HazyWept

So you feel your orietnation isn't acknolaged by a large percentage of society? Is that the problem? Well, yah, asexuality (let alone aromanticism) isn't well known yet. It's increased, yah, but still not quite there.

15 hours ago, MaybeIBelongSomewhere said:

I mainly want this to happen not for personal reasons but to prevent people from thinking there is something wrong with them (which is a common feeling felt before finding asexuality).

I also meant to comment on my confusion on why I haven't seen the LGBT really talk more about the +A part. If it's being included in LGBTQ+A.

Many want it known for that reason too.

As for why it's not known, many still only practice the acronym LGBT and not the + additions. Even if many know about the + existing, alot still don't know what they stand for. And many sexual people can't wrap their heads around asexuality/ aromanticism, so even if someone happens to know of the initial in it they still don't get it and thus don't support it. In pride parades many participants still want asexuality/ aromanticism out; them being a minority themselves apparently buys us no sympathy.

Just to clarify, the very inaccurate phrase "asexual spectrum" doesn't refer to asexuality itself being a spectrum (that's just one singular thing). It refers to asexuality and Gray-sexual & Gray-asexual. The Gray spectrum is just a minority of sexual people (specifically the point in time in which they desire sex being abnormal).

Also, there have been suggested alternatives to LGBT because the acronym is getting too long. I quite like GSM; gender and sexuality minority. Questioning one's orientation/gender really has no place in it; that doesn't actually make them of a minority. In fact alot of people question those things so it in itself wouldn't even qualify.

GSM* (typo?)

Archived