Do you wear earrings or make-up?

mouser

Do you wear earrings or make-up? (Gender non-specific)  

1. 1.

• Earrings
    • Make-up
    • Both
    • Take cues from '70s glitter rockers
    • Neither

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...

Shhhh.... (my ears are pierced.... but don't tell anybody... that's just carnal....)

CrazyCatLover

I voted neither. I do wear makeup on occasion (most recently was at my cousin's wedding in June) and usually wear earings when I wear makeup. I also sometimes will put in earings for a day just to make sure my holes don't close up (or to have something to play with), but I think I could count the number of days I wear makeup and/or earings per year on one hand (maybe two).

I used to wear makeup every day (in high school) until I realized that it was pricey, time-consuming, made acne worse, and I didn't really look that much worse without it/better with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Earrings being used to attract mates? Huh... I must have been a very sexy baby then, my aunt had my ears pierced when I was six weeks old. =p

But once I was old enough to have a say on what people stuck on my ears, I stopped using them. I think the holes are closed, but I'm not sure, I can still feel a little hole if I press my earlobe enough. My skin is really sensitive to anything over it, even clothes, but mainly jewelry and make-up. Sometimes I think it would look better with a bit of make-up, but I can't stand the feel of it on my face. Even nail paint feels bad on me.

The only thing I ever wear besides clothes is a wrist band I made myself with wool and embroidery thread that says "NO SEX". But I had to sew an velvet/silk like fabric on the inside so it wouldn't feel bad against my skin.

I have two piercings in my left ear, one in my right, and one on the side of my nose, I also have14 tattoos, none of which usually show. I do not and have never worn make-up.

To me tats & piercings are about me and my self-image. It has nothing to do with attracting anyone.

BYW, I have worn all of my piercings and started my tats at 17. I'm 41 now, so I'm no Johnny-come-lately!

Endurance

• 1 month later...

I have my ears pierced and I had my cartilage pierced for awhile, but I don't wear earrings that often. Mostly on special occasions or when I absolutely feel like it.

And I never wear makeup. It makes me break out. I only wear it if I'm in a play or doing some kind of stage production or if it's Halloween.

I'm a huge tomboy.

Wings of a Dream

If not for my gothiness I wouldn't bother with make-up. As it is, I have my ears pierced twice on bother sides, my right eyebrow pierced and I wear pale foundation and black lipstick 80% of the time I got out the house.

I wear 3 earrings in each ear so far, but I plan on getting more, along with getting my eyebrow pierced. I haven't worn make-up in the past, but I'm going to start wearing eyeliner or something regularly just because it's different for me, not because I'm trying to attract guys. I sometimes wear cover-up if I feel particularly nasty, but I don't wear any other type of make-up because it would take too long to apply every day.

• 1 year later...
I don't wear earrings.

I wear a little lipstick, but I don't count that as wearing make-up.

This is me as well. I will wear lipstick for special occasions, like weddings or our annual semi-formal awards ceremony for work, but that's all. I didn't wear any make-up for my junior prom, so my mom actually paid me to wear lipstick to my senior prom. I think I got about $40. ;)

Earrings being used to attract mates? Huh... I must have been a very sexy baby then, my aunt had my ears pierced when I was six weeks old. =p

But once I was old enough to have a say on what people stuck on my ears, I stopped using them.

That happened to me, too. What possesses people to think that babies should have holes stuck in them in the name of beauty? I always hated it, especially since I was such a tomboy. Finally, around the age of 24, I went to a plastic surgeon and told him the scars bothered me. He had no problem getting rid of any lingering evidence of my mother's bad judgment. :)

• 2 weeks later...
These days I completely can't see the point in either. It's just something else to make me late in the mornings.

This sounds a lot like me. It's hard enough to match your clothing and get out of the house. I certainly don't want to iron them or anything. Bleh!

I'm more comfortable if people don't find me attractive. So I tend to pick clothing etc based purely on what's practical.

This is me, too! It's a lot nicer to dress comfortably and in a way that says you're professional but not interested. You command respect and look good, but most people can tell you're not on the market.

House of Chimeras

I don’t wear earrings or make-up. There not my thing. I dislike wearing making and avoid it as best I can and I refuse to put small holes in my ears (I’ve never had them pierced). Earrings and make-up look fine of people, I just don’t like them on my person personally.

• 3 weeks later...
gray_imagination

9 ear piercings. but they were always about ME and it never occurred to me that it had to do with attracting anything. Always hated makeup. Well, except as a 9 year old when I took the eyeshadow from my "aren't I a big girl" kiddie make up kit and made my face up like a ninja turtle.

I got a make up kit (real big girl one this time) for my 16th birthday in a very awkward attempt on the part of my parents to acknowledge I was a teenage girl. Pity I wasn't.

carried in bags

both. my piercings stay in, and i paint on make up whenever i can. nights out, family get togethers etc. i have been beaten up and come close to several more beating for it, but thats not gonna stop me

TheMelbourneMethod

In theory I wear earrings, as I have my ears pierced, but I almost never wear them wear them. I'm not very high maintenence about my appearance, and the bother of putting them in and taking them out and putting them in and taking them out is too much for my lazy self. Especially considering the bother when your hair tangles in them, you wear the wrong ones and look overdressed, they cost a bundle, etc.

I do wear make-up, though according to some people I know what I do doesn't count. My skin tends towards redness and I get acne pimples every now and then, so I use concealer on the zits and powder to even out the general skin tone. Not to hide my skin, but because, hey, I like a nice, even skin tone. Plus, since I started doing it my skin has been generally healthier even when it isn't on.

When my ears were pierced, I'd wear earrings. but the holes closed up.... I'm thinking about getting them redone.

As for the makeup, I can't go outside without makeup. Even though I only wear eyeliner and mascara, I'd feel naked without it.

No make-up. Earrings would require poking holes in my ears... *cringe*. I don't even like sticking things in my eyes, nevermind sticking a NEEDLE through my EARLOBE. Ouch.

Archived