Do you wear earrings or make-up?

mouser

Do you wear earrings or make-up? (Gender non-specific)  

1. 1.

• Earrings
    • Make-up
    • Both
    • Take cues from '70s glitter rockers
    • Neither

This poll is closed to new votes

crepuscular

I picked neither because I don't really wear either. I like earrings and wear them once in a while but only the ones I made. I'm very picky about which earrings I wear because I consider them a small insight to who I am.

As for makeup I actually like makeup. I wish I could do the extravagant makeup with lots of glitter and neat designs. I don't like the attention it gets so I go au natural. My friend likes to do my makeup and laugh at me because I 'actually look like a girl.' :roll: So makeup on me has become somewhat of a joke.

earrings ... hmm. well, i got my ears pierced when i was 5 or 6, and wore pretty much the same earrings for about 7 years. :lol: i hated changing them because I always had to get my mum to do it for me and she made it hurt. *laugh* but recently my earrings have been bothering me a bit so i decided to stop wearing them. it bugs my mom 'cuz she thinks I'm not enough of a girl, apparantly. :roll: but whatever.

make-up, though, i do use sometimes. usually it's just some sort of ... concealer, i think? I don't even know what it's called. XD but I only wear it because a) my slightly tanned skin bothers me [it's always been that way, I'm Indian] and the concealer makes it slightly lighter, B) it makes my skin look smoother and c) using concealer around the eyes makes it at least look like I get enough sleep at night. i have horrible bags under my eyes and they make me look a zombie, but less awesome. *snerk*

but it's not so OTHER people like how I look, it's so I can look good for MYSELF. if that makes sense.

Schala Zeal

Well neither make up or earrings can make me love my body, it improves it, but I'm still ways from liking it...I'm quite down lately, about how slow everything is...how limiting my physionomy combined with my psychology can be to my projected image (my physical appearance is flawed to me in ways, and I consider psychologically that I have no right to change it drastically - thus I feel stuck with an image of me I hate).

Ugh, putting crap on my face. Gross. It's hard enough for me to put sunscreen on, and that soaks in and doesn't rub off like makeup.

Every once in awhile I'll put on makeup (as in.. when I go to a dance and my mom kidnaps me and makes me buy makeup), but then I feel really dirty afterwards. I hate makeup. It seems like a way of saying I'm insecure or unhappy with how I look and I need to enhance my features or hide them... I mean, what?

And that little obsession applies only to me. When other girls wear makeup, I don't see them as being insecure or such.

As for earrings: I don't have my ears pierced. I'm too afraid of needles. Oh, and I'm allergic to most clip-on earrings.

Silly Green Monkey

Ear piercing isn't actually done with needles, it's done with sharpened versions of slightly larger than regular earring studs.

Miss Kitten

Sometimes I wear make-up, but most of the time I don't. Painting my face and poking holes in my body to be pretty is an odd concept to me.

Lady Heartilly

I see no advantage to punching holes in my ears, and I don't see the point in covering my face with goup in the morning just to take it off at night when I look perfectly fine without it.

genuineillusion

Earrings, and when I'm feeling in the mood for it, makeup.

I've got three holes per ear, and I only wear earrings in the third holes [because they aren't completely permanent yet]. Every once in a while I'll put on makeup, but not very often. I've been doing it more than usual lately because I just got my hair dyed and I look washed out without makeup.

I wear it to make myself feel better, though. I don't care what other people think of the way I look.

SilentCricket

Earrings only. I dunno, makeup just... Ack, it's hard to explain. It makes me feel like I've donned a mask; in a way I can feel it clogging up my pores as I put it on. And I don't think I need make up to make me look pretty (that sounded conceited - I didn't mean it that way). I know I'm not drop-dead gorgeous. I've got the body that if I tried, I probably could make myself that way, but I'm always like, "why?" Why not get that extra hour of sleep instead of waking up at an insane-r hour to color-cordinate my outfit, put on makeup, and perfectly style my hair?

I like earrings, though. Each pair I put in means something different to me, so when I'm in a certain mood I put that pair of earrings in. Sounds weird, yes, but so am I.

elquesogrande

I'm ridiculously good-looking without makeup, so i wear it just for fun.

I'm one of the 2% who go all-out 70s glam style. Normally the most i'll wear is a bit of smudged-up eyeliner to make my eyes stand out and some chapstick, but when i want to dress up for something, i go all-out. makeup is fun.

Can't really wear earrings though, my left ear lobe closed up. Nothing a safety pin and a really boring class can't fix though.

And piercings should be done with hollow needles. The ones they do with the studs and the guns are potentially hazardous as they cause trauma to the ear tissue. It's better to go to a piercing shop and get it professionally done by people who know what they're doing.

I like to decorate a little, for aesthetic reasons rather than any sexual attraction.

I used to wear earrings (and a discreet diamond nose stud). The earrings were most often hand crafted by an artist, a neat way to get my daily color and brightness 'fix'. Cannot wear them anymore, due to a nerve condition that makes my skin hyper-sensitive. So instead, I've discovered the world of scarves! They make a nice contrast with the neutral colors I tend to wear. Again, when I'm lucky I can find some that are hand crafted in beautiful colors and patterns.

I also wear a little powder to even out my skin tone, nothing overwhelming. When younger, I used to love to play with dramatic make up. Now I make masks for a living! Wonder if there's any connection? :)

Ear piercing isn't actually done with needles, it's done with sharpened versions of slightly larger than regular earring studs.

*feels nauseated*

That might even be worse.

I have eleven ear piercings, and yes I wear little hoops in all of them. :)

Makeup- no. Not now, not ever. It looks ridiculous on me.

summerbreeze

Hi,

I haven't worn earrings in over 5 years. I always had trouble putting on my own earrings. Then I had nobody around to help me put them on because everyone was away. When they came back, they weren't able to put the earrings in. The holes have closed up since then....which is not bad since I don't miss the bleeding: I guess I had a shoddy ear piercing job. And I didn't even get my ears piereced till I was in 6th grade. I really wasn't interested in it but kinda felt pressured to get it done because of cultural factors. I don't wear makeup. Once in a blue moon, I would wear lipstick, like when taking pictures but I don't even do that now. I have never been a makeup sorta person (unlike my sisters and cousins- some of whom are makeupaholics). Interestingly, by 6th grade, I made a decision not turn into them when I became a teen. It was mostly based on my own brand of feminism- and because I didn't want to compensate for personal insecurities by "dolling" myself up. Although I never felt pretty, I also didn't feel the need to try to look pretty. I am who I am. Either you accept me as I am or not.

On a sidenote: Recently I received a gift of a beautiful necklace and earrings set. I will probably never wear them, esp. the earrings, but I do like them as pieces of artwork- and, the price of gold is skyrocketing! (So who has the last laugh?!) :lol:

Oh, and not wearing makeup makes people think that I am younger than I am. I wish that didn't happen though. :roll:

I've had my ears pierced as a kid but my body rejected the holes. Everytime I tried putting on earrings, I'd get an infection so I've stopped wearing earrings and the holes have now closed. Maybe they haven't but quite frankly, I don't really care about testing it as I just don't like jewelery all together. I only wear a little make-up on my eyes simply because I look dead without it. If I'd be a natural Ivory beauty, I probably wouldn't. I can compare it to the "bad hair day" psychology, I just feel better when my face looks decent when I get out of the house. It's not a seduction thing. If your face is covered with acne pimples, don't you feel less confident about yourself? :oops: Does that have anything to do with seduction or just self-confidence?

I wear both, earrings more than makeup. I've donned neither for work in the last few weeks though. I will do it if I have to make a presentation or are going to hang out someone with friends anywhere more dressy than jeans and a shirt. I do it because I look healthier and more alive, not nearly as ghastly. I tend to wear rouge, bronzer, and undereye-dark circle-hider, and lip gloss when I do. It's all very easy to apply and looks pretty natural (or it would if I spent time outside).

I wear both, but only when the occasion suits. In fact, I really enjoy flamboyant jewellery and have a fair amount of silver that I love wearing.

I don't think either gets in the way of my being A. I rarely get passes anyway nowadays, unlike when I was younger, so I don't feel the need to keep it off anymore.

I must admit if I did think it was a problem I probably would stop wearing both. I do wear glasses all the time though, and I think that puts of some men.

There are some things that I find really gross...like when my cousin Mark got an severely infected penile piercing. :shock:

Qwerty123456

I put neither. I almost never wear make-up (I used to on special occasions, but then I decided I had philosophical as well as tactile objections to it). I have pierced ears, and I wear earrings very occassionally. Usually I just don't think about it, or any jewelry for that matter. I don't think about anything to do with my physical appearance all that much. As long as I'm wearing clothes and my hair is combed, I think I'm doing all right.

rainyrose77

i put both because ... i wear both!

i love jewelry in general, and i don't wear a lot of makeup... sometimes i just like to experiment with it.

but like i saw that someone else wrote, i just wear it for myself =]

Both.

The only make-up I tend to wear is coloured eyeliner and lip-balm and I have a 9mm and 5mm hole in each lobe, as well as 8 other piercings. They're not to do with looking attractive for other people though - I have them because I like them. I see them as a way to be creative, or something decorative, like ornaments on a Christmas tree! :lol:

If my body jewellery was an attept to attract the opposite sex I'm afraid I'd have failed miserably as most guys I know don't like them very much.

I wear earrings because I like them. I have these little loops that I never take out. so it really isn't a hassle.

But make up is far too much work! And I don't really care what I look like so what's the use? I do use cover-up occasionally if I have a particularly ugly pimple(s.)

I played with my mother's make-up one time in 6th grade and people who had never talked to me before started talking to me and my thought was, "Oh, suddenly I exist now?!?" I haven't really worn make up since.

deladangerous

Why, I'm taking cues from the glitter rockers.... minus the actual "glitter" part of it.

I don't wear makeup, but I've an earring, and.. uh, see avatar.

Ain't got nothin' to do with sex appeal. I just like shiny things.

JokeyFairbobbin

I've got my ears pierced and I'd like to add a few more holes to 'em, but I rarely wear earings because I don't own many that suit me. I don't bother with makeup unless it's a REALLY special occasion because it takes too long, is uncomfortable to wear, and it's usually an exclusively feminine thing, and such things bug me. *shrugs* Mostly I'm just lazy.

• 2 months later...

I voted for both. I love wearing earrings and always have some in.

Make up is a near necessity, as otherwise I never look like I have slept. In fact I hate the way my face looks eu naturelle. Make-up is fantastic, like a mask to either accentuate what I are feeling, or to hide it.

All my love,

Kate

Wee_Little_Me

neither. Ive gotten my ears pierced about 3 different times and something ALWAYS comes up that I have to take them out and they grow back together (this last time I needed to take them off for x-rays and surgery. By the time I lost my drugged-up state to be able to put long pointy metal things in my ear the hole had already grew back together grrrr) and I'll wear makeup about once a month. lol. Throw on a bit of eyeliner just because I feel like it.

I don't wear makeup too often (usually only if I get bored or if it's a special occasion), but I have six holes in my ears and I am planning on getting at least one more. :D

Archived