Any AVENites with Body Modifications?

Silk Bones

Mods Poll  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Are you Interested in body modifications? (I.e. Learning about them and/or Dying hair unnatural colo(u)rs, piercings, tattoos, scarification, augmentation/implants etc.)

• Yes, I'm interested.
    • I'm interested in only learning about them.
    • I like dying my hair, but that's it. (natural and unnatural colors)
    • I think all body mods are cool/okay, but I wouldn't want any of my own.
    • I only like piercings.
    • I only like tattoos.
    • I only like body augmentation/scarification/implants.
    • No, I'm not interested.
    • I abstain from answering.
  2. 2. Do you have any of your own?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I used to.
  3. 3. For piercings, how many do/did you have?

• 1 - 5
    • 6 - 10
    • 11 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21+
    • I dislike piercings.
  4. 4. What type of ear piercing(s) do/did you have?

• Helix.
    • Forward Helix.
    • Industrial.
    • Snug.
    • Rook.
    • Inner/Outer Conch.
    • Orbital.
    • Tragus.
    • Anti-Tragus.
    • Upper/Standard Lobe.
    • Transverse Lobe.
    • Daith.
    • Aurical.
    • Dermal Punch.
    • Stretched lobes.
    • I do not have any.
    • I dislike piercings.
  5. 5. What type of nose piercing(s) do/did you have? (Having more than one of each piercing counts too)

• Septum/Erl/Earl etc.
    • Third Eye.
    • Nasallang.
    • Vertical Tip/Septril.
    • Austin Bar.
    • Rhino.
    • High Nostril.
    • Standard Nostril.
    • I do not have any.
    • I dislike piercings.
  6. 6. What type of oral/facial piercing(s) do/did you have?

• Lip ring(s). (This includes snake bites, spider bites, cyber bites, labrets, philtrums, madonnas, angel bites, etc.)
    • Tongue.(Tongue web/Marley, Venom bites, Snake Eyes, Multi-Tongue)
    • Cheek(s).
    • Smiley/Frown/Upper and or lower frenulum.
    • Dental.
    • Uvula.
    • Vampire/Upper Frenulum.
    • Gum.
    • Eyebrow(s). (Anti-Eyebrow, Teardrop, Crow's Feet, Horizontal, Butterfly Kiss, Standard, etc.)
    • I don't have any.
    • I dislike piercings.
  7. 7. What type of surface piercing(s) do/did you have? Any scarifications/augments/implants?

• Nape/Neck.
    • Back. (corset, dermals, etc.)
    • Upper torso. (Madison, sternum, Nipple, etc.)
    • Lower Torso. (Naval, Hip, etc.)
    • Arm(s). (Wrist dermals and such)
    • Anything below the torso.
    • I have scarifications/augments/implants.
    • I do not have scarifications/augments/implants.
    • I don't have any of these.
    • I dislike piercings.
  8. 8. Do you have any tattoos?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I dislike tattoos.
  9. 9. Where are your tattoos at?

• Head.
    • Neck.
    • Torso.
    • Arm(s).
    • Leg(s).
    • Foot/Feet.
    • Full Body.
    • I don't have tattoos.
    • I dislike tattoos.
  10. 10. What color/colour(s) have you dyed your hair?

• Red.
    • Orange.
    • Yellow.
    • Green.
    • Blue.
    • Purple/Violet.
    • Brown.
    • Blonde.
    • Black.
    • White.
    • Multicolor/all colors listed/a color not listed.
    • I don't dye my hair.
    • I dislike dyed hair.

@DuskFire I never really saw it that way, but now I can't unsee it.

Also, yeah. Most to some tattoo ink has industrial-grade chemicals. Often that's where ink poisoning can become a problem. It's rare, but does happen.

26 minutes ago, Silk Bones said:

@DuskFire I never really saw it that way, but now I can't unsee it.

Also, yeah. Most to some tattoo ink has industrial-grade chemicals. Often that's where ink poisoning can become a problem. It's rare, but does happen.

Really? I'll have to look at that.

J. van Deijck
10 hours ago, DuskFire said:

Also I've heard you need to pay up front usually in cash and you need to give a tip?

my appointment is booked for June and I had to pay 100€ in advance. not sure about tips, though. maybe it depends on a country.

It seems to me that tipping your tattoo artist would make sense. You can tip your barber or hairstylist. I tipped the guy who did my eyebrow tapering last month. :) 

I don't have any piercings, but I think they look so cool (especially lip, ear and eyebrow piercings) I kind of want snake bites and a philtrum piercing, but the problem is that the thought of a piercing needle going through my lip makes me feel sick, I'm just way too scared I'll vomit all over the piercing artist and pass out before they can actually do anything🤣

I only dye my hair black

J. van Deijck

hahaha I must say I also felt a bit strange when I saw the needle 😂 and getting my piercings done was really painful, but for a moment shorter than one second, so I survived. :P

eyebrow was the most painful so far. I still think it's worth it.

@Phie Honestly I think that piercers (at least the ones I've been to) are really good at getting you relaxed and less anxious about the piercing. I can't really speak to a big fear of needles because I don't have one, but the pain for one doesn't last but a second, as @[noize:injekktion] said. 😊

I'm sad/frustrated because just when I think the ish around my piercing seems to be clearing up, it comes right back and I really don't know what to do. I feel silly going back to my piercer for something that he said is unrelated to the piercing itself. 😟 I really don't know what went so horribly wrong when it was healing so well, absolutely no problems, up until December. 😫

Maybe I'm just cursed. After all, I've never had a smooth healing process for any of my piercings. 🙁

J. van Deijck
1 hour ago, Jinkx said:

After all, I've never had a smooth healing process for any of my piercings. 🙁

same for me. at least it's still worth it.

I'm not trying to brag or anything, but none of my piercings have hurt. And they usually heal quite well.

I went in and had my eyebrow threaded again last month, but it didn't hurt. I took my father along to watch, and he commended me on not flinching. Not that I wanted to flinch when someone was doing work around my eyeball. 😅

A person's pain tolerance sure can be a funny thing. Sure, piercings are no big deal for me, yet there are other things that have caused me so much physical pain that I end up curled in the fetal position, crying like a big baby. Funny thing pain is... 😅

@Phie For sharing~

Image result for Pond cake

thegreatwolf

I got my first tattoo done last month and it's finally healed. A tip I've learned is go with something simple to see if you can stand the process, so with that advice in mind I got the phrase ' Lets think positive' tattooed on the underside of my right arm. As for hair dying I don't have any right now but every once in awhile like to get it dyed typically black or cobalt blue.   

@DuskFire I have tattoos on my wrists, both sides. It is a pretty sensitive spot. The top of your hand might be worse, but I don't quite remember.

I think it depends on lines vs. shading. I think the more shading or colouring in, the more painful. 

I think the itchiness is a bigger issue. My tattoos burned like sunburns but as they healed were so itchy. And of course if you scratch or pick you can ruin it. 
Taking good care of a healing tattoo can be a bigger problem than pain management. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 earrings per lobe and a tragus (just got confirmation that it was done wrong, so I will lilely get it re-sited).

I have the underside of my hair dyed, and it has been for about 3 years. Currently a burgundy, but has been the gambit of blue to teal to purple and now red-ish.

I have a small tattoo behind one ear, gotten to match one with my bestie.

Today I started considering a helix - forward helix industrial. The outer edge of my ear formed slightly off, so I am not sure yet.  Also considering a plain hoop in the outer ear to compliment my tragus.

Someday will likely end up with a larger tattoo - my bestie is a TERRIBLE influence.

• 2 months later...
J. van Deijck

okay so finally a tattoo ♡♡♡

tumblr_pt59dzgrjO1tpl2hv_1280.jpg

1 hour ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

okay so finally a tattoo ♡♡♡

tumblr_pt59dzgrjO1tpl2hv_1280.jpg

that looks really cool~

CelesteAdAstra

I love body modifications of almost all sorts! I have two big tattoos myself, but I have the next 20 pieces already planned 😂 They're all in some whimsical, fantastical, gothic Alice-in-Wonderland-Style.

I have a few piercings on my ears (3 lobe and double helix). And I'd love to get Dahlia bites, they're just so pretty!

My hair's dyed black since many years. Sometimes I'd like to change it, but it's nearly impossible to put any colour on top of the black.

I've wanted to dye my hair again for a while, thinking some green accents or something. Haven't done green before. I'm told I'm too old for that, but screw them. I haven't done it only because I know it wouldn't suit me right now. Maybe on my next hair cut.

J. van Deijck

okay so little summary.

-piercings: three in left ear (standard, upper lobe and helix), two in my right ear (standard and upper lobe), two lip piercings (snakebites) and left eyebrow.

-tattoos: one on my right forearm, a "bloody" radiation hazard symbol, as you can see on the picture above.

-others: I dye my hair quite a lot and put some synthetic extensions in it. currently my hair is bright blue.

mods I would never want to have: stretched ears, split tongue, dermal implants or piercings in any other places than my face.

J. van Deijck
2 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

I've wanted to dye my hair again for a while, thinking some green accents or something. Haven't done green before. I'm told I'm too old for that, but screw them. I haven't done it only because I know it wouldn't suit me right now. Maybe on my next hair cut.

you're never too old to be yourself. if you want something and it doesn't hurt anyone else, just go for it. it's you who has to be happy.

Twisted Tempest

None currently, but I'm looking at (possinly) getting a full back tattoo. Back when I was in college I loved the idea of getting magnets put in my fingertips and lights put under my skin, but now I don't really understand why that ever appealed to me. 

On 6/15/2019 at 4:39 PM, Zagadka said:

Putting colour in your hair is a safe and fun way to express yourself.

Get that cut and go for it!

Fewer people will complain than you would expect (For me: 1 patient in 4+ years. Good batting average!)

Archived