Touch fondness I guess?

all.that.jazz

Touch fondness I guess?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Do you, as an ace, enjoy or even at times even crave physical contact with other people?

• Frequently
    • Occasionally
    • Never

This poll is closed to new votes

all.that.jazz

I read a poll about aces who are touch-averse, and I'm curious about the other way around! Are there other aces who experience touch hunger, or a desire to have (non-intimate) physical contact with people? For me, it doesn't matter who you are, if I know you or not, I will hug you (only if you are alright with it of course). And I'm a complete cuddlebug. Thoughts?

Edit: I worded this as "skin hunger" when that's not at all what I meant. 

Meh, sometimes. Still prefer clothes though.

all.that.jazz
1 minute ago, SkyWorld said:

Meh, sometimes. Still prefer clothes though.

Confused?

4 minutes ago, chronic.chemist said:

Confused?

As in not a "skin hunger", but having that same kind of physical contact, but not skin on skin. As in, with clothes.

Edit: The only skin I would be comfortable with is hands. Anything else, there has to be clothes between. I hope that makes sense. :'D

all.that.jazz
1 minute ago, SkyWorld said:

As in not a "skin hunger", but having that same kind of physical contact, but not skin on skin. As in, with clothes.

Gotcha. That's actually exactly what I meant, not skin on skin...*edits post*

😝

all.that.jazz
5 minutes ago, SkyWorld said:

Edit: The only skin I would be comfortable with is hands. Anything else, there has to be clothes between. I hope that makes sense. :'D

Completely makes sense, and that's exactly what I meant too. Thanks for pointing out my unrealized confusion 😃

Mezzo Forte

I have a very tactile family, so I enjoy certain forms of platonic touch quite a bit. (Massages are the best.) Can't say I'm very good at initiating touch though, so I do get a little touch starved when I'm away from them.

Cuddles are great. I'm not comfortable hugging most people, and most people I know don't really appreciate it anyway, but I do frequently feel like I want to hug.

Not sure about non-intimate touch, if I don't know someone then I really don't want them hugging me.

darkstreamers252

I'd like to be touched by someone I trust, otherwise, I abhor being touched because of previous trauma.

Sometimes a hug can make me feel so good. Unfortunately the list of people I can cuddle with is short right now. :( 

nerdperson777

Touching is more like sensual attraction so there are touch repulsed ones and then there are some of us who like touch so it's not really something to compare.  I'm kind of grey and demisensual that I've noticed so far.  Usually I have to be close to someone to feel their hug but once or twice I believe I felt something from a person who I wasn't even close to.  But I do have trauma so I'll never think to get any hugs from my parents because they gave me the trauma.  Dad thinks hugs are magic so they count as apologies that are automatically accepted and overall you magically feel better after one.  Once he hugged a box into a face when I was moving it.  Couldn't have waited a few seconds for me to put the box down?  So not everyone, almost no one.

fatal flower-boy

I get my fills from the parents. :D Giving my parents bear hugs is always the best. That's all I need right now. ;D 

Yeah, somtimes I feel touch starved/lack of affection. Im aro/ace but I still need some sort of human contact to stay sane lol Im able to get most of it from my family and best friend but Im the only person to initiate it. Unless youre a child I have to the one to initiate it or im extremely repulsed. I love cuddles from my neices and nephews. They keep me sane and its obviously platonic haha 

I've found that petting dogs mostly satisfies me.

I used to be more uncomfortable with touch and still occasionally am... but I have greatly warmed up to it due to much more contact in the past year. Still physical contact even like a hug is uncomfortable if I am not good friends with the individual

AwkwardAxolotl

I used to be ambivalent about touch. After some experience with non-consensual touch, I'm only okay with being touched by people I really trust. And even with people I completely trust, how okay I am with being touched varies day to day. Some days I like hugs/whatever, some days even just shaking someone's hand freaks me out. Animals are a completely different story though. There has never been a day that I would turn down cuddles from a non-human animal.

TheCatBehind

Every night I wish I could cuddle up to anyone, I found myself not being able to fall asleep properly if I don't have a pillow between my arms and legs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It is in no way sexual, but it is very much my craving every night.

Not at all!That's the last thing I'd want.I ain't a touch averse but it feels kind of insecured I don't know why.Hugs from someone very close are certainly alright.

Hugging and cuddling is probably my favourite thing: it's even above chocolate.

I love cuddling with family and friends, but I have a hard time asking friends. I adore having my hair played with and wish I could pay hairdressers to do that for an hour.

What I miss most about my ex is accidentally falling asleep next to him on the couch, watching terrible movies.

Is there a Tinder for that?

CuriousLolita

I actually only ever want physical contact from my boyfriend and my close friends and being touched by my family or by my not so close friends before they ask me is really uncomfortable for me. Just ever since I was a kid I've found physical contact just horribly uncomfortable and awkward. At least people around me have started to notice that I clearly don't like it and have been asking if it's ok to touch me. Unless I'm having a bad day or something then I'm showered in awkward hugs and it's the one time I don't mind being swamped with hugs from anyone.

My selection was "Occasionally".  I grew up largely in India, and South America, Both countries can, and are very open with touch in greetings (in South America, the standard way to greet -even strangers- is with a hug and a kiss on each cheek). In fact, one of the biggest "cultural shocks" i had when I began living in the U.S was the two-pronged weirdness of most touch-avoidance in greetings (ie: hugs/cheek kissing) and the... don't know what word to use to describe it...juxtaposition? of touch as sexual, or as a preclude to possible sexual engagement. It is precisely this weirdness that keeps me from seeking touch with any kind of regular basis. As an asexual woman, I have had hugs be misinterpreted often enough to discourage me from physical expressions of affection, lest they be mistaken for sexual overtures.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not big on sexual stuff, but I LOVE cuddling and napping all close and cozy. I feel like the other person's energy recharges mine. I'm very sensual and affectionate.

J. van Deijck

I said "occasionally" because it varies depending on a person. 

I'm generally touch averse. in many cases, being touched is unpleasant or even painful to me. the less I know/like the person, the worse it is.

however, when I like someone, things change a bit. I wouldn't mind hugging people I like, there's one certain person whose cuddles I literally crave, and I'm sad most of my friends live so far from me that I can't even hug them.

SamwiseLovesLife

I like touching animals

drjohnhwatson

I've said no in the past, but I know that is a lie.  I actually like to be held and stuff, but I put up a big front about it.  Like I had a co-worker who always wanted to hug people and I would try to sneak out and away but she'd catch me and I'd kick up a fuss over it, yet I liked it anyway.

:lol:.

• 4 weeks later...
Anomaly Q3Xr

In general I am not comfortable with being touched, but when I have a partner, I enjoy cuddles, and holding hands, etc.

Archived