Are Liberals Evil? (Title is slightly sarcastic.)

Starfall

24 minutes ago, ThaHoward said:

They are. EU-parliament members are elected by direct EU elections. Then each nation send their own representant to the executive branch - each of the government's being democratically elected. Then all EU membership are voluntairly, as proven by Brexit and the European nations who are not members due to popular elections where EU membership were turned down, and then of course the member nations who elected to be part of it.. 

So no, you have read fake news. 

Lol, I heard it from people on AVEN. Not news. Quit trying to make it sound like all of my sources are shit, its really insulting. 

But it's just false. Wouldn't it be false if I said USA don't democratically elect their President and Legaslative organ? 

And those who have said it on AVEN have before been proven to be wrong, one have to wonder what kind of sources are used for obvious false information. And you made it look like your sources in general are fake, I just said the specific source that may have led you to believe EU is not democratic are false. 

16 minutes ago, ThaHoward said:

But it's just false. Wouldn't it be false if I said USA don't democratically elect their President and Legaslative organ? 

And those who have said it on AVEN have before been proven to be wrong, one have to wonder what kind of sources are used for obvious false information. And you made it look like your sources in general are fake, I just said the specific source that may have led you to believe EU is not democratic are false. 

I didn't know, and already said I don't. 

CaptainYesterday
4 hours ago, Homer said:

CY, let me just add three things to the link you just posted.

One, this law is being discussed A LOT over here and the overwhelming majority of people does not agree with this bs. It's vague, it's impossible to put in practice and it's designed to interfere with free speech (which is a thing over here, which I am thankful for).

Leading to Two, this "law" is VERY likely to be overruled by our Supreme Court. The question is when, not if.

Three, our "minister of justice" is a clueless jerk who sucks everywhere he goes. If he tried to throw a rock on the ground, he'd miss. He's the epitome of incompetence. This is not "Germany" fucking stuff up, it is one braindead politician running amok.

(I do not think that this system is truly democratic anyway. This very law is a perfect example of what is wrong in this country.)

That's good to hear, but haven't Germans had a lot of similar censorship for a while?  I mean, I get it, being Nazis sucked.  The American slave trade was also a pretty big blemish, but we don't put people in prison for talking about it.  Hell, we have people who proudly fly the Confederate flag here.

12 hours ago, CaptainYesterday said:

That's good to hear, but haven't Germans had a lot of similar censorship for a while?  I mean, I get it, being Nazis sucked.  The American slave trade was also a pretty big blemish, but we don't put people in prison for talking about it.  Hell, we have people who proudly fly the Confederate flag here.

Germany also doesn't put people in prison just for talking about nazis, if they did, every single history teacher, and every single person whoever toke history class would be in prison, and we'd have significantly overfilled prisons, due to ca 80 million people having talked about nazis in some form. The things that are illegal can mostly be summed up to no hate speech, no anti-constitutional stuff (nazi stuff falls under this, interesting though is "Mein Kampf" was declared not anti-constitutional, because it's older then our constitution, just a random fun fact) and no holocaust denial (which also illegal in many other countries). I think a lot of the restrictions come from the fact that the highest and most important law in Germany that stand in front of everything else has to do with human dignity, and anything that harms it, first after that come freedoms, so.. (that mostly has to do with history..)  

The confederate flag is a bit different though, when compared to the nazi flag, though it can represent racist stuff, it's also heavily associated with the south in general, as in with heritage and not just racist stuff like slavery, the nazi flag is associated with.. Nazi Germany, not really with anything else.. 

Spoiler

I have no particular opinion either way on free speech in Germany, it doesn't really effect me.. so... but saying we put people in jail for talking about nazis is just kind of very incorrect.. 

I doubt that would actually be allowed in Sweden to bar an entire group. Still many of more conservative leanings usually argue that one should be allowed to have a say in who should be allowed or not to a private event. 

Still that's one person and she is not a representative for the Swedish people or nation?

CaptainYesterday
1 hour ago, ThaHoward said:

I doubt that would actually be allowed in Sweden to bar an entire group. Still many of more conservative leanings usually argue that one should be allowed to have a say in who should be allowed or not to a private event. 

Still that's one person and she is not a representative for the Swedish people or nation?

We'll see if the government allows it or not.  I'm pessimistic when it comes to Sweden treating men well.

Aren't you in general supportive that private persons are allowed to decide who are allowed in their property and not? And this is an artist, not the government. 

13 minutes ago, ThaHoward said:

Aren't you in general supportive that private persons are allowed to decide who are allowed in their property and not? And this is an artist, not the government. 

Isnt it that if they use public grounds, that they cant discriminate against anyone?

Dunno about Swedish laws. But as I said since it's Sweden it is most likely not allowed to discriminate like that. However if it is private grounds (like it is owned by a private company or person) and it's a concert by a private artist many would argue it would be within their right to decide who are to enter their property (the groundowners) and their event (the artist). 

1 minute ago, ThaHoward said:

Dunno about Swedish laws. But as I said since it's Sweden it is most likely not allowed to discriminate like that. However if it is private grounds (like it is owned by a private company or person) and it's a concert by a private artist many would argue it would be within their right to decide who are to enter their property (the groundowners) and their event (the artist). 

That is how it is with private grounds in Usa too. 

I was just wondering if the festival took place in private or on public grounds.

47 minutes ago, Yaldabaoth said:

That is how it is with private grounds in Usa too. 

I was just wondering if the festival took place in private or on public grounds.

looking at the article, the person only made the suggestion of holding one next year

from the article

A day after her initial tweet, she confirmed plans for the event to go ahead, saying: "Sweden's first man-free rock festival will see the light next summer.

"In the coming days I'll bring together a solid group of talented organisers and project leaders to form the festival organisers, then you'll hear from everyone again when it's time to move forward."

honestly, don't see this happening. for one, musicians don't want to exclude their fans from performances, they like playing and playing in front of many people as possible so excluding 50% (in theory) ain't going to work. people also like going to concerts with their loved ones (except me, I like going on my own).

probably the tweet and announcement were for publicity from the person who made them, i think. will they follow through with it, don't know but seems that it being picked up will make the comedian who said it, get more tiwitter followers.

CaptainYesterday
51 minutes ago, ThaHoward said:

In the abstract, I support anyone's right to associstion.  The problem with this, however, is people only seem to want the freedom to discriminate against white men.  We just saw this in the US with the Wonder Woman screening, which I am holping is eventually ruled as having been illegal (which it should be).

There are two issues here.  One, this kind of sentiment would be considered bigoted if literally any other group was the target.  Honestly, please try to think of a single group other than "men" that could be placed in that headline and still have a positive spin on it.

Two, this is misplacing the blame on "men" and not "migrants," because Sweden in general is unwilling to hold migrants to any of their crimes.

• 1 month later...
Karacoreable
On 05/07/2017 at 8:40 PM, CaptainYesterday said:

In the abstract, I support anyone's right to associstion.  The problem with this, however, is people only seem to want the freedom to discriminate against white men.  We just saw this in the US with the Wonder Woman screening, which I am holping is eventually ruled as having been illegal (which it should be).

There are two issues here.  One, this kind of sentiment would be considered bigoted if literally any other group was the target.  Honestly, please try to think of a single group other than "men" that could be placed in that headline and still have a positive spin on it

I don't think it's positive even with the word 'men', let alone any other group. I immensely dislike Wonder Woman, although I suspect we have different reasons and I'd be interested to hear yours if you'd care to elaborate. :)

straightouttamordor

Are Liberals evil ?  Absolutely not. No ! But it may surprise you that I fall somewhere between a Paleoconservative and a libertarian. The Deep state which is a diabolical  fusion of Conservativism and Liberalism runs the show from behind the scenes. So both Conservatives and Liberals are duped and mistaken on many things. It's not completely  their fault. Those who control the information rule the world. Information is much more powerful than nuclear, biological or chemical weapons. Wars are rarely fought for the official reasons the PR spin cyclist say they are.

On 8/31/2017 at 9:04 PM, prib23 said:

Are Liberals evil ?  Absolutely not. No ! But it may surprise you that I fall somewhere between a Paleoconservative and a libertarian. The Deep state which is a diabolical  fusion of Conservativism and Liberalism runs the show from behind the scenes. So both Conservatives and Liberals are duped and mistaken on many things. It's not completely  their fault. Those who control the information rule the world. Information is much more powerful than nuclear, biological or chemical weapons. Wars are rarely fought for the official reasons the PR spin cyclist say they are.

Too bad the right people are losing control of the media, information networks, social media, and education.

The deep state is the biggest issue really, and just because something is a "Theory", doesn't mean its implausible like everyone likes to think. I can't prove what causes the actual force of gravity, but I can observe and point out its affects. Same thing. 

• 5 months later...

Neither liberals are conservatives are evil. Imperfect? Yes, but not evil. People on the extremes of the political spectrum (or else those with lacking critical thinking skills) might believe that “all people who believe X broad ideology are  evil”, but it doesn’t make it true. Social and news media tend to amplify the vocal parts of minority views either through reporting on it, or through the sharing functions on social media (coupled with the confirmation bias for both).

Each viewpoint has its merits and shortcomings, and I think it would do people good to look at things from another perspective - to step inside a person’s skin and walk around in it - so they can see a fuller picture. 

Most seem ignorant to the bigger picture. Which isn't to say that any of the other political leanings have their heads on correctly either. Every political party is it's own brand of unique ignorance.

SorryNotSorry

No, liberals are not evil. FREEDOM is evil.

Archived