Gray-A's

KSpaz

Gray or nay?  

10 members have voted

1. 1.

• Nope, never doubt it, I'm entirely Asexual all the time.
    • I doubt my asexuality once in a while, but really, that's just me being toward the darker fringe on the bottom of the gray.
    • Yeah, Gray-A does seem like a good term for what I feel. Kinda confusing sometimes.
    • Well, I identify as sexual, but I have been known to dip into the asexual realm from time to time, so maybe I'm near the whiter-fringe?
    • Nope, never doubt it, I'm entirely sexual all the time.
    • Other - ie, move around a lot, or...well, anything. This is the "other" option anway. Fill in your own blank.

Nice idea, Teucer. I like it... except I'd flip the second scale so that 0 = no sex drive and 6 = extreme sex drive. Seems to make more sense to me -- the higher the number, the greater the sex drive.

On that, I'd be somewhere between 0 and 1. (Between 5 and 6 on your scale.)

Your way does make more sense.

I call myself a 1 (or less) rather than a zero simply because I've had a desire for sex before - not out of a true sex drive, but because of the intimacy that in sexual relationships is only associated with sex.

JokeyFairbobbin

I doubt every now and then. I try to doubt every aspect of my identity because I think it's probably healthy. I always come back to solid asexuality, though.

Yeah, I wonder now and then. I hear so often that I just haven't met the right person yet that I start wondering if it's true.

And sometimes I start thinking there's no way anyone as profoundly ordinary as me could be any kind of minority.

As my sign-in name is 'Gray' I really ought to be a Gray-A :D But I'm not sure. :?

I kinda agree with what Shivers said, but I'm the opposite to what Xenius wrote:

I do not experience sexual attraction to anyone but I do have sexual urges.

In other words I do experience attraction - and it's kinda sexual because it always relates to good-looking females - but I have no urge to do anything to them whatever apart from hugs/cuddles.

Gray.

Wow. I skipped this thread a few times because I casually assumed it was for asexual senior citizens. Heh. I'm glad I finally read it, because I think I'm definitely in the Gray-A camp.

I get attracted to people, in some warm and fuzzy sense. I find people of either gender interesting to look at, and I get crushes. But at the end of the day, I don't want the sex. The relationships, maybe, but not the sex. I fell madly in love with a woman once because of the long conversations we had. I wanted to spend my life with her, get married, the whole nine yards. Yet I never once pictured myself even kissing her, much less getting her undressed or having sex.

But while I'm sort of asexual with a small "a", I don't see myself wearing the label. I'm still very queer-identified (in that no-labels, postmodern kind of way) and like the ambiguity. I mostly have political/theoretical reasons for using it, but I won't pretend I don't sometimes use it as a veil for my own confusion. (Over several years I went from lesbian, to bisexual, to pomosexual, to queer, to asexual, and back to queer. I didn't like having to explain myself each time it changed!)

Archived