Just in time for Pride... all-new Merchandace!

Mr No

Hey everyone!

Hopefully you already know about Merchandace, my ace merch site. I've just launched a new version - please have a look and let me know what you think!

And if you didn't know about it already, now you do! :)

Take a look here: https://merchandace.com

HOLY COW SO MANY NEW THINGS!!!

Is there some way to search or categorize them all somehow? I'm overwhelmed by the options! Edit: Of course there is, I got lost in the page and forgot to check the top silly me :)

Kudos, Mr No, for the amazing new site. It looks ace-mazing. *sorry, I'll show myself out now :P

I am very pleased by this! Makes life easier to find ace merch!

Thank you everyone for your kind words! :)

2 hours ago, FranciumSenpai said:

Oh man, so much stuff. Just a question though... Are there no android phone cases at all?

I'm kinda limited by what people make - although bear in mind that the site only shows one image for each type of product. So although most of the cases are represented by iPhone pictures, if you click on them you'll see they are available for other phones and laptops too.

• 2 weeks later...
TeamYellowUmbrella

My adblocker is telling me not to go on shareasale. Is it not safe or just have a lot of ads?

1 hour ago, TeamYellowUmbrella said:

My adblocker is telling me not to go on shareasale. Is it not safe or just have a lot of ads?

It's an affiliate marketing network. Basically it puts a cookie on your computer to say that you came from my site, and then forwards you onto the merchant. Literally all this is used for is because the merchant will give me a small kickback for advertising them (it comes out of the store's share of the money, not the artist's) - and even then it's just an ID number, no personal information or anything, and typically expires after a few days to a few weeks.

As with many things, it's very much up to you whether you consider this acceptable or not. Ad-blockers generally take a fairly extreme view on what's acceptable, and will reject anything that's even remotely tracking anything. I guess it's better to be overzealous and let users pick their own opt-outs, rather than deciding that certain things are OK without giving the user a chance.

My personal view (and I use a very strict ad-blocker) is that affiliate marketing trackers are fine with me, and I usually allow them. The security risk is minimal to non-existent, and the whole process is what allows sites like Merchandace to exist. I make no secret of the fact that it uses affiliate marketing (it's all there on the About page) - but I should stress that I'm not getting rich off of it. It covers its own costs, and the surplus is about enough to buy myself a drink once every year or so.

I like! Now I just need to get my new phone and laptop so I can get the new case and sleeve for them - would be irritating to buy one now and then get new items that don't fit, no?

• 2 weeks later...
Divide By Zero

Awesome!

I just had way too much fun shopping for ace stuff. Now I can't wait for my things to arrive. I'm really looking forward to wearing an ace flag necktie while drinking tea out of my ace pride mug. :)

Archived