Group/Community to join? Are you coming with friends?

bnn

Hey!

I am thinking about coming to the Worl Pride, but don't really have someone to go with, so I am quite unsure about that, especially because it costs money and I am a poor 19year old soul. I never really participated in anything lika that, jus probably going to a local group for the first time in two weeks; but I am aware that the ace communities has not yet connected as much as other branches of LGBT. Is there someone responsible for the Madrid meeting? Do you think it would be possible to rent a place where a big part of the aces coming could stay together (like a community hall, a gym, or cheap airbnb)? Would be fantastic..

Besides that, is there a group coming together I could join? I am so happy about an answer from someone!

chair jockey

Maybe check the Meetup Mart part of the forum to see whether there is a Madrid thread. You could find people who live in the Madrid area and are in a position to help out.

I'm afraid the Meetup Mart is not helpful, at least by now, since the last meetup announced in Madrid was the national meeting in February.

I think your case is not unique, and there are people traveling alone, like myself. I understand that your position is worse than mine, since I am Spanish and I could fend for myself in Madrid, so I recommend you to read the advices in this subforum.

I think that this event is a great opportunity for meeting AVENites of different countries, especially those who stay in Madrid longer than the march and/or the conference. Thus, I think it would be useful to set up a way for contacting among different groups or people alone for meeting in Madrid and helping each other. I don't know if the suitable place is this subforum, the Meetup Mart, or elsewhere, but there should be one place in order to concentrate the efforts.

• 3 weeks later...

I replied to bnn a while ago by PM but no reply: bnn if you're reading this, please get in touch. I'd like to help if I can. It would be great to have someone from Germany. We have a good range of people signed up from across Europe and beyond but no-one based in Germany yet!!

Of course in general, I want you all to come, no matter what country you are from. :)

• 1 month later...

Archived