How not to answer a newbie

Your mom’s allosexual! 😏

How do I know whether I’m really asexual or if I just experience my sexuality the exact same way asexuals do?

• Like 4
Lady Constellation

Akin to the paradox about replacing a boat one plank at a time, your sexuality will either fall apart or eventually become something totally unrecognizable. 

Where's my dragon? I mailed in my AVEN membership card and everything, and I still haven't gotten it. 

• Like 4
Katarina Gertje

Oh, trust me, it's already there.

How can I make my dragon visible?

• Like 2

Just paint it - even though you still won't be able to see the dragon per se, the paint will let you "see" where it is at least.

Can we only get dragons as the membership bonus, or are there other options? Not that I don't want to take care of a dragon, but I just want to know to be extra sure of my decision.

• Like 3
Katarina Gertje

It's the default, but you can ask for a unicorn, swarm of axolotls, or a panda instead.

Can my dragon breathe fire?

• Like 2
sSevenOfSpadeƧƨ

Depends on the type of dragon. See your local breeder for help.

My phoenix has been looking under the weather lately. What happened to it?

• Like 4

To some, you can’t consider yourself asexual if you’re not a virgin. To others, you can’t know whether or not you’re asexual if you’re still a virgin. And there are many more who consider asexuality and virginity to be unrelated. Considering how many people here are considered asexual, that either means there are a lot of virgins here, hardly any, or it’s impossible to say. I hope that answers your question.

Do asexuals lose their baby teeth at a different age than allosexuals or is this another one of those things that’s “unrelated” to your orientation?

• Like 5

Child-skull-van-Leest-Antiques-1.jpg

Sorry, what was the question?

I'm nine, and don't like too kiss girls or boys so, im asexual but my mom doesn't believe me.

• Like 2

Um actually, wanting to kiss someone is sensual attraction not sexual attraction, but still your mom shouldn’t invalidate you and she sounds totes aphobic and you should run away from home ASAP!

How do I delete my account?

• Like 4
Katarina Gertje

[User's account has been deleted.]

How do I know if I'm aromantic, and not just faking it?

• Like 1
TrustTheCloak

Smell yourself, if it's strong, you're aromatic. You can't fake a smell, you silly goose

How can I get a custom rank like you guys?

• Like 3
Katarina Gertje

2 + 2 is doing great, thanks for asking.

WHY is 2 + 2?

• Like 3

4 all my money is worth, it doesn't really need a reason to be. We can all just be happy the way we are, and let others be as they wish too, can't we?

Which subforum is the best to start to familiarize myself with when I'm new here, someplace I can feel safe and well received?

Edited by nazokashii
  • Like 2

Defineltely the hot box forum. SHIT GETS REAL GOOD THERE.

I'm feeling really depressed, what do i do?

• Like 3

Do like Picasso and capitalise on it by painting weird things.

What's with the cake thing? What if I like sausages better?

It states clearly in the contract that you have to like cake more than any other type of food. Still, your problem is very easily solvable - just make a sausage cake.

The number 6 is spelled "sex" in my native language, and I feel uncomfortable any time I have to write it. Please help, do you have any suggestions for what I can do?

• Like 3
Katarina Gertje

Just write it in another language, silly!

How do I avoid hearing about sex?

• Like 1

I'm afraid you can't. But you don't have to consider that a disadvantage. Just think of it as a weakness in others that you are blessed not to suffer with.

A friend who seems to know about these things suggested I might be semi-demi-ramalangadingdong-sexual. What does this mean, please?

• Like 3

Ah, that is a condition brought on by watching Leslie Phillips and/or Terry-Thomas in old films, including Carry Ons.  It develops most in the male asexual but is regarded as possible in the male sexual too.  Generally it is fairly harmless and doesn't require treatment, only if the suggestive saying of "ding dong" becomes too repetitive and interferes with normal conversation.

Do asexuals have favoured sleeping positions?

• Like 2
TrustTheCloak

Cake is cake. Question does not compute.

How can you compromise with an allosexual partner?

• Like 2

The same way any couple figures out which sexual activities and the frequency thereof work best for them. Lots of communication and even more lawyers.

Someone told me that if I’ve had sex, then I can’t really be asexual. So... does that mean sexuality is something that spreads through sex, or how does that work?

• Like 3

Yes, sexuality is a long-lasting STI. It can be cured with certain medical and behavioral treatments, depending on the type of sexuality that is transmitted.

Does accidentally seeing another person naked invalidate your ace card?

• Like 2

Yes, We all know that once you see another naked person, you lose your eyesight and are no longer ace, so avoid that at all cost.

How do I effectively explain the differences between romantic attraction and sexual attraction to a sexual?

• Like 2
ClaryFray1984

With a dictionary so that they know you are educated on the subject.

Can I still ice skate holding hands if I'm ace?

• Like 2

most people find it easier to skate with their arms away from the body (for balance). But if you find it easier with your hands clasped together, that's fine too.

Where can I find my ergonomic zones?

• Like 3
sSevenOfSpadeƧƨ

You can use an ergonomic map to figure out how to get there.

Can I read shippy fanfics if I'm aro?

Absolutely not! We all know that ships fanfics, full of romance and sex, invalidate aro identity immediately if you read them.

If people can understand the notion of friends with benefit so easily, why are they having such a hard time understanding having romantic attraction without any sexual attraction?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
DetectiveDayo

This is due to a lack of activity in certain parts of most cishet-brains, especialy in parts providing logical thinking. This causes them to not be able to link for example these two situations. It also often results in other instances, such as homophobia and other related phobias. This phenomenon can be helped by either stimulating those brainparts with high voltage electricity or simply sacrificing their soul to our diety, Cake.

My mom says I can't know if I'm asexual yet (I'm 16), and she asks me not to wear my prideflag outside. I disagree with her, but she's being really annoying. What do I do?

• Like 2