Do you wear earrings or make-up?

mouser

Do you wear earrings or make-up? (Gender non-specific)  

1. 1.

• Earrings
    • Make-up
    • Both
    • Take cues from '70s glitter rockers
    • Neither

This poll is closed to new votes

Schala Zeal

I wear both earrings and make-up. I've changed a lot in 3 months time.

I had my ears pierced a bit over 3 months ago, the holes seem to have healed and now I wear small (3/4 inch) rings in them (1 on each side, no more).

As for makeup, I don't really go overboard with it. I'd use foundation, blush and lip gloss mainly. Eye make-up would tend to make me look older (the rest is more neutral-like). And I tend to want to look younger than my chronological age (I do without trying really).

Earrings always. And a 2100-year-old Roman Snake Bracelet that I never take off.

But I look hideous in makeup. :( So, I just do the natural look. Where I work, few women wear war paint anyway, so, cool. 8)

Kelly witch.gif

Earrings always. And a 2100-year-old Roman Snake Bracelet that I never take off.

But I look hideous in makeup. :( So, I just do the natural look. Where I work, few women wear war paint anyway, so, cool. 8)

Kelly witch.gif

Is the bracelet really that old or is it a reproduction? :shock:

I don't wear make-up, because I find rough and imperfect skin more attractive anyway. I don't have any piercings, either, but it's something I've often considered. Maybe when I'm not living with my parents.

And speaking of that, are unattached earlobes a secondary sexual trait (or whatever you call it)? Because they don't like like they'd help at all with sound pickup, or structural solidification. All they ever do is hurt when I'm taking off t-shirts in winter with really dry skin.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't survive without my lipstick & eyeliner.

I don't wear make-up at all, and I don't want to. I've been considering earrings, but I wouldn't want to have to wear them all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

I like earrings, and on occasion (like formal occasions, etc.) I like make-up (sometimes). Not everything is about sex, or what other people like. There is such a thing as aesthetic beauty, and I do whatever I like and think is beautiful, and not what other people do.

• 3 months later...

I'm such a wimp. I got my the second hole pierced in my ears last week with a piercing gun. My friend had to hold my hand hah! I find piercing quite visually appealing, they seem to enhance most people's natural beauty.

I love wearing long dangly, colourful earrings when I dress up, and the occasional bit of eyeliner when I go out. That's about it, any make up other than eyeliner makes my sensitive eyes really sore.

It's more about feeling good about myself, and having pride in my personal appearance than saying 'look at me, look at me'.

I don't do makeup. Ever. The number of times I wear earrings in the average year can be counted on one hand-- usually roughly equivalent to the number of times I wear pantyhose/heels... aargh. I abhor pantyhose (both the garment and the word).

I hate makeup. But, I'll wear it for things like stage performances and Halloween :D Like when my friend painted me green so I could be Elphaba... :lol:

Earrings? Not for a while. Only when my mom makes me.

Is the bracelet really that old or is it a reproduction? :shock:

It is really that old. Lots of jewelry survives archeological digs, and this piece is again being useful.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't wear any cosmetics, piercings, tattoss or makeup at all :) Occasionally I'll wear a small pendant or wooly bracelet, but that's it.

I can't see the point in makeup, and most of my mates have told me that I'd just look like a transvestite anyway :shock: :lol:

FelineFanatic

It has been just over two years since I have put a dab of makeup on my face. It has been even longer since I have worn earrings. All my jewelry was stolen as well as most everything I owned in a burglary. I have never been able to find the funds to buy a pair of gold earrings. (I am allergic to other metals.) I do not own any jewelry at all except for a cheap watch I picked up at Wal*Mart for $3.00 on clearance. Now the band on that is cracked. I would never consider a tattoo unless for medicinal purpose such as markings for breast cancer radiation. (My sister just went through that this week,)

I wear make-up and earrings. It's got nothing to do with attracting a mate, to me. It's just that I've always been an artist and when I look into the mirror I don't just see a face, I see a canvas. I want to make it as pleasing to me as possible, just for the pleasure of aesthetic beauty. I have to avoid certain types of make-up because I have a lot of allergies, but within the boundaries of what I can use, I get creative and change my look quite a lot.

I dye my hair a lot too. And sometimes I've woken up, looked into the mirror and decided that hmm, I'm going to chop all my hair off today. Then I get the scissors and do it, and I've yet to regret any of my impulsive whims. I'm just not that attached to my looks -- that is, I don't have any one look that I think of as "me". "Me's" got nothing to do with my looks, but my looks are a vehicle through which I can express my moods, both personal and creative, to the world.

• 2 weeks later...
So a friend says to me, "If you're not interested in attracting a mate, why do you wear those fishing lures in your ears?"

My shrink asked something like that, too! I really thought she should know better. I may be asexual, but that doesnt mean, Im blind.

So, no earrings, but tons of make-up.

FelineFanatic

Last week I put some make-up on for the first time in 2 years to get my "mug" shot taken fopr my driver's license. My eyes were itchy and burning the whole time. (Props to the DMV guy 'cos this photo looked better than the one taken 4 years ago!)

• 7 months later...

I spend half an hour every morning doing makeup and I have a collection of earrings and other jewelery! I feel too ugly and miserable to go out if I don't dress up, whether or not there is an occasion.

I wear earrings almost everyday (any style, depends on my mood) and eye make-up only.

Woah, major thread revival!

I wear make-up every day even if it's just something as subtle as mascara on my lashes and clear to keep my eyebrows smooth, and I'm never caught without a pair of big dangly earrings on. *currently wearing a pair that's only a few centimetres off brushing my shoulders and looks like wrought iron*

I wear make-up because it makes me feel better about myself and I feel nude without it. I have small eyes with thin lashes, so I wear make-up to make them look better. I naturally have nice lips, so make-up makes them look better. In my experience, people react much better to you if you look nice.

No earrings. No make-up.

I had my ears pierced many years ago but the holes are still there. I do not put on earrings, especially since I had to wear cheap ones once when I was young. It gave me an infection and I was told that it pretty much rotted my earlobe off. Eh, it looks fine now.

Make-up is bleh for me. Some smell funny. Some feel gross. All make me feel like I'm trying to make me something I'm not.

There's a New Guinea tribe which decorate their bodies with flowers and bright colors every day, not to attract mates but to entice their souls to remain in their bodies.

Hm... I think would be quite happy to live among these people. Unless it's hot there... I'm certain it is, so I guess I'll have to start my own cruchy-granola-type flower-wearing tribe to commune with in a climate I can tolerate.

I wear earrings on occasion... sometimes I look in the mirror and something looks "off" so I'll try some earrings to see if that balances out whatever looks strange. Makeup-wise, I religiously wear foundation, but that's about it. Maybe some blush a few times a week and the very occasional eyecolor, but most of the time I can't be bothered.

I wear makeup occasionally and would probably wear earrings if i ever gotmy ears pierced...

Makeup I've worn only 10 times in my life...three times for dancing concerts, twice for aerobics competitions, three times for school plays (they were single-performance, hence only one time per play), once for my debutante ball, and the last time for valedictory dinner.

Earrings I have and wear on a daily basis. One hole in each lobe which I'm thinking about turning into two, plus a helix stud in my right ear. Helix piercing is one through the cartilage at the top of the ear.

... do people honestly believe that decorating yourself only serves to lure a mate? good god! i love fashion, and i love looking good for myself.

My ears arn't even peirced. I sometimes wear a little eye makeup when Im going out on a special evening. But not often. I dont even like the feel of the stuff on my face.

Archived