Asexuality in Luxembourg

Lume

Hey there,

I am totally proud that Luxembourg's biggest newspaper, Luxemburger Wort, published a full-page article about asexuality, for which I was interviewed as an expert. This was, to my very best knowledge, the first time that the issue was covered in Luxembourgish media.

It's a subscribers only access, so I am not sure whether I am allowed to attach a pdf. But here's a link (with nothing to see, basically):

https://www.wort.lu/de/lokales/tabuthema-asexualitaet-liebe-ja-sex-nein-5911eeada5e74263e13beecb

Cheers!

scarletlatitude

If you are able to get an open access link, please share it! That is awesome that they are giving us some visibility. :)

And this morning while on the bus to work (Kirchberg in Luxemburg city) I saw this advert around ten times out here, only the picture of the woman wearing the black ring as an ace ring. I presume it's just a coincidence but I was, how should I say, very very suprised.

intro-bijouterie-crepier-villefranche-ma

If you are able to get an open access link, please share it!

As soon as there will be open access, I will share it. I have a scanned version, too, which I could share, but I am really not sure about property rights. @Nidwin, do you know anything about that?

You need to wait Lume till the wort makes it publicly available through open access because for the moment the article is behind a pay-wall.

Just out of curiosity, how did the interview went for you and did the journalist(s) had a good/decent knowledge about asexuality?

Yes, Nidwin, I thought so. Additionally, in my opinion, professional journalism is worth paying for.

As I said, I was mainly interviewed as an "expert", providing information, although I also talked about personal experience. I really liked the interviewer, though. She is mainly interested in marginalised topics. She had had no knowledge about asexuality previously, but was very well prepared for the interview, asking very concrete questions. She was also super-empathetic in tackling this rather sensitive issue, which I found great, because she admitted that she had a very hard time writing an article about such a complex topic.

Archived