FORUM FOR OLDER ASEXUALS

Islander9

Yeah, getting old can be a royal pain sometimes, but it sure beats the alternative!

Yep. I'm still above ground looking down instead of below ground looking up. :D :D :D That in itself makes it a good day. :D :D :D

As for the Title of the forum page. Doesn't matter to me. I just think its a good idea to have it for those days I want to post something quick and easy without weeding thru tons of topics that haven't any relevance to me.

Then on other days I go surfing thru AVEN and answer everything in sight even if I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. :D :D :D The younger generation will just chalk my responses up to senility anyways. :D :D :D

Because in all reality, I don't have much of a clue as to giving advice to younger generation. They are experiencing things that just didn't exist when I was in school. The worst that could happen with peers was being called homo or being called out for a fist fight after school.

Now kids have to deal with knives, guns, bombs, drugs, sex, gangs, multiple dress codes for whatever group you belong to. Hey today kids are killed because they wear a color of clothing they shouldn't. That just didn't happen back then. We had bullies, but it was nothing like the hell that bullies put kids thru today.

So mostly all I can give is support and encouragement to the younger generation. I do that by leaps and bounds though because I have found that many young people don't get it from parents or teachers.

Whoops. I digress. :D :D :D

Another reason for old forum. Can't stay on topic anymore. :D :D :D

What was the topic? Again? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ziff

Hallucigenia
Hey today kids are killed because they wear a color of clothing they shouldn't.

They are? When did this happen???

I am so out of the loop. :shock:

mouth brooder

Hallu, maybe not in your neighborhood.

Compadres, I don't care what you call the forum for us--I will just be so happy to have it.

Y'all ever hear the saying, if I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself? I just can't imagine how much worse I would feel if I didn't take as good care as I did.

I'm dancing with the perimenopausal issue these days and this phase of my life is often relevent to my asexual orientation.

Nowadays if I miss a few days of aerobic activity, I feel so bad I really have to kick my own ass to get out there so I feel better again.

Hey today kids are killed because they wear a color of clothing they shouldn't.
They are? When did this happen???

I am so out of the loop.

Happens in cities with huge gang societies. Mostly kids know what they can and cannot wear and where they can and cannot go without getting involved with gangs, but sometimes the innocent are at the wrong place at the wrong time, wearing the wrong colors.

This kind of crime doesn't make national news much, just local news and even then many times back in the background of the news someplace.

Hallucigenia

Oh man. That sucks and I had no idea.

I live in a little university town, and we have crime and stuff, but not the kind of gangs that shoot you in the street.

One more reason to be thankful for living here I guess :shock:

Greybird - I like your second alternative.

I agree with you I don't it matters what it's called as long as it does it's job.

Hopefully won't be long now.

A young whippersnapper's .02 on forum naming. ;)

Why not plain old "Older Asexuals," which is how we've been describing it? All these carefully crafted euphemisms just seem overdone to me. I also like the word "elders." "Elders as Equals" if you're looking for something schmaltzy.

Regarding us older/elder/antique/"mature"/etc. AVENites---I think Bette Davis said it best.....

When she was asked, at the age of 80, how it felt to get old, she said, "It ain't for sissys!".

I'm so glad this forum is getting started............I've been waiting!!!!!!

Thank you! *insert 'Peace' sign*

Tikva

Okay well we can try 'Older Asexuals'.

Still waiting or it to technically be safe to create it.

"Regarding us older/elder/antique/"mature"/etc. AVENites---I think Bette Davis said it best.....

When she was asked, at the age of 80, how it felt to get old, she said, "It ain't for sissys!".

No shit! One thing that completely escaped me when I was younger, that I know now: you've got to be really tough to get old. I never appreciated that until I got there myself.

Update - whilst some of the technical problems have been rectified, other remain so playing it safe nad waiting until everything is fixed before creating it.

Elizabeth I

I think having a forum TITLED "Older Asexuals" is a good idea because I know there are a great many more asexual "boomers"out there than are represented by the poll results on this site. Many of us (especially men) have been extremely repressed by the great pre-AIDS sexual revolution.

One good reason to give it a title that includes "OLDER" is because someone who is older, new to the site and just browsing, will be able to find it easily.

There are a good many "younger" asexuals who relate well with us "oldies" and I anticipate their participation, so the forum TITLE should indicate that there ARE others of our age group here, but the forum shouldn't be described as being FOR old folks. It's more ABOUT us, but FOR everyone!

Lizzie

I don't mind being called "older". When it comes to AVEN, I am one of the older ones.

Older is good.

12 is older than 10, 22 is older than 12, 32 is older than 22, 42 is older than 32, etc, etc, etc.

So everyone is older than someone. :D :D :D

I am for the forum being totally open for comments by anyone of any age. Just keep the topics older oriented.

I also think it's a good place for a younger asexual to post a question about something they wish to get input from older asexuals.

There again, 52 is younger that 62 and 12 is younger than 32.

It's not so much about age as it's about content.

At least thats the way I see it.

I'm probably older than most of the multicellular organisms on planet earth (if you exclude plants) but, compared to the majority of the stuff that I can see outside my window, I'll be here and gone in the blink of an eye.

Sometimes I feel like I've barely even arrived.

(Note: This is often a symptom of caffeine deficiency! :D )

-GB

Elizabeth I
I'm probably older than most of the multicellular organisms on planet earth (if you exclude plants) but, compared to the majority of the stuff that I can see outside my window, I'll be here and gone in the blink of an eye

What a lovely sentiment!

Perhaps it's significant that I imagine you have a window with a magnificent view!

Lizzie

Calla_Lily

early 40's here. i'm single with no kids, so i have little in common with most people in my age bracket. people with kids seem to talk about little else. anyone else in the same situation?

Aventually

I'm confused on the idea of "middle-aged". I plan to live until I'm 127, so will I be middle-aged when I reach 63 and a half? HEY, that gives me 16 more years! I'm still young! :D --sorry, just ignore my senile ramblings.....

Well I certainly count among the "oldies" at 57...

Life's perspectives DO change with age (otherwise why bother growing up?).

roddy

Calla_Lily

right on Aventually! i always did say that a person cannot know when they're middle aged until they die. if one only lives to be '40', '20' was THEIR "middle age"!

society seems to place a stigma on the term middle aged....but i prefer to look at it this way: in the middle means i have a beginning from which i've learned and an end to look forward to using the wisdom i've gained so far. every stage of life offers a positive. the things given up with youth are replaced by wisdom, experience, lots of memories, and more acceptance of self (hopefully).

but i prefer to look at it this way: in the middle means i have a beginning from which i've learned and an end to look forward to using the wisdom i've gained so far. every stage of life offers a positive.

I could only wish,,,,,,,,,,,

BUT!

It seems that life is more a curve maybe even a circle.

You start life in diapers and end life in diapers.

You start life jabbering and end life jabbering.

You start life toothless and end life toothless.

Life sorta goes from:

Baby-Child-Young Adult-Adult-Middle Aged-Second Childhood-Baby Again.

• 4 months later...

Well, I certainly feel more comfortable here.

I am 58 and work around people in their early 20's and 30's all day; it seems to be a constant reminder of how much older I am and how fast time has gone by. The older I get the faster the time goes by.

They are nice, the ones that are 20 and 30's, but not much in common to say the least and there is something lacking in the communication. :?

Archived