AceApp: smartphone ace dating app

Nea Rose Symphony

cheyenneLS

Frustrating app, no notifications, doesn't always display all the profiles of those nearby (even hough you know they are there !) and now it's gone and deleted all my conversations !

• 4 months later...
Darkfortress._
On 6/30/2018 at 10:42 AM, Queen Turkeygirl said:

I’m on IOS. I deleted it because it’s super glitchy and no one will to me on it I think a lot of profiles are abandoned. Id redownload it if it had forums 🤷‍♀️

Same. It was soo glitchy, sometimes I couldn’t even see their profiles. I just gave up, I’ll probably never have local ace friends. 

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
On 6/14/2017 at 12:08 AM, Neapolitan_Cat said:

I heard about it on twitter and it's now up and running. Anybody on AceApp? What's your experience? I'm on it and it's very slow and clunky. I hope it gets a lot of people and speeds up with its updates

I think it's awesome! I met quite a lot of nice people there. It had some rough spots when it first came ot but it has been fixed and improved a LOT since then and it's fantastic to see such a broad range of different nationalities there. It really gives you an authetic feeling of worldwide connection with other aces.

3 hours ago, Novelty14 said:

I’ve never heard of it before. Is it a dating app or something else?

Not only for dating you can also find friends over it (that's what I'm using it for) or just chat with other aces.
You have profiles with basic information: you can upload a profile picture and give information about what you're looking for (relationship, friendship, chat), in which genders you may be interested in and how you define yourself (ace, aromantic, demiromantic, graysexual, etc. there are many options). You can also write a short description about yourself.
On the start page you get to see profiles of other users and when there's someone you want to talk to, a chat can be opened (similiar to WhatsApp).
There is no match making system or something. Overall the app is kept in a minimalist style.

The downside is you don't get notifications when someone answered your chat, it's a bit glitchy sometimes and some people never answer like others wrote (dead profiles).
Overall I like the app. I guess I was lucky - already met two aces living not too far away from me and had great conversations with them.

Been using it for a couple of weeks now. I don't treat it as a dating app cuz i don't understand how some can develop a connection through an app but it's great for having a casual chat with aces from all over the world. 

Its been out for about a year as far as I know and the developers said they've been working on it but it hasn't received any real updates.

Thanks everyone for your informative responses..

My experience has been positive thus far I have chatted to two people one in India and one in the uk from america. :)

I just treat it as friendship thing but I feel that is how we work anyway..

Besides I am a lot older than most on there with the rare exception.. 

I have never seen why asexual Dating is scary! from an my point of view it always friendship first and if something comes out of that then I am open to it but as long as its mutual  then we can have a conversation about it and go from there..

I have never known any Aces that just go on dates to meet in person and see if they click like normal dating

which can be really shallow anyway.

I've been treating it as a chat/friendship thing mainly and I've talked to a few people (one in Italy, another in India, and another that I think lived somewhere else in the US).  I just like talking with people and it's nice to have an app like AceApp where you can just talk to people for the sake of talking if you want.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found it to work quite well! The only problem I've found with it is that sometimes the sort by locals/distance thing doesn't work. For example, say I ask to find matches within 200 or 300 miles? It'll say "could not find any matches," when I *know* for a fact that just a few minutes before I was seeing matches or chatting with people that did fit that description. But beyond that, I like it! I haven't found it to be glitchy, and there seems to be lots of people! (Just sadly not many from nearby.)

• 1 year later...
Planet Zuda

Aceapp is insecure, theyre posting your picture, name, location, etc. the second you log in to anyone in the world without logging in. Additionally, you can download all the profile pictures on their site in matter of minutes. There is a video showing the  issue and article. What's more concerning is they call it a feature..... oh, everything you do on the site can be seen by your room mates, coffee shops, etc. because they use an insecure connection called http instead of https. https://planetzuda.com/dating-app-aceapp-for-asexuals-leak-users-personally-identifying-info/2020/02/15/

while I agree this data should be better handled, we can only expect so much from hobbiest developers like I assume mr purush is, and the amount of information that can be leaked is minimal so long as you are taking reasonable precautions. did you send an email to the address provided in the  screenshot?

also thanks for I assume working hard to keep internet communities secure

Planet Zuda
14 hours ago, Moonman said:

A good majority of people with smartphones are telling the world exactly where they are, who they are, who all their friends are and what their political opinions are with Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and Twitter. *shrugs shoulders* 

Yes, they are doing that knowingly and with explicit consent. This was not known about and is not told to the users. A database dump and users deciding to share info are two different things entirely. 

Archived