What gender equality movement do you align yourself with?

Guest And Peggy

What the title says  

166 members have voted

1. 1. What the title says

• Feminism
    • Men's rights movement
    • Another movement not listed here
    • None of them because they're equally shit
    • None of them because they're equally beneficial
    • All of them because they're equally beneficial
    • I have no opinion about gender equality groups
    • shut the fuck up peggy why did you have to bring this topic into census forum it's bad enough in hot box

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely not feminism. I consider myself egalitarian.

The feminism movement is terrible, full of priviledged first world brats who only care about shit in the 3rd world to prove a point to ppl who don't take them seriously. Really? Video game characters, comics, a scientists shirt? Not to mention their women's march where a woman who killed someone, a terrorist and a woman with links to possible terrorism who said another woman should have her vag taken away, these are the ppl this cult looks up to.  Teach men not to rape. Right cause all men are rapists right? Why not teach ppl not to murder...or kidnap? Wait those crimes aren't gendered enough to fit their narrative. You'll barely find one who gives an equal amount of time to men's issues as women's too.

The hypocrisy everytime I look at something where some vag victim is crying IT'S ABOUT EQUALITY FOR BOTH GENDERS there's always some feminist right above them hating on men. I've grown up seeing men in my family be abused at the hands of women and I REFUSE to be apart of something that has anything to do with hating men even if it is a "bad few". You have to be a certain image and follow a certain mindset and agree with a certain political movement. I see so many religious, non liberal, pro life women be hated and ostracized by "feminists."

Academic feminism. I've done a lot of feminist courses because my uni forces you to do stuff in other faculties and the teachers who are established in my country's gender equality movement are insane. Here are a few gems:

"Every woman's fear before they go to bed is being raped and if that is not your fear. You are lying to yourself."

My fear before I go to bed is being murdered. No feminist has the right to tell me I'm lying about what I feel because it does not fit their agenda.

"When men open doors for women they sending a signal to all the other men in the room that they are the alpha and they have the right to woman's body over the rest and this includes the right to have sex with her and rape her."

Rip all the guys who ever held open doors for me when my hands were full I guess...you wanted to rape me. If established academics are like this you bet I ain't gonna give any chick on the internet who wants to preach what her version feminism is. 

The feminists in these classes are awful. You can't debate them, you can't have a differing opinion and when I (who is a STEM major) asks for evidence or shows them studies I found it's a personal attack. Once for their practical project they spray painted SAY NO TO RAPE! STOP RAPE NOW! (what is that actually doing to help?). On the admin offices windows basically making a mess of public property and you know who had to clean off those windows? The female cleaners. These clowns gave these women who work hard already even more work. When I did a gender course the lecturer plainly said they lied about naming it a Gender course because if they named it a feminist course no one would come (I wonder why?). My  country has it's own issues with women's rights that cannot be solved with first world feminism yet that's the kind imported here to be taught.

Someone above said that people portray them as angry. No honey, your movement does a damn good job of portraying yourselves as angry and dishonest on your own to a point many females don't want anything to do with it. Admit that the movement is problematic and fix these instead of blaming everyone for the negative reaction they have when they hear that word.

Feminists are all for women's rights to choose unless you choose not to join them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2018 at 4:09 PM, Rhaenys said:

Definitely not feminism. I consider myself egalitarian.

The feminism movement is terrible, full of priviledged first world brats who only care about shit in the 3rd world to prove a point to ppl who don't take them seriously. Really? Video game characters, comics, a scientists shirt? Not to mention their women's march where a woman who killed someone, a terrorist and a woman with links to possible terrorism who said another woman should have her vag taken away, these are the ppl this cult looks up to.  Teach men not to rape. Right cause all men are rapists right? Why not teach ppl not to murder...or kidnap? Wait those crimes aren't gendered enough to fit their narrative. You'll barely find one who gives an equal amount of time to men's issues as women's too.

The hypocrisy everytime I look at something where some vag victim is crying IT'S ABOUT EQUALITY FOR BOTH GENDERS there's always some feminist right above them hating on men. I've grown up seeing men in my family be abused at the hands of women and I REFUSE to be apart of something that has anything to do with hating men even if it is a "bad few". You have to be a certain image and follow a certain mindset and agree with a certain political movement. I see so many religious, non liberal, pro life women be hated and ostracized by "feminists."

Academic feminism. I've done a lot of feminist courses because my uni forces you to do stuff in other faculties and the teachers who are established in my country's gender equality movement are insane. Here are a few gems:

"Every woman's fear before they go to bed is being raped and if that is not your fear. You are lying to yourself."

My fear before I go to bed is being murdered. No feminist has the right to tell me I'm lying about what I feel because it does not fit their agenda.

"When men open doors for women they sending a signal to all the other men in the room that they are the alpha and they have the right to woman's body over the rest and this includes the right to have sex with her and rape her."

Rip all the guys who ever held open doors for me when my hands were full I guess...you wanted to rape me. If established academics are like this you bet I ain't gonna give any chick on the internet who wants to preach what her version feminism is. 

The feminists in these classes are awful. You can't debate them, you can't have a differing opinion and when I (who is a STEM major) asks for evidence or shows them studies I found it's a personal attack. Once for their practical project they spray painted SAY NO TO RAPE! STOP RAPE NOW! (what is that actually doing to help?). On the admin offices windows basically making a mess of public property and you know who had to clean off those windows? The female cleaners. These clowns gave these women who work hard already even more work. When I did a gender course the lecturer plainly said they lied about naming it a Gender course because if they named it a feminist course no one would come (I wonder why?). My  country has it's own issues with women's rights that cannot be solved with first world feminism yet that's the kind imported here to be taught.

Someone above said that people portray them as angry. No honey, your movement does a damn good job of portraying yourselves as angry and dishonest on your own to a point many females don't want anything to do with it. Admit that the movement is problematic and fix these instead of blaming everyone for the negative reaction they have when they hear that word.

Feminists are all for women's rights to choose unless you choose not to join them.

#notallfeminists 

Feminism is what you choose it to be. I choose it to be something that doesn't include anything of what you mention above. I support men, I encourage them, treat them with respect and fight with them against toxic masculinity. Not all Feminist 'hate men'. Not all Feminists only care about video games and clothes. Take a listen to 'the Guilty Feminist' podcast. Look at us from a different angle. Oh and yes, parts of the movement are definitely problematic, not going to deny that. 

Oh and honey, no shit we're angry. 

• 4 weeks later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived