on how sexual of a person you are. If you can get yourself very turned on just by fantasizing about sex, then you are likely to enjoy written erotica in some form or fashion, and you are probably capable of having mind-blowingly awesome sex with the right person in the right context. It's hard to explain, but when the connections line up the right way and all the inner biological switches fire in consistent succession, then the physical act of whatever seems to intensify, until you can't even think of anything but the sex you're having right at that moment (or if you're just fantasizing, the sex that you want to have) and if this is done consistently until the moment of orgasm, then yes, the experience that you get and the resultant orgasm is amazingly intense. I've had orgasms that left my toes tingling, and my very first orgasm happened just from fantasizing when I was about 14, no masturbating whatsoever. It scared me too at the time, because I didn't know what it was.

...however. My sex drive has taken a nosedive since I've been on hormonal birth control (7 years!) since then, and things don't really turn me on anymore, and without that, sex is definitely not as pleasurable, and I can see how some would think it overrated. So the final answer is that, yes, it can be that good, but isn't always.

I am a fan of Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty trilogy as well 8)

Archived