Esperanto

Esperanto  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Anyone on here speak Esperanto on any level? I'm learning it and it would be nice to know someone who does know it so I can practice using it with someone who like understands what I'm saying.

• Nope, sorry.
    • A little bit/I'm also learning it
    • I'm kinda fluent/I've practiced it for a while now
    • I'm a native speaker/I'm 100% fluent

I'm learning Esperanto and I just want to know if anyone else knows the language one some level. I'd like to speak with you, mostly for the sake of practicing the language, but also for the sake of getting to know more of my ace peoples out there.

One of four languages I know. ^_^
Saluton, mia amiko.

I started learning (so that I could claim fluent bilinguality)...but then I learned about Toki Pona...

2 hours ago, Just Me, Myself and I said:

I started learning (so that I could claim fluent bilinguality)...but then I learned about Toki Pona...

I've never heard of Toki Pona but please, tell me more. I'm a lil bit of a language nerd ;) 

42 minutes ago, FranciumSenpai said:

I've never heard of Toki Pona but please, tell me more. I'm a lil bit of a language nerd ;) 

It's an artificial language with about 120 words overall. They're all pretty basic (there are 9 consonants and 5 vowels), designed to be easy for someone from any native language to pronounce, and the idea is that they're the simple building blocks to make up compound words, et cetera, et cetera. It's even meant to exploit the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis to create a "zen-like state of being", apparently. https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2015/07/toki-pona-smallest-language/398363/

Toki pona li toki pona.

1 hour ago, FranciumSenpai said:

Saluton, saluton. Mi dankas vin! :cake: 

Felica al helpon! Kiel vi fartas?

• 2 months later...

Mi fartas tre bone! 

Mi ne parolas esperanton bone, not yet anyway, but I'm always really excited to meet other Esperantists!

• 2 months later...
Siimo van der fietspad

Saluton! Mi lernas Esperanto kun Duolingo. Mi estas komencanto; mi komencu nur ĉi-semajne! Ĉar mi parolas aliajn lingvoj, multaj vortoj estas facila.

i can't say this in Esperanto yet so will have to krokodilas, but whilst I've been finding it very swift progress and usually can work out almost all the new words and find the grammar as logical as was intended , I feel as if I miss the things that make natural languages awkward like irregular verbs, silent and double letters, and idioms. It gives them personality which I feel are missing in a strictly logical language.

• 1 month later...

Saluton! Mi studas 2 jaroj Esperanton. Mi uzis Lernu, sed gxi estis tro multe piedfeticxismoj; nun mi uzas nur la vortaron de Lernu.

(Sed mi havas cxi tiun ajxon, ke nomigxas "apotekstudoj"...)

Mi uzas Lernu kaj Duolingo. Ĉi tio estas mojosa etoso! Multaj samideanoj! Mi ne povas paroli esperanton bone sed mi provas lerni...... mi parolos pli bone kun tempo. (I hope this works, lol)

• 3 weeks later...
Siimo van der fietspad

Mia esperanto estas pli bone.  Mi iros al esperanto-konveno en mian urbon, kaj eksercizos tute la tagoj.  Mi pensas, ke Duolingo estas ne sufice lerni lingvon, pro ne havas sufice eksercizoj de paroli. Mi sxatas Duolingo, sed mi uzos aliaj methodoj por lerni la esperanton.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Siimo van der fietspad

Nur la vortaro.

• 1 month later...
Guest Falco Peregrinus

Saluton! (Is that even correct?!)

I'm currently learning Esperanto through Duolingo... I'm nowhere near even able to understand most of what's on this thread already lol :)

So glad I found this though! Excited to learn more of this language!

Archived