Any AVENites with Body Modifications?

Silk Bones

Mods Poll  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Are you Interested in body modifications? (I.e. Learning about them and/or Dying hair unnatural colo(u)rs, piercings, tattoos, scarification, augmentation/implants etc.)

• Yes, I'm interested.
    • I'm interested in only learning about them.
    • I like dying my hair, but that's it. (natural and unnatural colors)
    • I think all body mods are cool/okay, but I wouldn't want any of my own.
    • I only like piercings.
    • I only like tattoos.
    • I only like body augmentation/scarification/implants.
    • No, I'm not interested.
    • I abstain from answering.
  2. 2. Do you have any of your own?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I used to.
  3. 3. For piercings, how many do/did you have?

• 1 - 5
    • 6 - 10
    • 11 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21+
    • I dislike piercings.
  4. 4. What type of ear piercing(s) do/did you have?

• Helix.
    • Forward Helix.
    • Industrial.
    • Snug.
    • Rook.
    • Inner/Outer Conch.
    • Orbital.
    • Tragus.
    • Anti-Tragus.
    • Upper/Standard Lobe.
    • Transverse Lobe.
    • Daith.
    • Aurical.
    • Dermal Punch.
    • Stretched lobes.
    • I do not have any.
    • I dislike piercings.
  5. 5. What type of nose piercing(s) do/did you have? (Having more than one of each piercing counts too)

• Septum/Erl/Earl etc.
    • Third Eye.
    • Nasallang.
    • Vertical Tip/Septril.
    • Austin Bar.
    • Rhino.
    • High Nostril.
    • Standard Nostril.
    • I do not have any.
    • I dislike piercings.
  6. 6. What type of oral/facial piercing(s) do/did you have?

• Lip ring(s). (This includes snake bites, spider bites, cyber bites, labrets, philtrums, madonnas, angel bites, etc.)
    • Tongue.(Tongue web/Marley, Venom bites, Snake Eyes, Multi-Tongue)
    • Cheek(s).
    • Smiley/Frown/Upper and or lower frenulum.
    • Dental.
    • Uvula.
    • Vampire/Upper Frenulum.
    • Gum.
    • Eyebrow(s). (Anti-Eyebrow, Teardrop, Crow's Feet, Horizontal, Butterfly Kiss, Standard, etc.)
    • I don't have any.
    • I dislike piercings.
  7. 7. What type of surface piercing(s) do/did you have? Any scarifications/augments/implants?

• Nape/Neck.
    • Back. (corset, dermals, etc.)
    • Upper torso. (Madison, sternum, Nipple, etc.)
    • Lower Torso. (Naval, Hip, etc.)
    • Arm(s). (Wrist dermals and such)
    • Anything below the torso.
    • I have scarifications/augments/implants.
    • I do not have scarifications/augments/implants.
    • I don't have any of these.
    • I dislike piercings.
  8. 8. Do you have any tattoos?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I dislike tattoos.
  9. 9. Where are your tattoos at?

• Head.
    • Neck.
    • Torso.
    • Arm(s).
    • Leg(s).
    • Foot/Feet.
    • Full Body.
    • I don't have tattoos.
    • I dislike tattoos.
  10. 10. What color/colour(s) have you dyed your hair?

• Red.
    • Orange.
    • Yellow.
    • Green.
    • Blue.
    • Purple/Violet.
    • Brown.
    • Blonde.
    • Black.
    • White.
    • Multicolor/all colors listed/a color not listed.
    • I don't dye my hair.
    • I dislike dyed hair.

Silk Bones

I've been curious about this, and I'm wondering if there are others here who have any body mods or are interested in them. ^_^ So without further of do:

- Do you have any body modifications?

- If so, what do you have, and how long have you had it for?

- If you don't have any, are you interested in/would like to one day have any body mods?

For those of you who do have body modifications:

If you would like to, please feel free to show off what you're proud of! This thread welcomes photos, just keep it safe for work please. :) 

Major credit to @YouAreYummy For bringing light to this idea, Thank you!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update for 2018

As for me:

- Two nostril piercings (one on each)

- A retired philtrum piercing (The area between your nose and upper lip)

- And stretched ears. (Currently at 0g/8mm)

I do plan to eventually get some tattoos, and currently working on a couple designs, but they'll eventually be done in the near future. How about yourself? :) 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: For those of you who are and are not modified, you're very aesthetically (and platonically speaking, of course) beautiful in my eyes. If by chance, I do not reply to your post, I'm terribly sorry! I hope that a like is just as sufficient. 

God of the Forest

I have *counts tattoos* 9 tattoos and I dont plan on getting anymore because 9 is my lucky number lol

Silk Bones

@God of the Forest That's beautiful! I like the numbers 0,7, and 8. I wish I could say the same as you, but almost any combination with those numbers would be overkill for me lmao. :lol:

Technically 9 tattoos. One has been covered.

I'm seriously considering #10 for the back of my right hand.

8 facial piercings. 2 eyebrow. 6 ear. Haven't worn piercings in years.

I have stretched ears (16mm each, planning on going to 20mm) and two tattoos: one on my right wrist and one below my collar bones. I plan on covering my body with tattoos (except for my belly because I'm fat), and probably all my extra money will go to that when I get a job. I will get my septum pierced next month.

I don't even have my ears pierced. No body mods here. I occasionally consider getting a tattoo, but then I remember that everyone has them these days. I Refuse to be another faceless, tattooed sheep in your conformist tattoo society! Long live the rebellion! :P

Evergreen Faun

Hmmm lets see.. I have two tattoos (top of foot and middle of back), septum piercing, both nostrils, both tragus's, three lobe piercings in one ear and two in the other (one got ripped out) all gauged with 2g being the largest. and one cartilage, and belly button.  I think that makes 11 piercings.

I used to have my eyebrow and back of my neck pierced.

Silk Bones
12 minutes ago, Tja said:

I'm seriously considering #10 for the back of my right hand.

Sending words of encouragement: If you feel strongly for it, thoroughly considered the pros and cons for it, and you feel positive about the idea and what it will be like having it, definitely go for it!

9 minutes ago, otachi said:

I plan on covering my body with tattoos (except for my belly because I'm fat), and probably all my extra money will go to that when I get a job. I will get my septum pierced next month.

And the same goes for you too! ^_^ If by chance you are thinking about tatting your stomach as well, don't let a single thing stop you! Unless it's for a good reason, of course. I wasn't sure about getting my philtrum done because I felt I just wouldn't look right with it. However, after some time of thinking and encouraging myself to go with it, I've been extremely happy and surprisingly more comfortable and confident with myself.

Though I understand that others have different feelings towards what they feel like going for and not going for, so I hope that I'm not pressuring you to do something you choose not to do, in any form.

Silk Bones
14 minutes ago, Starfall said:

I don't even have my ears pierced. No body mods here. I occasionally consider getting a tattoo, but then I remember that everyone has them these days. I Refuse to be another faceless, tattooed sheep in your conformist tattoo society! Long live the rebellion! :P

And with your opposing strength, I respect thee! o7  :D

1 minute ago, Peinture Paix said:

Sending words of encouragement: If you feel strongly for it, thoroughly considered the pros and cons for it, and you feel positive about the idea and what it will be like having it, definitely go for it!

And the same goes for you too! ^_^ If by chance you are thinking about tatting your stomach as well, don't let a single thing stop you! Unless it's for a good reason, of course. I wasn't sure about getting my philtrum done because I felt I just wouldn't look right with it. However, after some time of thinking and encouraging myself to go with it, I've been extremely happy and surprisingly more comfortable and confident with myself.

Though I understand that others have different feelings towards what they feel like going for and not going for, so I hope that I'm not pressuring you to do something you choose not to do, in any form.

No pressure at all, don't worry! I wouldn't tattoo my stomach because my weight fluctuates a lot, so that area of my body gets bigger and smaller, and that would make the tattoos look weird.

Silk Bones
11 minutes ago, Evergreen Faun said:

Hmmm lets see.. I have two tattoos (top of foot and middle of back), septum piercing, both nostrils, both tragus's, three lobe piercings in one ear and two in the other (one got ripped out) all gauged with 2g being the largest. and one cartilage, and belly button.  I think that makes 11 piercings.

I used to have my eyebrow and back of my neck pierced.

I'm sorry to hear that one of your piercings was ripped out, and I hope that you recovered well from it. :( 

Silk Bones
15 minutes ago, otachi said:

No pressure at all, don't worry! I wouldn't tattoo my stomach because my weight fluctuates a lot, so that area of my body gets bigger and smaller, and that would make the tattoos look weird.

Ah I see now, Sorry about that! I should have took that into consideration first.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

About two years ago, I remember there was a thread about this, but people was posting their tattoos and modifications pictures, just saying, not that I'm curios of yours (I am  :lol:).

I long, long ago did an ear piercing and ended up in pretty bad situation :mellow:, I was scared of telling my parents and I had no were to go to cure myself so I deal with it alone, ended up in a scar which I have talked to surgeons to remove, but have being lazy about it. I have considered doing myself some tattoos but (a) I can hardly stand to were the same nail polish color for 3 days, so it scares me to do something final, irreversible, although it could be very therapeutic because of that same reason (b) I work in a place that has some weird social rules and moral codes, I would have to cover them to avoid conflicts. So I guess I'm not doing any tattoo or any mod anytime soon, but I wish I could sort of use my own skin as paper and write messages for me to remember. :blush:

Silk Bones

@YouAreYummy I must have missed the train for that then, I never saw the thread around. Though I was on a hiatus for a few months, so perhaps that's why. Also, I'm unsure if you're asking if I or all of us could post pictures of our body mods, but if you are, I'm open to do so! ^_^ Sorry if I'm misunderstanding though, I can be a little slow, heh. ^~^"

As for your story, My condolences for you on your experience with piercing your own ear. It seems to have been a rough time dealing with the scar tissue on your own like that. :( I hope that now you've recovered well from it and everything is okay. I also had to deal with the same thing just recently. I stretched my ear without moisturizing it and blew out the piercing. Also, I hope that one day you'll be able to express yourself through the art on your skin with no trouble or setbacks in between. The best of luck to you, love. 

Grumpy Alien

I have four tattoos :D 

My earlobes are pierced once but that doesn't count for much.

Silk Bones

@Graceful Even the most simplest of piercings, no matter how common, always count! So your tattoos and ear piercings are gorgeous. :) 

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
50 minutes ago, Peinture Paix said:

@YouAreYummy I must have missed the train for that then, I never saw the thread around. Though I was on a hiatus for a few months, so perhaps that's why. Also, I'm unsure if you're asking if I or all of us could post pictures of our body mods, but if you are, I'm open to do so! ^_^ Sorry if I'm misunderstanding though, I can be a little slow, heh. ^~^"

As for your story, My condolences for you on your experience with piercing your own ear. It seems to have been a rough time dealing with the scar tissue on your own like that. :( I hope that now you've recovered well from it and everything is okay. I also had to deal with the same thing just recently. I stretched my ear without moisturizing it and blew out the piercing. Also, I hope that one day you'll be able to express yourself through the art on your skin with no trouble or setbacks in between. The best of luck to you, love. 

I was asking for the tattoos pics :twisted: hahaha!! I guess, if that thread is not around, it's dead, so... no one is missing a dead one, but long live to the brand new thread. I guess I could do temporary tattoos, like kids :lol:

Thanks for good wishes and love :wub: I hope you have a better healing while doing the modifications. 

Silk Bones
1 minute ago, YouAreYummy said:

I was asking for the tattoos pics :twisted: hahaha!! I guess, if that thread is not around, it's dead, so... no one is missing a dead one, but long live to the brand new thread. I guess I could do temporary tattoos, like kids :lol:

Thanks for good wishes and love :wub: I hope you have a better healing while doing the modifications. 

Ah of course! I think that'd be a great idea. I'm definitely allowing that on this thread. I'll be sure to edit my first post, make it known, and credit you for bringing this up. :lol: Also, it's no problem and thank you so much.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
1 minute ago, Peinture Paix said:

Ah of course! I think that'd be a great idea. I'm definitely allowing that on this thread. I'll be sure to edit my first post, make it known, and credit you for bringing this up. :lol: Also, it's no problem and thank you so much.

Oh! Don't credit me, I'm sure someone will complain, and then I'll say it was your idea. I am very supportive, as you see LOL. Ok. enough rambling about things that aren't modifications hahaha.

2 hours ago, Peinture Paix said:

Already have one on the left hand. I want a dragon, whose tail starts on my right ring finger, wraps around it, body and wings across back of hand, head and neck ending on right thumb. Probably tribal, or, a simple line drawing.

Silk Bones

@YouAreYummy Too Late! :twisted: 

Silk Bones
5 minutes ago, Tja said:

Already have one on the left hand. I want a dragon, whose tail starts on my right ring finger, wraps around it, body and wings across back of hand, head and neck ending on right thumb. Probably tribal, or, a simple line drawing.

That's going to look really amazing, and even more if it's colored. ^_^ If you're comfortable with showing your tattoos and would like to show any new ones in the future, feel free to post a picture on the thread! I'll be doing just the same with my own body mods, as well.

J. van Deijck

I had 4 ear piercings (3 left ear, 1 right ear), but one of them had to be removed and my earlobe is pretty much destroyed now. my fault :P

I wish I had more (mostly lips and tongue and eyebrows), but since my piercings don't really want to heal, I'm not taking the risk.

For tattoos, I have one planned (a radiation warning sign in kind of splatter manner + chemical symbol and atomic mass of radium), but I lack time to actually do it. at least money is not an issue anymore.

Silk Bones
4 minutes ago, UVB-76 said:

I had 4 ear piercings (3 left ear, 1 right ear), but one of them had to be removed and my earlobe is pretty much destroyed now. my fault :P

I wish I had more (mostly lips and tongue and eyebrows), but since my piercings don't really want to heal, I'm not taking the risk.

For tattoos, I have one planned (a radiation warning sign in kind of splatter manner + chemical symbol and atomic mass of radium), but I lack time to actually do it. at least money is not an issue anymore.

Oh my, I'm sorry about what happened with your ear piercing experience. :/ I do hope that it's in fair condition now, and that you're no longer having any more complications. As for the tattoo, that sounds really creative, I like it! Hopefully you'll find just enough time to get it worked on in the very near future. ^_^

18 hours ago, YouAreYummy said:

About two years ago, I remember there was a thread about this, but people was posting their tattoos and modifications pictures, just saying, not that I'm curios of yours (I am  :lol:).

I can post pictures if you guys want (although I only have old pictures with Instagram filters), but one of my tattoos can be considered offensive, since it has the word "terrorist" on it (it has a context, and I can explain it, but it still could be offensive).

Silk Bones
Just now, otachi said:

I can post pictures if you guys want (although I only have old pictures with Instagram filters), but one of my tattoos can be considered offensive, since it has the word "terrorist" on it (it has a context, and I can explain it, but it still could be offensive).

I'm not sure about how the others would feel, but I don't see it as a problem. ^_^ Just for the sake of those who may take it out of context, explaining might be helpful if you do decide to post it on the thread. Also, if you have a story to it (along with your other tattoos that you feel like sharing) feel free to add that as well.

Here goes the pictures:

First, context: "Generation Terrorists" is the title of the first album of the band Manic Street Preachers. This image is the only on the cover, but slightly altered (the colors are different). I got this tattoo because the band means a lot to me, they have been with me since I was 15, and I have been through a lot since then. Their music helps me deal with my problems, like a different kind of therapy, and they're my favorite band of all time. I was 18 when I got this tattoo. This picture was taken immediately after it was done (the purple/red lines around it are not part of the tattoo, they are my skin being red because of it).

aBjF3Rr.jpg

Context: this tattoo says "The Brightest Sun is the Purest Gun", but it's cropped because Instagram doesn't allow full pictures. It's a line from the song "Judge Yr'self" from, you guessed it, Manic Street Preachers. This song was very empowering to me at that time, I would listen to it whenever I needed motivation do to something. It's still important to me. The bird is there as a sign of freedom. I sorta made the design myself using a pretty font from the Internet. I got this one done on the same day as the other one. It hurt as hell.

XhAcyYI.jpg

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

Interesting @otachi , thanks for sharing. I wonder now if you feel the need to explain your tattoos, in case someone is offended. I would have a hard time doing so. I think it's pretty and no one should feel offended, but if they do, it's their issue. 

Silk Bones

@otachi Your tattoos and the story behind the ink is deeply touching. Especially knowing how MSP's music can really add on to your life story, It's amazing to see that. I agree with YouAreYummy, There's definitely no need to feel unsure about hiding something like this. Thank you so much for sharing :)

J. van Deijck
17 hours ago, Peinture Paix said:

Oh my, I'm sorry about what happened with your ear piercing experience. :/ I do hope that it's in fair condition now, and that you're no longer having any more complications. As for the tattoo, that sounds really creative, I like it! Hopefully you'll find just enough time to get it worked on in the very near future. ^_^

I hope so as well! :D it would be wonderful to finally have it :3 (yeah the cyber part of me :P)

as for my ear, it's not that good. it has become somewhat disgusting :ph34r: but, as I said, it's my own fault. who else lets another person pierce their ear thrice with that piercing gun XD

Archived