Knowable - People reveal how they found out they were asexual

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

http://www.knowable.com/a/people-reveal-how-they-found-out-they-were-asexual-?utm_content=inf_10_3136_2&tse_id=INF_59e981605ebb11e790011d41b85aaeb5

30 June 2017

Just a heads up you should probably not read the comments at the bottom because they are really rude. 

LittleGoody2Shoes

When I learned what sexual attraction was in my early twenties and realized that what I felt was aesthetic attraction I realized I was asexual.

I confused both sensual attraction and romantic attraction for sexual attraction for years. Having a libido didn't help, because clearly if someone can get turned on they are obviously sexual, right? *rolls eyes* Oh how naïve I was.

POSSIBLE TMI WARNING: I remember how I decided I was bi was because people would ask "who do you want to have sex with?" and I translated that into "which is more appealing, having sex with someone who has a penis or vagina?" Both were equally unappealing so I figured that must mean I was bisexual since, hey, they were equal in their appeal level.

Still took me years to actually realize that my strong desire to touch and cuddle while simultaneously wanting to date someone was not sexual attraction.

A Different Mononoke

Goerge Takei has linked this page on his facebook now as well.

Miss Anne Thrope
On 02/07/2017 at 5:54 PM, scarletlatitude said:

Just a heads up you should probably not read the comments at the bottom because they are really rude. 

The comments have since been removed.

Archived