Where did the "aces love dragons" thing come from?

SwoopingSilver

I've seen several post that talk about asexuals and dragons together, and I'm just wondering if anyone knows where that started. 

I mean, dragons are freaking awesome.

But why.

• Like 12

No idea, I've not noticed such a thing.

I have noticed we often do get likened to unicorns as these mythical/"pure" creatures, though.

• Like 5
Comrade F&F

I've only seen associations to cake and the ace of spades.

Oh, and this.

b0cd2048917d37a12991c916baac00ad.jpg

• Like 28
God of the Forest

Probably because someone somewhere thought "huh, Im ace and I love dragons...*gasp* omg that must mean all aces love dragons!, because there is absolutely nothing dumb about that logic!!" *types random dumb shit about it on tumblr*

• Like 5

Actually, I swear I've seen that mentioned before. Maybe it's cause to society, we're just mythical creatures like a dragon 😅. I do like dragons though. They're pretty cool 😎.

• Like 9
LuciferBarrio

Maybe is because of Charlie Wesley from Harry Potter, he is asexual and loves dragons

Resultado de imagen de charlie weasley asexual

• Like 27

idk, i vaguely remember seeing something about it in the past.  the suggestions above are good...it could also be from negative stereotypes about aces being loser internet weirdos who are obsessed with dragons as well? 

No idea, but it's true for this asexual shit!

I love dragons... So much. So very, very much.

• Like 13
Toothlesss

*sits in room surrounded by Dragons decor*  

*Happily embraces the stereotype of being ace and liking Dragons :D  *   

• Like 20
999papercranes

I'm not complaining. Dragons are my spirit animal :D I was obsessed as a kid.

• Like 5
SwoopingSilver

I love how the only awnser we seem to have come up with is "idk but dragons are awesome"

plus us a few Debbie Downers 

but whatever

• Like 13

I didn't know it was a thing (real? or stereotype?). I mean, I like dragons myself, but so do plenty of people who are not asexual.

• Like 2
dragon_nerd

Not bean here too long but the dragons thing might be because Charlie Wesley and dragons thing or someone made a meme with a dragon in it and everyone immediately took it up because there is so little out there. 

• Like 3
Anthracite_Impreza

I've seen far more unicorn references than dragons tbh.

Luftschlosseule

Unicorns and dragons: Because "every human being likes sex", so asexuals don't exist, same as dragons and unicorns.

Or asexuals aren't human, and a mythical creature just like dragons and unicorns. Or asexuals keep all the dragons and unicorns for themselves, who knows.

• Like 4

Well, I WAS gonna say that I never heard of that one but dragons are awesome, but it's already been said so I'll just reiterated it. Dragons ARE awesome.

And I wouldn't mind having a pet dragon, though I dunno what my neighbors would say........ah screw my neighbors, it's a dragon, if my neighbors cop a fit, I'll just offer to introduce them to it and tell them he hasn't eatenin a while so he's a bit moody.

• Like 6

So... I mean, does anyone not like dragons? Like, ever?

• Like 8
Luftschlosseule
53 minutes ago, Moophie said:

So... I mean, does anyone not like dragons? Like, ever?

Things that get eaten by them?

• Like 6
47 minutes ago, Luftschlosseule said:

Things that get eaten by them?

They got eaten and so were the dragon's food source and so, I hereby decree them to be inferior creatures.

I mean anyone that counts.

;p

• Like 1

I have to say, I was more drawn to unicorns and wolves, but dragons are very cool creatures. I wouldn't mind being "associated" with them.

• Like 2

I've heard people compare asexuals to unicorns before but this one is new to me. I guess it's because dragons, unicorns and asexuals are all mythical creatures, eh? XD Still, it's true. Dragons are awesome. Not quite as awesome as wolves, imo, but still pretty awesome. :P

• Like 3

I thought it was because of the Charlie Wesley thing too. That's where I first hear it at least. Not about to complain, dragons are awesome!

• Like 4