Do you wear earrings or make-up?

mouser

Do you wear earrings or make-up? (Gender non-specific)  

1. 1.

• Earrings
    • Make-up
    • Both
    • Take cues from '70s glitter rockers
    • Neither

This poll is closed to new votes

Neither here too.

Have you tried putting lipstick ona beak? :wink:

That sounds even more difficult than "un-piercing" myself, like I did with a scalpel.

Sweet_Sindelle
Makeup, well if I didn't need it, I wouldn't wear it except for eye makeup. At this point I need all the help I can get though. :evil:

I'm with you on that one...lol,,though I only wear eye make-up. As for my ears they are pierced 3 times on both sides and I only wear small rings. If I go out somewhere fancy then I change them but that doesn't happen often.

I like wearing makeup, in bright colours and odd combinations, and big earings on my days off. It's my version of art. There's no point in wearing anything to work. The pigs don't care what I look like.

Um... Let's see. I never bothered to get my ears peirced. I have a pair of heirloom clip on earings that my grand mother gave me, but I look horrid in gold, and I don't really like earings in general. I might like them more if I had my ears peirced, but I never really cared to have holes punched in me. I sometimes wear makeup, but its less often than not. Usually when I actually do bother its a little lipstick, blue mascara, and green eye shadow. Its really something I just do when I'm feeling crazy. If I'm going to be in bright lights or am going somewhere fairly nice, I might add a little base to that, but whatever.

I like long flamboyant earrings too. Especially ones that look like something a crazy African tribal person would wear. ^^

I don't bother with makeup. It's too much work and I hate looking like a girl so it stays off. Chapstick to keep the lips healthy is all I'll do.

only when in drag, and then, lots and lots of make up.

*pointless triva note, it takes around $200 worth of make up to transform ugly man Orphues into Pretty girl Orpheus.

HAh. I had no idea earing were meant to attract men! Last I checked, they didn't even like earings, or care about them! Anyway. I just like the jingly noise they make. Also, I've had my ears pierced since i was about eight years old, so I hope they didn't have sex appeal. And my makeup is to cover up my ugliness, not add attraction. Duh.

LostPenguin

No makeup unless for costuming purposes (aka, when i'm forced to look ladylike).

I also don't wear earrings much, and when I do, it's not for looks. Just to keep my piercings from closing up. I'd like some kickass earrings, but I don't have any. I also find sleeping in them annoying- it feels weird- but I don't want to be bothered with putting them in and taking them out everyday. That's mostly just laziness coming through, though...

HAh. I had no idea earing were meant to attract men! Duh.

Uhh... earrings are meant to attract men? That's news to me. I suppose I should stop wearing them...but I like them. Wait, screw men! (well, someone else screw men please), I'm gonna wear them when I want.

Since I am a make up artist I do wear make up. ;)

And earrings... only one, I have that hole in left ear only.

I will wear makeup when I want to look my best, but I don't use colors that aren't already part of my face. In other words, I only use it to smooth out blotchy skin. I also wear dark brown mascara sometimes because my eyelashes and eyebrows are pretty thin and sketchy.

I don't like to look like I'm wearing makeup. It makes me feel like a clown if it shows.

I have pierced ears and will wear earrings once in a while, but not often. There is no reason for it in my day to day life, and parrots will sometimes grab earrings. That sounds like something I don't want to experience so I try to make sure it can't happen.

-Greybird

I've been thinking about a earring but didn't find one I liked.

I have two earrings in one ear and one in the other. As so many have already said, it had nothing to do with trying to attract a date. In my case, I wanted to see how much it would hurt and how well I'd be able to stand the pain. And to ensure maximum discomfort, I insisted that my grandmother pierce them for me, instead of dealing with a piercing gun (somehow I don't have much of a problem with people inflicting certain types of pain on me, though I could never do the same myself) :?. I did end up going to a mall piercer for the second hole in the one ear, but she screwed up to such an extent that I ended up having to get minor surgery to fix the problem. I had to let that piercing heal before I got it redone.

Anywho, I've never been fond of huge, doorknocker earrings. Whenever I see someone wearing them, I always picture them getting ripped out. That's why the only kinds I wear are studs. I do have a hoop in the second hole in the one ear, but it's small (even then, I once managed to rip the hoop out of my ear, which is why I switched to a stud in that hole for awhile).

As for makeup, I hate it and don't wear it unless it's insisted upon for certain occsaions. Even then, I haven't worn it for some time, even when going on more recent job interviews.

hmm, I have a 10 gauge hole in each ear (width of a q-tip stick) in which I wear blue plastic horns, and I wear foundation, and maybe a tiny bit of eyeliner. The only other make up I wear is blistex on my lips, and I'm not sure that counts, lol.

I wear long, dangly, flamboyant earrings, but am kind of make-up challenged. One of my friends tried to put eyeliner on me, but had to stop because I kept flinching.

Schala Zeal

Both but currently mild on the make-up. First I don't own much at the moment (save for foundation and blush), and second, I'm still unsure about the look I give out...I'm just not yet ready I guess, all in due time hehe.

Earrings - got my ears pierced just yesterday (one in each ear), I'll keep the studs there at least a month and then I'll see what else I'd wear there.

Silly Green Monkey

Unless you have a superfast rate of healing, better leave the studs in for at least six weeks to allow the skin to heal. Then you can start yanking studs out and shoving others in.

Does that mean if someone has had their ears pierced, wears earrings regularly for any length of time, then stops entirely, the piercings will close up entirely?

And does that apply to piercings in other areas?

Me, I can't understand why someone would want to poke holes in their body just to hang decorations from it. :)

Pierced ears close up after a while because the skin heals. How long they take to close depends on the person. I have pierced ears, but I only where earrings once in a while to make sure the holes don't close up. I would like to where them more, but I am allergic to anything but sterling silver.

I've gone at least six months, maybe up to a year without wearing my earrings and my ears did not close up. But recently the skin has been trying to heal over because of medication I've been taking for my skin. So I have to wear earrings a lot more now.

Torgo-It varies a lot. I have gone periods without wearing earrings for years and mine didn't close up. Some people's close after a few hours.

I wear makeup (tastefully). Usually its just eyeshadow, though....

As to earrings, I dont have piercings, but I've been considering it.

I dress up and wear earrings and make up all the time, but thats just because I feel more confident and am more content when I feel I look nice, I really don't care what other people think about my looks.

I wore studs or other earrings day and night for years, and then I quit. Now I routinely go for a year at a time without wearing any earings, and the holes have never closed up. I think they got completely fused into place during those early years!

-Greybird

My ears are pierced, and have been since I was six (so yeah, another vote for...goodness, I hope that wasn't for sex appeal!).

I used to wear fun earrings all the time in middle school, then toned it down in high school, but still wore earrings.

College - eh, bleh. No earrings here.

So I voted for make up only now, because everday I have to put cover-up under my eyes. I have obnoxious bags that I think look terrible on me. A self esteem issue I blame mostly on my mom and sister, who when I was back in middle school basically told me the bags under my eyes made me look ugly as often as they could squeeze it into a conversation. I flat-out refused make up for a long time, because I knew once I started wearing it, I wouldn't be able to go back to not easily, since then I would look less pretty to myself. And besides, I thought I looked fine then, and didn't want anyone liking me less or more based off of appearance. Ah, young idealism.

They finally talked me into it. Definitely hooked now...well, on cover-up at least.

Several part answer:

As a young teen I began wearing both. In my early 20s I began to get quite flamboyant actually -- wearing tons of jewelry and glittery makeup. To the point where a lady in my field told me that I'd NEVER be taken seriously "dressing like that".

In my mid 30s I had a sudden surge to have kids, and even felt STRONG sexual attraction to one fellow (didn't act on it). This lasted about a year, then faded away. And maybe because I realised then that I didn't want a man. Didn't want a woman. Didn't want anything, so why put out the bait? It seemed counter-productive. I stopped wearing makeup and jewelry, or anything else. I even stopped dieting, ate what I liked, and got fat.

And now, at 40, I suddenly realized that I'm fat and old by society's standards. And it's so completely FREEING.

I can now pretty much do as I like without people hitting on me or really expecting me to "get a man." Because if they can't accept that I'm "too fat to get a man", most figure that I did once have a "sexual life" and am old and jaded and am retiring from the sexual world.

So, I'm wearing it all again -- makeup, jewelry, even glitter. And it's SO MUCH FUN.

Here's to getting older! Yay 40!

i wear 8 earrings, every day all the time. makeup i can live without, unless i see myself in the morning and think i'm scary. then i wear mascara. i prefer jewelry and tattoos. bracelets, rings, necklaces. they make me feel pretty. and the amount i tend to wear is NOT attractive to guys. i think they like girls without a metal layer.

TangerinePanda

What about other body piercings?

I wear "earrings" but if I said that, most people would think traditional jewel encrusted posts and that's not the case.

Makeup--NEVER.

Archived