Sexual Ally

ThorGodofT

Hey all,

My name's Myke, joining because I was introduced to the existence of the asexual community by Julie (jayann2002) when she spoke to QUAD (Queers United Against Discrimination) here at UConn last night.

I'm co-chair of AQUA (Allies and Queers Undergraduate Association) which is the parent of QUAD, and I was extremely interested in learning about a minority within the Queer Community that I'd never heard of before.

Thank you all for sharing everything you have on these boards, and thank you for the opportunity to learn more.

Not that I'm all that much of a resource, but I wanted to proclaim my support of the asexual community, and my pledge to help educate people about your existence whenever I can. If there is ever anything that I can do to help you achieve this, feel free to AIM or email and ask!

~Myke

Hey Myke! It means a lot to me that you joined. :D AVENites, I hope you all give this dude the warm welcome he deserves. It's only fair after the very warm welcome I received upon introducing myself and our orientation at QUAD.

Thanks again Myke. I'm so grateful for the lovely reception, and I look foward to working with QUAD and AQUA in the future!

Welcome! It's great to see that you're interested in this stuff (the more we get into it, the more it intersects early and often with queer politics. I'm sure you'd find alot of what we talk about interesting, and we'd love you're input. As someone familiar with organizing around queer issues I'd say you're a great resource. You can't really talk about asexuality without talking about sexuality, and to really have discussions about both will require both sexual and asexual perspectives.

Welcome to the board! Hope you like it here!

Hi Myke!

Jayann told us how well her speech went and we're so thrilled that she received such a positive response. Thanks for stopping by and being so welcoming.

Cate

I appreciate the kind words, Myke. After years spent wandering around the parking lot next to the GLBT tent, you can't imagine how reassuring it is that there's room under the actual tent. Your avatar also cracks me up.

VivreEstEsperer

Welcome Myke!! Julie you have some awesome super-cool people at your school!!

yeah there's definitely room for queer theory in asexuality or asexuality in queer theory whicever way you put it, so you will definitely I think find some interesting things to mull around here and we could also use someone with your perspective :)

I think I now crown conneticut the most asexual friendly state...lol

Kate

DUDE!

JULIE! ANOTHER ONE! THANK YOU! Yeah....Nice to have a supporter...for the smallest sexual minority....wait a sec.....wait...how does that work....were not sexual...how can we be a sexual minority? Interesting...But anyway! YEAH FOR SUPPORTERS!

Nice to see you here!

Archived