Greens England & Wales manifesto on Asexual and Aromantic rights

iff

several mentions of asexuality on the england & wales green party manifesto on lgbtiqa

https://lgbtiqa.greenparty.org.uk/resources/lgbtiqagreens/downloads/LGBTIQAManifesto2017.pdf

some excerpts:

opening paragraph

The Green Party have long been at the forefront of advancing the rights of those who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and non-binary, intersex, queer, asexual and aromantic, as well as other sex, sexuality and gender diversities (LGBTIQA+). We stand up for acceptance, a more equal economy, and a fairer society. We’re proudly fighting for bodily autonomy for intersex people, for legal recognition for trans and non-binary people, for PrEP for all that need it, and for greater protection for LGBTIQA+ asylum seekers.

page 4

d. Asexual and aromantic rights

Asexuality and aromanticism are often thoroughly misunderstood by society and face ignorance that puts them at risk of discrimination and sexual violence. The Green Party recognises that asexuality and aromanticism are part of the diverse range of human experience. The Green Party would:

»Reject any stigmatising of asexual and aromantic people.
» Aim to include details about asexuality and aromanticism in general education curricula so that asexual and aromantic people can flourish in society.
»Provide protection against discrimination and harassment for asexual and aromantic people.

section B before this is on trans and non-binary rights and section c on intersex rights

An elven aro

Wow, I really didn't expect that from any of the parties! I particularly like:

» Aim to include details about asexuality and aromanticism in general education curricula so that asexual and aromantic people can flourish in society.

Well then England & Wales rocks!

• 2 weeks later...
SamwiseLovesLife

I love them, I always vote Green :D (from the UK)

Whereabouts in the Midlands are you from Sam if you don't mind me asking. I lived in the Midlands, Leicestershire mostly for many years. I reckon I am voting Green this time, I did last time.

SamwiseLovesLife

@ben8884 Milton Keynes :)

I always vote Green except when It's tactical. This time I'll be going General - Labour and Local - Green as Green won't get into parliament, but I sure as hell want to make sure the Conservatives don't get another run.

See, in Melton we don't have this problem because the Tories always win so there really isn't any tactical voting.

Archived