Is this body dysmorphia?

andy33

Does anyone wish their  penis / breasts  were smaller? I have always wished that my penis was smaller since I was about 5years old. I don't hate being male, but I don't like any visual outline of it through clothing. 

AVEN #1 fan

Yeah. .. many men that can't wear tight pants.

Everybody has an different opinion on aesthetics.

And it's actually spelled "dysphoria ", contrary to "euphoria"

I always dress in a way to try and fly under the radar, since I don't want to be seen in any other way than for me. It would be a lot easier if I were a more average shape (I have like an hourglass going on), since it's not like I need aesthetics to achieve my goals. In fact, my success might even be hindered if I couldn't get people to think of me only in the context of my abilities and personality.

I can believe that's more common than a lot of AMABs let on, tbh :P 

butterflydreams
19 hours ago, Ricchan said:

I can believe that's more common than a lot of AMABs let on, tbh :P 

I don't think it's actually that common at all. Most AMAB people are cis, and as such, they don't really care. I know it's mind boggling to me, and extremely distressful for me but I've never heard any other guy say this. Even my friend, who I thought wouldn't care about something like that at all confessed to me that he used to measure it. He was surprised that I said I'd never done that, and even if I had, I'd have wished it was smaller.

Actually, learning about this kind of thing was so mind boggling to me. One of the things that really showed me my experience growing up were pretty different.

just an owl
23 hours ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

And it's actually spelled "dysphoria ", contrary to "euphoria"

Body dysmorphia is something separate from dysphoria. I can't say if it's what OP is talking about, though.

I do agree that it's probably a bit more of a thing than people may think because who's gunna talk about wanting smaller upstairs or downstairs when society views those things as major gender traits/"good points that shouldn't be smaller". People can certainly want smaller breasts for multiple reasons, so I don't see why it can't also be so for male bodied people.

• 1 year later...
soakedinbleach

I have always wished for smaller breasts, as early as they started to grow. They are size 70C and they get in my way so much. Also I just hate how they look, whenever I get out of the shower, I dress up as fast as I can so I don't have to look at them since we have a gigantic mirror in a bathroom. The only bras I wear are sports bras because that way I can hide them more easily. They have affected the way I dress so much. I don't wear tight clothes and always buy size M t-shirts even though I wear S. I just don't want people to see them as much because I don't like them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2018 at 11:45 AM, soakedinbleach said:

I have always wished for smaller breasts, as early as they started to grow. They are size 70C and they get in my way so much. Also I just hate how they look, whenever I get out of the shower, I dress up as fast as I can so I don't have to look at them since we have a gigantic mirror in a bathroom. The only bras I wear are sports bras because that way I can hide them more easily. They have affected the way I dress so much. I don't wear tight clothes and always buy size M t-shirts even though I wear S. I just don't want people to see them as much because I don't like them.

That's me. When i'm laying in bed & the quilt slips i instictly pull it up. I also wear medium t shirts. Same with sports bras. I would have surgery if i didn't have to jump through hoops. 

On 5/1/2017 at 12:27 AM, TopHatCat said:

I always dress in a way to try and fly under the radar, since I don't want to be seen in any other way than for me. It would be a lot easier if I were a more average shape (I have like an hourglass going on), since it's not like I need aesthetics to achieve my goals. In fact, my success might even be hindered if I couldn't get people to think of me only in the context of my abilities and personality.

I'm the same. I want to be known for my hobbies & personality, not for my body & guys seeing me as a sex object. 

Archived