AceApp: smartphone ace dating app

Nea Rose Symphony

Nea Rose Symphony

I heard about it on twitter and it's now up and running. Anybody on AceApp? What's your experience? I'm on it and it's very slow and clunky. I hope it gets a lot of people and speeds up with its updates

*squee*

I've tried it and it seems to have quite a lot of members from many different countries for a app in the beta development stage. It could use quite a few improvements, specifically adding a function that only shows members in your area. I think there should also be a preferences filter, similar to MeetMe :) .

Nea Rose Symphony

Ye. It has a lot of potential to meet

fatal flower-boy
19 hours ago, VirusHybrid said:

I've tried it and it seems to have quite a lot of members from many different countries for a app in the beta development stage.

I was really surprised about this.

There are a lot of people who have really given it a try! I like it because I can find new friends/ people who have the same interests as me. That's always a great thing ;D

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
19 hours ago, VirusHybrid said:

I've tried it and it seems to have quite a lot of members from many different countries for a app in the beta development stage. It could use quite a few improvements, specifically adding a function that only shows members in your area. I think there should also be a preferences filter, similar to MeetMe :) .

Exactly !

Man, I am missing a search at this state. I've seen an interesting profile, but didn't write them right away and now I feel like there's no way to get back to that.

• 11 months later...
duddess_ebster

Do you have anymore info on this app? In the US on an iPhone trying to find it and I can’t! 😭

12 hours ago, duddess_ebster said:

Do you have anymore info on this app? In the US on an iPhone trying to find it and I can’t! 😭

Last I knew they were still working on getting it on IOS

duddess_ebster
On 6/5/2018 at 4:15 PM, XIII said:

Last I knew they were still working on getting it on IOS

Dang. Well I'll be looking forward to it for sure! Thanks!

Bronztrooper

I'm on it, but simply for curiosity's sake.  It is a bit nice to see how many ace people live in the US and I like how easy it is to update your location (had to move from Jersey to South Carolina a couple of weeks ago), but I'm not the kind of person to just message people I don't know unless I have a reason to, so I haven't talked to anyone on it.  I'd rather just let other people contact me.

idk, maybe I'm just not comfortable with the idea of dating apps in general.

just one more way to feel like you are on an island...

• 2 weeks later...

To find it, you have to capitalize ACE in the search bar. 🍰

It doesn’t work. It crashes constantly. It doesn’t remember who you swipe and shows you the same people even if you’ve swiped left a hundred times on them. You have no idea if you have any messages unless you constantly check your inbox. 

Guest Talgo
7 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

It doesn’t remember who you swipe and shows you the same people even if you’ve swiped left a hundred times on them.

I'm guessing it's because there are limited people to show. So you go through who you have seen, and it starts you at the beginning.

7 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

You have no idea if you have any messages unless you constantly check your inbox. 

This part is really annoying. There should be a notification somewhere that you have an unread message.

Also, the one girl in my area that is close to my age read my message but never responded 😭

DayDreamer~

I signed up as well. Evidently there's no one within a hundred miles of me, for now. :P 

I usually like to wait for other people to message me, so I'm not expecting much, but we'll see. Might as well give it a shot! It definitely seemed like a good alternative to other dating sites, since I'm generally ill at ease about those due to being Ace in the first place. Hopefully it gets better over time with functionality, but I think it's a great start and a nice idea for the Ace community in general.

Is it like a dating app? Or a friend app? I’m not really sure what the concept or purpose is.

AroAce_Fangirl

Is this for dating or for like platonic friends

Guest Talgo

I think it's for both, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of heteromantics use it to try to date (myself included). 

I have had people start chats with me from around the world tho and so far it's all pretty "Hey hows it goin?"

I'm on there as well and I was surprised to see that there were two people in my home state

Update: Turns out there's three people and one sent me a message!

DayDreamer~
20 hours ago, Athi816 said:

Is it like a dating app? Or a friend app? I’m not really sure what the concept or purpose is.

19 hours ago, AroAce_Fangirl said:

Is this for dating or for like platonic friends

You can use it for both, but you have the option of selecting what you're on there for: Relationships, Chat, Friendship. You can even choose all three if you want to.

Jean Claude Van Ace
On 6/21/2018 at 3:09 AM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

You have no idea if you have any messages unless you constantly check your inbox. 

I've received notifications for new messages from people I've talked in the past, but I don't get any if a person is contacting me for the first time.

I find it to be the best app/website available at this point, but I'm sure it would be even better if this notification bug was sorted out. I'd also like to be able to search through people in my country as well, not limiting my search on physical distance.

MyWorldIsBlu
On 6/13/2017 at 3:08 PM, Neapolitan_Cat said:

I heard about it on twitter and it's now up and running. Anybody on AceApp? What's your experience? I'm on it and it's very slow and clunky. I hope it gets a lot of people and speeds up with its updates

I hadn't heard about the app until after reading your post. I'm going to check it out now. 

I wish there was a PC version of it... I'm not a big fan of smartphone based dating apps and I do like seeing messages, profile info and photos on a big screen.   

queenturkey

I’m on IOS. I deleted it because it’s super glitchy and no one will to me on it I think a lot of profiles are abandoned. Id redownload it if it had forums 🤷‍♀️

20 hours ago, Queen Turkeygirl said:

I’m on IOS. I deleted it because it’s super glitchy and no one will to me on it I think a lot of profiles are abandoned. Id redownload it if it had forums 🤷‍♀️

Yeah. It’s horrible. I’ve deleted it too 

princessem1020

It doesn’t work yet.

Archived