Article: "Where is the Asexual Representation in LGBTQ Pride?"

WinterWanderer

girlinstory

Thanks for the link! That's an interesting article. I definitely agree that online I've been made to feel like asexuals don't belong in the LGBTQA community, but since I started going to Pride, people have been nothing but welcoming. This year, I'm doing a book signing for my book with an ace hero at my hometown's Pride. I'm also volunteering for Portland Pride again. I've been looking forward to it all year. 

SamwiseLovesLife

@Rainbowhead We wish.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_flag_(LGBT_movement)

Interesting that the colours reprisenting Sex was removed due to lack of the fabric. SO the LGBT+ flag is sorta Asexual too :)

Is it just me, or does the fact that they used the phrase, "lack sexual attraction" bother anyone else? Yes, I enjoyed the article because it highlighted the struggles of ace acceptance, but I dislike that term. It makes it seem like we're missing something, that we're broken, as opposed to normal people who just don't want sex.

But asexuality it is not a choice. "Normal people who just don't want sex " could also mean people who choose celibacy as a way of life. I wonder how else it could be phrased without it making it seem like we have something missing. To me it is a lack of sexual desire that sets us apart so I personally don't have a problem with that term. 

Archived