Any AVENites with Body Modifications?

Silk Bones

Mods Poll  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Are you Interested in body modifications? (I.e. Learning about them and/or Dying hair unnatural colo(u)rs, piercings, tattoos, scarification, augmentation/implants etc.)

• Yes, I'm interested.
    • I'm interested in only learning about them.
    • I like dying my hair, but that's it. (natural and unnatural colors)
    • I think all body mods are cool/okay, but I wouldn't want any of my own.
    • I only like piercings.
    • I only like tattoos.
    • I only like body augmentation/scarification/implants.
    • No, I'm not interested.
    • I abstain from answering.
  2. 2. Do you have any of your own?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I used to.
  3. 3. For piercings, how many do/did you have?

• 1 - 5
    • 6 - 10
    • 11 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21+
    • I dislike piercings.
  4. 4. What type of ear piercing(s) do/did you have?

• Helix.
    • Forward Helix.
    • Industrial.
    • Snug.
    • Rook.
    • Inner/Outer Conch.
    • Orbital.
    • Tragus.
    • Anti-Tragus.
    • Upper/Standard Lobe.
    • Transverse Lobe.
    • Daith.
    • Aurical.
    • Dermal Punch.
    • Stretched lobes.
    • I do not have any.
    • I dislike piercings.
  5. 5. What type of nose piercing(s) do/did you have? (Having more than one of each piercing counts too)

• Septum/Erl/Earl etc.
    • Third Eye.
    • Nasallang.
    • Vertical Tip/Septril.
    • Austin Bar.
    • Rhino.
    • High Nostril.
    • Standard Nostril.
    • I do not have any.
    • I dislike piercings.
  6. 6. What type of oral/facial piercing(s) do/did you have?

• Lip ring(s). (This includes snake bites, spider bites, cyber bites, labrets, philtrums, madonnas, angel bites, etc.)
    • Tongue.(Tongue web/Marley, Venom bites, Snake Eyes, Multi-Tongue)
    • Cheek(s).
    • Smiley/Frown/Upper and or lower frenulum.
    • Dental.
    • Uvula.
    • Vampire/Upper Frenulum.
    • Gum.
    • Eyebrow(s). (Anti-Eyebrow, Teardrop, Crow's Feet, Horizontal, Butterfly Kiss, Standard, etc.)
    • I don't have any.
    • I dislike piercings.
  7. 7. What type of surface piercing(s) do/did you have? Any scarifications/augments/implants?

• Nape/Neck.
    • Back. (corset, dermals, etc.)
    • Upper torso. (Madison, sternum, Nipple, etc.)
    • Lower Torso. (Naval, Hip, etc.)
    • Arm(s). (Wrist dermals and such)
    • Anything below the torso.
    • I have scarifications/augments/implants.
    • I do not have scarifications/augments/implants.
    • I don't have any of these.
    • I dislike piercings.
  8. 8. Do you have any tattoos?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I dislike tattoos.
  9. 9. Where are your tattoos at?

• Head.
    • Neck.
    • Torso.
    • Arm(s).
    • Leg(s).
    • Foot/Feet.
    • Full Body.
    • I don't have tattoos.
    • I dislike tattoos.
  10. 10. What color/colour(s) have you dyed your hair?

• Red.
    • Orange.
    • Yellow.
    • Green.
    • Blue.
    • Purple/Violet.
    • Brown.
    • Blonde.
    • Black.
    • White.
    • Multicolor/all colors listed/a color not listed.
    • I don't dye my hair.
    • I dislike dyed hair.

5 hours ago, Peinture Paix said:

Blue and teal mixed with black is a great touch though! By any given chance, is it also inspired by Ulquiorra Cifer?

Nah, I just really like the colors :D. The first time I dyed it blue-black it was my aunt's idea. It looked really blue in the sunlight and looked so cool.

I feel I haven't had much and I plan to get a lot more so

In total I've had 13 piercings in the past but currently only have 10

- 6 piercings in the lobes (3 in each)

- 1 helix piercing

- 2 upper body piercings

- 1 standard nose piercing

- 3 mouth piercings (smiley, frowny, tongue frenulum) these are removed now

I only have 6 tattoos currently

- 2 on my left arm

- 1 on my right arm

- 1 on my upper ribs

- 1 on my sternum

- 1 on my left leg 

I used to dye my hair a lot it's naturally dark brown but I used to dye it black and then switch and dye it white and it was a cycle of back and forth between the 2 :S I think I had lilac and peach in my hair once but it never lasted long

@Mae__ A lovely being for sharing. ~

Image result for L cake

Biblioromantic

I have naturally medium brown hair, and I used to dye over my grays with something very similar to my natural color in my early thirties. I've given that up now. I really love seeing photos and videos of girls with rainbow and/or mermaid hair, though. I've played with the idea recently of doing something fun and funky with hair dye now that I don't have a ridiculously strict dress code at work, but I know I'll be looking for a new job shortly, and I don't want that to get in the way of being hired.

I have two standard lobe ear piercings I got when I was 12. For a while, I was suffering from chronic migraines, and I seriously considered daith piercings, but the migraines eventually were resolved without the piercings. If they hadn't, I would definitely be rocking some daiths by now just for medical reasons. I did and would have done pretty much anything to get the migraines to stop. I don't see myself even considering any other piercings anytime soon.

I would really like to get a tattoo one day. I would definitely be something very meaningful, beautiful, and personal, and nothing too large in scale, but I haven't really decided on the specifics. I'm thinking I'll probably have it on a shoulder blade, since that's pretty universally covered while I'd be at work without too much fuss, but it would be easily uncovered after working hours whenever I'd like to show it off.

@Biblioromantic In no way do I mean this in an insulting way. I'm actually being positive about the situation, but hooray for the greys! I don't have grey hairs yet (although there is one tiny and confusingly shiny strand that came about due to intense stress), but I've always been one to be on the side of letting them grow when they show up. Although one's hair color is starting to fade, it will never mean that the color of one's heart and soul goes along with it. That stays if one so chooses to have it around.~ As for wanting unnatural hair colors, and the possibility of the new job not being okay with it, I'd check in with once-found facility and find out what their policy is on their dress codes. I'm certain you already know this, so I'm saying this as a way to reassure that there could be a lucky chance. 😅

It's great to see you no longer deal with chronic migraines. ^_^ I never knew that daith piercings can help with them though. If that's the case, I ought to keep that knowledge in mind for future references.

I'm hoping that when you finally come up with your tattoo design, it will result into something as beautiful and close to the heart as you imagine it to be. To be comfortable in one's skin is liberating, especially so if there happens to be something one would want to show off, haha. :D Thank you for sharing; two cakes in gratitude. :cake: 

Spoiler

Image result for Bookshelf cakeRelated image

• 3 weeks later...

Well...I didn't even last a full month, much less until my next milestone birthday...what can I say? The thought kept circling the back of my mind:

"Get them pierced! Get them pierced! Get them pierced!"

Yesterday I was feeling impulsive, so now this is the result (see spoiler).

Spoiler

36380485_2521493141201495_83102273250441

Silk Bones

@Dark Heart Even though it wasn't on your birthday, I'm hoping you like your new piercing. It looks really great! 😁 Cake to celebrate.~

Related image

I've got 3 piercings in each ear (2 lobe and tragus in right/2 lobe and helix in left), nose and lip ring. I think I'll get more in my ears eventually.

I have 3 tattoos, one on my foot and one on each inner forearm (I don't know how to add pictures). I would definitely like more.

My only problem is that I give blood and I have to wait 4 months after a piercing or tattoo before I can give blood again. Being a woman I can only give every 4 months anyway. Makes timings difficult. 😑

Silk Bones

@Glados Awesome piercings. Helix piercings really do seem to be quite popular (at least here). I think that's really cool. :lol: If you're ever wanting to post pictures for a thread, you go to "insert other media" on the lower right corner > "Insert image from URL" > and paste the photo URL from there. ^_^ As for the waiting period, although it's time consuming to wait, it at least gives you more time to think of other kinds of tattoo ideas! By the way, my upmost respects to you for donating blood. Thank you for sharing too! If you ever decide that you'd still like to share pictures of your tattoos and/or piercings, you're more than welcome to come back and post! Here's a cake.~

Image result for cloud cake

Yatagarasu

I have one tattoo on my left wrist, four ear lobe piercings and I've dyed my hair since 2010 iirc.

Silk Bones

@Yatagarasu I couldn't find a proper cake, so maybe art will suffice. Either way, here's a gift for sharing.~

Image result for three legged crow cake

J. van Deijck

so, since I discovered that three of my ear piercings finally healed well, I bought lots of fancy earrings so I can wear them now :D

Yatagarasu

@Peinture Paix wooah ~ this is perfect ~ :D

Silk Bones

@[noize:injekktion] Hooray for your ear piercings finally healing! I hope the new jewelry will fit well to your liking. ^_^

J. van Deijck
14 hours ago, Peinture Paix said:

@[noize:injekktion] Hooray for your ear piercings finally healing! I hope the new jewelry will fit well to your liking. ^_^

Yay! I gladly wear crosses in my ears now :D

tomorrow I will get two piercings. a brand new one in my right ear and reopening of a closed hole in my left ear. hopefully I won't get any complications this time :D

Dark Heart

@[noize:injekktion], I'm glad that your current piercings are doing well. I will keep my fingers crossed for the new ones! 😊 *crosses fingers*

I get my new tattoo today!

Dark Heart

@Phoenix09 😊🍰🎉

You are braver than I am at the moment. Will you post pictures once things heal?

1 hour ago, Dark Heart said:

@Phoenix09 😊🍰🎉

You are braver than I am at the moment. Will you post pictures once things heal?

How so?

Honestly, I’ll probably post pics at the end of the day :) 

Dark Heart
1 minute ago, Phoenix09 said:

How so?

While I do eventually want a tattoo, I haven't reached the point where I think I could handle the pain involved in the process. I have a low pain tolerance.

I'm also not a big fan of needles.

25 minutes ago, Dark Heart said:

While I do eventually want a tattoo, I haven't reached the point where I think I could handle the pain involved in the process. I have a low pain tolerance.

I'm also not a big fan of needles.

Understandable, but I find the pain worth it :) I’m not a huge fan of needles either actually 😜

Silk Bones
8 hours ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

Yay! I gladly wear crosses in my ears now :D

tomorrow I will get two piercings. a brand new one in my right ear and reopening of a closed hole in my left ear. hopefully I won't get any complications this time :D

Oh my goodness, you're getting quite a lot of progress done, I'm really happy for you! :lol: Seriously, congratulations!! Here's to new piercings, both new and old. May your healing journey be a smooth one for you love, Here's some art to celebrate.~

Image result for Cyber goth artImage result for Cyber goth art

@Phoenix09 Awesome! I hope your tattoo will come out just the way you hoped for! :D Cupcakes to celebrate. :cake: 

Image result for Nu goth cake

Everyone... I am so freaking stoked about this tattoo!!! It’s not done yet, but it is so epic!! (Pictures in a few hours...) 

@Phoenix09 Really awesome tattoo! :lol: 

I used to have two piercings on both my lobes, but one of the studs kept falling out and the hole closed up. I do have a frowny piercing, but would like a few more (labret or vertical labret, considering nose stud, hip dermals). My hair right now is light magenta with purple undertones. I'm going to have to dye it a dark purple (almost black) color though because my job suddenly decided it's "not ok" to have my hair said color, despite them not pitching a fit for the first 2 months I've had it dyed 😕 I've got a memorial lung cancer ribbon/butterfly tattoo on my shoulder dedicated to my grandma who passed away from lung cancer around when I was 12-13 years old. I was extremely close to her (not to mention ALL my grandparents, all of whom died in their 80s/90s, died from smoking related issues, even though they all quit smoking YEARS before they died). 

I plan to get mehindi style (India's version of Henna) tattoos up both my legs (from my feet up to below my knees, both legs) to honor my Indian ancestors. I'm planning a back piece as well (preferably black angel wings). I'm wanting to get a portrait (neotraditional) of one of my dogs as well :) I also plan to get different awareness ribbons for different issues I have as a sleeve on the same arm that has the lung cancer ribbon tattoo already on it.

@Kumoku Nice piercing choices! Hip dermals and labrets are really lovely. At one point I was considering hip dermals myself, or maybe just a regular industrial bar rather than the implants. The job policy switching up on you about dress code isn't very enjoyable though (I've been there a few times myself). It's unfortunate too since the colors you picked are really lovely! Maybe there could be some form of compromise for it? There was a point years back where I was a bit stubborn and instead of dying my hair darker colors, I decided to wear a wig, haha. It could definitely save one the hassle of re-dying hair, especially if it was recently just dyed, but that can vary as well. 

As for your tattoo, it sounds very beautiful. I'm incredibly sorry for your loss though.. although she's gone, she will always live on in memory. The moments you shared and the strong bond you built with her is a strong foundation. There's not a thing that can break between that as a form of remembrance. ^_^ It's quite ironic though, those who've quit smoking and die from smoking related issues end up having a different outcome from those who continued to smoke and have not died from said issues. Perhaps it could be a form of reliance on the habit that some how stabilizes it? As for the tattoos you're planning on getting, they all sound like really great ideas! It's wonderful to see that your tattoos thus far are very centric to a deeper meaning behind it's ink. :D

With that being said, I really hope the best for you on your piercing and tattoo journey. Hopefully work won't give you too many problems, and that if you do go through with dying your hair, the color will still be one that you can be happy with. There will always be restraints to creativity when it comes to responsibilities but as long as you know you still have it within yourself, nothing could ever fully remove the free spirit within yourself. Stay strong and thank you for sharing. Something to celebrate the plans ahead. :cake: 

Related imageRelated image

J. van Deijck

@Peinture Paix this is the perfect art ❤️ thank you! :3

I got my ears pierced today, in my neighbour's room. my right ear is okay, my left ear still aches, but I'm doing well. :3 I'll try to post pics later.

A picture of the original tattoo design that I want:

Spoiler

37148043_2555058987844910_32794747633611

Still haven't decided on a location...any suggestions?

@Dark Heart How about on the thigh?

Archived