Any AVENites with Body Modifications?

Silk Bones

Mods Poll  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Are you Interested in body modifications? (I.e. Learning about them and/or Dying hair unnatural colo(u)rs, piercings, tattoos, scarification, augmentation/implants etc.)

• Yes, I'm interested.
    • I'm interested in only learning about them.
    • I like dying my hair, but that's it. (natural and unnatural colors)
    • I think all body mods are cool/okay, but I wouldn't want any of my own.
    • I only like piercings.
    • I only like tattoos.
    • I only like body augmentation/scarification/implants.
    • No, I'm not interested.
    • I abstain from answering.
  2. 2. Do you have any of your own?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I used to.
  3. 3. For piercings, how many do/did you have?

• 1 - 5
    • 6 - 10
    • 11 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21+
    • I dislike piercings.
  4. 4. What type of ear piercing(s) do/did you have?

• Helix.
    • Forward Helix.
    • Industrial.
    • Snug.
    • Rook.
    • Inner/Outer Conch.
    • Orbital.
    • Tragus.
    • Anti-Tragus.
    • Upper/Standard Lobe.
    • Transverse Lobe.
    • Daith.
    • Aurical.
    • Dermal Punch.
    • Stretched lobes.
    • I do not have any.
    • I dislike piercings.
  5. 5. What type of nose piercing(s) do/did you have? (Having more than one of each piercing counts too)

• Septum/Erl/Earl etc.
    • Third Eye.
    • Nasallang.
    • Vertical Tip/Septril.
    • Austin Bar.
    • Rhino.
    • High Nostril.
    • Standard Nostril.
    • I do not have any.
    • I dislike piercings.
  6. 6. What type of oral/facial piercing(s) do/did you have?

• Lip ring(s). (This includes snake bites, spider bites, cyber bites, labrets, philtrums, madonnas, angel bites, etc.)
    • Tongue.(Tongue web/Marley, Venom bites, Snake Eyes, Multi-Tongue)
    • Cheek(s).
    • Smiley/Frown/Upper and or lower frenulum.
    • Dental.
    • Uvula.
    • Vampire/Upper Frenulum.
    • Gum.
    • Eyebrow(s). (Anti-Eyebrow, Teardrop, Crow's Feet, Horizontal, Butterfly Kiss, Standard, etc.)
    • I don't have any.
    • I dislike piercings.
  7. 7. What type of surface piercing(s) do/did you have? Any scarifications/augments/implants?

• Nape/Neck.
    • Back. (corset, dermals, etc.)
    • Upper torso. (Madison, sternum, Nipple, etc.)
    • Lower Torso. (Naval, Hip, etc.)
    • Arm(s). (Wrist dermals and such)
    • Anything below the torso.
    • I have scarifications/augments/implants.
    • I do not have scarifications/augments/implants.
    • I don't have any of these.
    • I dislike piercings.
  8. 8. Do you have any tattoos?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I dislike tattoos.
  9. 9. Where are your tattoos at?

• Head.
    • Neck.
    • Torso.
    • Arm(s).
    • Leg(s).
    • Foot/Feet.
    • Full Body.
    • I don't have tattoos.
    • I dislike tattoos.
  10. 10. What color/colour(s) have you dyed your hair?

• Red.
    • Orange.
    • Yellow.
    • Green.
    • Blue.
    • Purple/Violet.
    • Brown.
    • Blonde.
    • Black.
    • White.
    • Multicolor/all colors listed/a color not listed.
    • I don't dye my hair.
    • I dislike dyed hair.

Silk Bones

@Deus Ex Infinity Neat! ^_^ What kind of piercing and tattoo design were you thinking about getting?

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
16 hours ago, Peinture Paix said:

@Deus Ex Infinity Neat! ^_^ What kind of piercing and tattoo design were you thinking about getting?

Nothing special really.  It's an ordinary ring ball piercing. 

tmbcrh.jpg

As for the tattoo, I'd like to get some sort of wolf tribal :D

Beautiful-Tribal-Wolf-Head-With-Stars-TaWolf-Tribal-Tattoos.jpg

I FINALLY got my first tattoo a few months ago! Got this little guy on my arm. Just a small one to see if I can stand the pain. Since I did, a bigger one is coming in a few months. 

Silk Bones

@Deus Ex Infinity Ooo, the captive bead ring and tribal tattoos, they're going to look really great on you! :D (awesome choice on the wolf too, by the way.) Cheers to the future mods! :cake: (P.S. I tried my best to find a dystopian-esque cake, but I couldn't find much, so I hope a regular picture will suffice.)

Image result for Dystopian cake Image result for Dystopian punk

@Kelpie Haha! I love that. :lol: I haven't seen something like that as a tattoo before, so it's definitely unique. Congratulations on bearing the pain,and here's to the tattoos in the near future. Cake to celebrate! :cake:  

Image result for Fox cake with roses

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
6 hours ago, Peinture Paix said:

@Deus Ex Infinity Ooo, the captive bead ring and tribal tattoos, they're going to look really great on you! :D (awesome choice on the wolf too, by the way.) Cheers to the future mods! :cake: (P.S. I tried my best to find a dystopian-esque cake, but I couldn't find much, so I hope a regular picture will suffice.)

Image result for Dystopian cake Image result for Dystopian punk

@Kelpie Haha! I love that. :lol: I haven't seen something like that as a tattoo before, so it's definitely unique. Congratulations on bearing the pain,and here's to the tattoos in the near future. Cake to celebrate! :cake:  

Image result for Fox cake with roses

Thank you! That fox cake looks so amazing. Just like the perfect irrisitible birthday gift to a cozy little furry heart 😍

I have a single piercing on the top of my right ear. I got it for a fairly petty reason: Growing up everybody knew I was a good Christian girl. Long hair, skirts, quiet-but-sweet.

I'm still all of those things, because I'm an introvert who likes long hair and skirts. But the uber fundamentalists back home won't want to marry the kind of "loose" girl who would get a third piercing. Gasp.

Silk Bones

@Grimalkin So, if I'm understanding this correctly, you got the piercing because you wanted to keep those away who believe that someone with more than two piercings is loose? Apologies if I misinterpreted the reasoning. 

6 hours ago, Peinture Paix said:

@Grimalkin So, if I'm understanding this correctly, you got the piercing because you wanted to keep those away who believe that someone with more than two piercings is loose? Apologies if I misinterpreted the reasoning. 

You got it! Mostly for fun, mind you. But there were a lot of hardcore fundamentalists back home who believed that "Godly women" should be "perfect and unblemished." I think it's finally getting through their head that I'm an unsuitable marriage candidate.

Silk Bones
3 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

You got it! Mostly for fun, mind you. But there were a lot of hardcore fundamentalists back home who believed that "Godly women" should be "perfect and unblemished." I think it's finally getting through their head that I'm an unsuitable marriage candidate.

Haha, an interesting reasoning. I like it! :D Unfortunate as it is that there are some who still have such a view on women, I'm glad to see you're refusing to live up to those standards! Cakes and cupcakes for sharing.~

Image result for pond cakeImage result for lantern cake

Silk Bones

A quick side note: I'm really, really enjoying these stories on how body mods and the like are viewed in the community of others and one's personal thoughts on them! They're really insightful. Thank you to everyone who has shared recently and have shared in the past. ^_^ 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@Zosia Living in your area and wanting/having tattoos sounds a bit tedious. From your account, what some of the locals there say and think about it is a little silly, though I can see what about tattoos would make then think that, haha :lol: (I disagree of course, but it's good to see both sides of an opinion). Small and hidden is typically the way to go when you're in that situation, especially when you move to your next destination. I already do some what of the same with my piercings when around proper company. I've seen people with hand and wrist tattoos cover them with tattoo make up, or regular make up, and even bracelets (Though the bracelet can vary on whether one's job allows it). I'm personally not too knowledgeable on white tattoos, but I'm very certain that it can cover up easily with make up. So those are a couple ways to keep them covered if you ever decide to go for it! They do tend to fade quicker, so it can require some maintenance on retaining it's pigment, but if you still feel you want to get one some day, don't let it stop you!

As for the sternum tattoo, pain tolerance varies from person to person. There's no denying that one can experience at least a slight twinge of pain, but it's something people still seem to want to go through for the sake of having the ink.~ I'd suggest that if you're really concerned about the pain, discuss it with an artist that you want to work with and ask for a dry run (terminology varies on region). Some artists are heavy-handed (as in they put on a little more pressure than average when working on a piece) and some are light-handed. If you feel that the kind of pressure they put will be an issue, be sure to let them know and they will work with you in any way they can to make sure you're 100% comfortable and at ease for your session. A tattoo artist is okay with doing dry runs for those who have not had a tattoo done before. This can help you get an idea on how it will be like when they work on you, and how you will handle the pain. Just remember to eat full meals, get lots of rest, and drink plenty of water before your sessions, and you'll be fine! It's almost like getting blood work done, just that you're not giving your blood away. :D 

On to what people say about sternum tattoos... The negative comments about the tattoo is about the same thing as what was said for lower back tattoos, or the slang name it's typically known as, the "tramp stamp." What makes a tattoo placement is how others perceive it. How one perceives it should not ever dictate the drive to have it done if someone likes it. What only matters is how you see it. What view you have on it is what it becomes because it's you who has it, not other people. It's your body, and your call on how you define yourself and what you do with your person (body). The septum piercing used to be considered one of the "ugliest" piercings ever, and people who had it were relentlessly criticized, but now almost everyone these days (who are into piercings and stuff) have it and it's widely accepted in the media too. Maybe some day those who are against the tattoo will come around and learn to accept or maybe even like it. For now though, do not let what others think or say have a hold on your life decisions. Life is too short and fragile to bother letting negativity run how you live it. Do what you love, and do it with confidence. ^_^ Regardless on whether you decide to get the types of tattoos you want, thank you for sharing. Cheers to the possible future tattoos. Here's a cake, and good luck. 

Related imageRelated image Related image

Dark Heart

I currently only have two sets of piercings, both in my ears: the traditional lobe piercing and a helix piercing. The first I had done when I was in my teens; the second came shortly after I turned twenty-one. Growing up, there were a few different body modifications that I considered (piercings, tattoos, dying my hair, etc.), but when you have a mother as strict as mine, all of that goes out the window. I was allowed the first set of piercings when I was old enough to take care of them myself. I got the second set when my parents could no longer stop me.

My mother doesn't understand quite a few of my fashion choices (black or dark lipstick, black nails, goth clothing, the helix piercings). My only answer for her is this is how I want to express myself, these choices make me happy, and I'm not hurting anyone. My future modifications no doubt won't make her happy either.

I'm thinking about getting a secondary lobe piercing in each ear, but I'm going to wait until my next milestone birthday before I do. It's a recently discovered desire, not anything pressing.

I also want two tattoos, both on my legs so that they are easily hidden with either pants or tights.

Design Ideas:

• A lotus flower (which symbolizes rebirth) bracketed by scroll work, incorporating the Ace Pride colors - a reminder that I have found and accepted myself
    • Located a few inches above my ankle
    • The scroll work will form an anklet
    • The lotus flower being the focal point on the backside of my leg
Spoiler

wFMuO.png     buddhism-s-vector-ornamental-silhouette-     wFMuO.png

• An original design that I came up with that is based off of my initials
    • Haven't decided on placement yet (may end up not on my leg)

Before I can get either of them, I have to decide that I'm willing to go through the pain (I have a rather low pain tolerance).

3 hours ago, Dark Heart said:

Growing up, there were a few different body modifications that I considered (piercings, tattoos, dying my hair, etc.), but when you have a mother as strict as mine, all of that goes out the window. I was allowed the first set of piercings when I was old enough to take care of them myself. I got the second set when my parents could no longer stop me.

My mother doesn't understand quite a few of my fashion choices (black or dark lipstick, black nails, goth clothing, the helix piercings). My only answer for her is this is how I want to express myself, these choices make me happy, and I'm not hurting anyone. My future modifications no doubt won't make her happy either.

I know where you're coming from on the mother issue. My mom used to be a bit of the same as yours. It took a lot of arguing and shout matches just to get her to consider learning even the slightest bit about my style and reasons for doing things. Though I realized more over the years that it wasn't so much about her disapproving of what choices I make, but her losing what sense of control she did have over me and her will to keep things the same and normal in her standards at all times. So instead of trying to approach the situation with some form of open mind, she lashed out and allowed her emotions to do the work for her (anger and fighting first, reasoning later). To this day, she still struggles to re-evaluate how she handles any situation that has to do with drastic changes, and she refuses to even bother trying to, but I still love and care for her, even when she's against my choices. :P

Another Helix piercing! Right on.~ Hm, maybe I should put up a poll some time just to see which piercings and tattoos are most common these days. Your future modifications seem really cool too! You've got awesome tattoo ideas there (nice choice on the swirl decals too). I bet they'll both look really awesome.:lol: As far as pain tolerance goes, a way to waiver the pain a little is distraction. I have a high tolerance, but I do have my moments where I know I'll feel the pain more if I focus on it. So usually what I do, aside from following the usual procedure with taking deep breaths and relaxing my muscles, is I try to acknowledge the environment around me and report it back to my mind. In example, if the place I'm at has pictures on the walls, music playing, decorative trinkets, etc., I look at the objects and repeat back to myself how they look like, what colors are there, what the subject of it is, or if it's music, what instruments I hear, how fast the song is playing, things of that nature. Your artist will want to talk with you and get to know you and what your life is like as well, just to ease the tension. So that can also really help with tolerating the pain. 

I mentioned this in my previous reply, and I think you also saw, but I'd like to quote what I said to give you more options on how to handle the pain a little better. 

4 hours ago, Peinture Paix said:

I'd suggest that if you're really concerned about the pain, discuss it with an artist that you want to work with and ask for a dry run (terminology varies on region). Some artists are heavy-handed (as in they put on a little more pressure than average when working on a piece) and some are light-handed. If you feel that the kind of pressure they put will be an issue, be sure to let them know and they will work with you in any way they can to make sure you're 100% comfortable and at ease for your session. A tattoo artist is okay with doing dry runs for those who have not had a tattoo done before. This can help you get an idea on how it will be like when they work on you, and how you will handle the pain. Just remember to eat full meals, get lots of rest, and drink plenty of water before your sessions, and you'll be fine! It's almost like getting blood work done, just that you're not giving your blood away. :D 

Hopefully my methods and the general answer will serve helpful for you if you decide that you'd like to try to get your tattoos! Of course, research can also really help too, I just wanted to throw what knowledge I have to help you out. ^_^ On that note, thank you for sharing! I wish you all the best on your possible tattoo and piercing journey in the future, and Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you'll have a grand time for the next milestone to come. Here's a cake to celebrate. :cake:

Related image

Thank you! (I love that the cake you chose includes purple - my favorite color.)

I've done a little research on the tattoo front. I originally wanted the lotus flower/scrollwork tattoo on my right wrist, but that is one of the most painful places to get it because it is so near the joint. Even if I did ask for that location, a tattoo artist would probably refuse due to the fact that my bones as well as my veins are rather close to the surface in that spot.

I also changed my mind because I now have a scar there from surgery I had done at the end of last year.

When I do get the tattoos done (it will at least a year from now), I'm going to have my sister there - for moral support and distraction. She has two tattoos of her own, so she knows what is involved.

@Dark Heart Glad you like it! I try to give cakes to people according to their presence. If I can't tell, I just try going with something pretty. 😅

I can understand, luckily there's still plenty more of free space to choose from. :lol: I hope you've fully recovered from the surgery though!

Aww, that would be very sweet to have her there for you if she can make it. Having someone, with a positive force, be there with you is really reassuring. From the sounds of it, it seems like you won't have anything to worry about at all! You've got your sister there for you, after all.~

Hick Wizard

I have had two piercings, my eyebrow and a labret piercing. I have one tattoo, it is the Crobra emblem from GI Joe on the underside of my forearm. 

@Hick Wizard Nice (retired) piercings! Your tattoo is really great too. I kind of miss GI Joe, though I know that the comics are still around. I guess I ought to look for some in the future. :lol: Did you grow up reading them?

In reference to the movie, "Destro, you're out of the band!" Thanks for sharing, here's some cake. :cake: 

Image result for cobra gi joe cake

Hick Wizard
2 minutes ago, Peinture Paix said:

@Hick Wizard Nice (retired) piercings! Your tattoo is really great too. I kind of miss GI Joe, though I know that the comics are still around. I guess I ought to look for some in the future. :lol: Did you grow up reading them?

In reference to the movie, "Destro, you're out of the band!" Thanks for sharing, here's some cake. :cake: 

Image result for cobra gi joe cake

I have never read the comics, but I loved the show when I was a kid. I always had a soft spot in my heart for the Cobra Commander. Now that was a guy who really needed a win.... Even though he was the bad guy lol.

4 minutes ago, Hick Wizard said:

I have never read the comics, but I loved the show when I was a kid. I always had a soft spot in my heart for the Cobra Commander. Now that was a guy who really needed a win.... Even though he was the bad guy lol.

Yeah I liked the shows too. I think I kind of prefer watching the shows of a series over reading the books. Haha! Agreed. Even the bad guys need to win every now and then. :D 

Hick Wizard
1 minute ago, Peinture Paix said:

Yeah I liked the shows too. I think I kind of prefer watching the shows of a series over reading the books. Haha! Agreed. Even the bad guys need to win every now and then. :D 

If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest the animated movie GI Joe Resolute. It came out around the same time as the first live action movie, and is way better. 

3 minutes ago, Hick Wizard said:

If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest the animated movie GI Joe Resolute. It came out around the same time as the first live action movie, and is way better. 

Is that so? I'll try to watching it tomorrow then if I can find it. Thanks for the recommendation. ^_^ 

Just dyed hair. I did get standard ear lobe piercings when I was a toddler, but I've never liked wearing earrings. I've attempted to dye my hair red but it came out pinkish-orange, and I kept it like that for a few months because it still looked cool. I've also dyed my hair blue and have been dying it black for a few years now. Sometimes when I dye it black I'll also give it a blue or teal tint.

J. van Deijck

yay now I can finally answer with a poll! :D

1. Are you Interested in body modifications?
Yes, but not in all.
2. Do you have any of your own?
Yes.
3. For piercings, how many do/did you have?
8 in summary. 😮
4. What type of ear piercing(s) do/did you have?
Standard lobe, upper lobe and 4 cartillages (helix?) in my left ear, and standard lobe in my right ear.
5. What type of nose piercing(s) do/did you have?
I don't have any.
6. What type of oral/facial piercing(s) do/did you have?
One lip ring. I hope to turn it into snake bites this month, and maybe I will add one more.
7. What type of surface piercing(s) do/did you have? Any scarifications/augments/implants?
I don't have any and it's the only type of modifications that I don't like.
8. Do you have any tattoos?
Not yet, but I still have plans.
9. Where are your tattoos at?
N/A until I finally do it.
10. What color/colour(s) have you dyed your hair?
In the past I had red, orange, and purple. Now I have black, green and blue.

interested yeah, but only have a tongue piercing cause I don't like most things on myself
no tattoos. I'd like to have one or two but I'd change my mind about which I want every few weeks so not a good idea
my hair has been dyed green, purple, brown and blonde (and back to black)

Ms. Carolynne

I don't have any, but have considered some piercings and hair dye. I'm not sure I want any tattoos though.

Some piercings I would get, at least in theory, would be a double helix with rings, lobes with studs, a nose stud, and maybe eyebrow piercings with barbells. I'm thinking I'd just do them on one side (or maybe have some on one side, some on the other), probably my left.

I'd like to dye my hair black, or perhaps purple. Only issue is I suffer from early onset male pattern baldness, and my hairline is receding.

I dislike most tattoos, generally I lean towards smaller tattoos as far as what I find aesthetically appealing. I do not like sleeves or tribal tattoos. The worst thing IMO is when they fade and discolor, or someone has a lot of body hair grown over it.

I might get something on my left shoulder that'd be a personal symbol. Something small, and relatively discreet.

My biggest concern socially would be that I live in a conservative area, and such things are considered unprofessional and overall frowned upon. One is highly discouraged from having these, and the consensus is that it makes you an unappealing job candidate and the like. You can get away with some stuff though, a discreet tattoo and basic ear piercings won't ruffle feathers, but too many modifications make one a pariah.

But I don't know if I'm all too concerned, times are changing and even here body modifications are becoming normalized. Plus the archconservatism is kind of thinning out around these parts, at least among younger demographics.

Besides, I'm none too concerned about pleasing everyone. The people around here are generally self-righteous assholes, I can reciprocate by not giving a fuck; I'm asexual, it's in my nature ;)

15 hours ago, Gloomy said:

Just dyed hair. I did get standard ear lobe piercings when I was a toddler, but I've never liked wearing earrings. I've attempted to dye my hair red but it came out pinkish-orange, and I kept it like that for a few months because it still looked cool. I've also dyed my hair blue and have been dying it black for a few years now. Sometimes when I dye it black I'll also give it a blue or teal tint.

Those colors are really neat. I've wanted to dye my hair a red at one point too but I decided against it since I felt it wouldn't look right on me. 😅 Blue and teal mixed with black is a great touch though! By any given chance, is it also inspired by Ulquiorra Cifer? I couldn't find a proper cake of him, so here's a picture instead. :D 

Spoiler

Image result for Ulquiorra Cifer

9 hours ago, fiѕh said:

no tattoos. I'd like to have one or two but I'd change my mind about which I want every few weeks so not a good idea
my hair has been dyed green, purple, brown and blonde (and back to black)

For that reason, I've been holding off on some tattoo ideas too. It'd be nice to finally make a decision though, haha. Really cool color choices by the way. ^_^ Cake for sharing. :cake: 

Spoiler

Image result for Fish pond cake

@Toads Completely understandable! I respect your stance on it. Here's a cake for sharing. :cake: 

Spoiler

Image result for COokie cake

@G1P0 Your piercing choices sound really cool, as well as what you'd want your tattoo to be like. As a side note as well, I respect your true feelings on tattoos in general. ^_^ I used to live in an area where any form of body modifications is unacceptable and an immediate turn down for potential new hires, so I can see how it may be like for you. Whether you decide to get the modifications you want or not, I hope you'll always find the opportunities to be yourself! (nice pun by the way haha :lol:)

Cake for sharing! :cake: 

Spoiler

Image result for fire emblem cake

I have only one tattoo, but I plan on getting more of them and have lots of ideas (maybe only one or two of them are good). it's a lettering in my left forearm that says "Art of life", for the song by X Japan, it's a message to myself, a reminder to keep on living, even if it is bad sometimes. It's also to remind me to be more open with people and be more in touch with my feelings instead of just burying them.

@Akito That sounds like a really lovely tattoo ^_^ It also has a beautiful meaning behind it. I like the types of tattoos that are meant for motivational purposes. A lot of them tend to really make a difference for the people who get them. It's wonderful that your tattoo is giving you this kind of purpose. Stay strong.

Cake for sharing. :cake: (in the most ironic way possible)

Image result for Pop Team Epic cake

Archived