Goodbye IP.Chat, hello ArrowChat!

Coleslaw

We're finalizing the moderation permissions and a tutorial for new users, but hoping to bring it live sooner than that!

NEW CHAT IS LIVE.

I will be implementing the tab version of the new chat this weekend, now that there isn't a URL conflict with the old IP.Chat. It will be back there again!

If you are looking for instructions on the new chat, please check out this resource: 

See you on the Chat!

Chat isn't showing up for me anymore. But it's not April 30th yet

Not a big deal but at one point my pop out chat stopped scrolling but i closed the window, reopened, and it started working fine. 

WünderBâhr
1 hour ago, Ace Teen said:

Chat isn't showing up for me anymore. But it's not April 30th yet

There should be a (purple?) menu bar at the bottom of the page, with chat as an icon in the bottom right, next to the hide chat icon.

Don't forget chat isn't on mobile AVEN, yet 

52 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

I can confirm this :D  I was looking for that chat icon and just thought it dissapeared, to realize it was only on my desktop!

I like the new chat for so far, it's really easy and it kinda looks like FB messenger-ish to me. Too bad the /me command dissapeared though but i'm pretty sure there are alot of other cool things i haven't discovered yet!

I miss being able to see who's in chat before jumping in, but I understand that it would be difficult to implement with the new 'multiple topics' system.

WünderBâhr
5 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

I am on my phone and chat works. My phone browser is opened to desktop and the mobile layout version, but yeah.. It shows up.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon
12 minutes ago, Ciri said:

I can't see the new chat at all :( 

Did you scroll all the way down of the index page? If you're on android you should be able to get into chat as well.

4 minutes ago, Shieldmaiden WinterDragon said:

Did you scroll all the way down of the index page? If you're on android you should be able to get into chat as well.

Tried everything :/ 

12 minutes ago, Ciri said:

It's not available on mobile Aven :P 

I don't know if you are using that but i just thought that could be the problem?

19 minutes ago, Ciri said:

I'll link you the thread and see if you can open it

37 minutes ago, Jayce said:

I don't know if you are using that but i just thought that could be the problem?

Do you have android?

WünderBâhr
1 hour ago, Jayce said:

I am using mobile AVEN on my Android (Samsung) phone through Chrome browser and it shows up just fine. I have posted this in several areas, including this thread.

49 minutes ago, Arrow89 said:

When will the chat be ready for mobile users?

There is no set date, currently, for mobile support. Coleslaw briefly covers that in the OP of this thread, as to why it may not be available, now. However, some mobile users, such as myself, do have access to chat. Android support may be part of what is provided with the basic license. We are still trying to figure out how it is a thing, given the understanding we received originally of no mobile support.

15 minutes ago, WünderBâhr said:

I am using mobile AVEN on my Android (Samsung) phone through Chrome browser and it shows up just fine. I have posted this in several areas, including this thread.

Same deal (phone OS and browser) but I don't see it, even when requesting desktop version of the site. Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'll stick to chatting at home for now.

WünderBâhr

I wonder if it has to do with version of Android or browser... *muses*

Edit: I just tested with my Samsung tablet and have no access, there. Interesting...

Btw, check out this thread in site info center for info we have about chat. It will likely be updated once more info is available.

16 hours ago, AmandaD said:

Not a big deal but at one point my pop out chat stopped scrolling but i closed the window, reopened, and it started working fine. 

I believe it does that if you've been idle for a while. Refreshing certainly can fix it, but did you try scrolling down after? I believe that should make it catch up. If you weren't idle (away for 5-10 minutes) or couldn't scroll at all, let staff know by posting in Site Comments!

3 hours ago, Arrow89 said:

When will the chat be ready for mobile users?

Mobile with be available in a few months, through some folks are having luck getting on chat by going on AVEN through desktop mode on there phone. I'm not really sure how to do so as I've only entered chat on my laptop, but I know some have had luck.

For those who have android or Chrome supported devices you can access chat through this link:

http://asexuality.org/en/arrowchat/public/popout/?cid=3&ah=1

It should not work on some devices but some were able to open it since it was launched.

6 minutes ago, Shieldmaiden WinterDragon said:

For those who have android or Chrome supported devices you can access chat through this link:

http://asexuality.org/en/arrowchat/public/popout/?cid=3&ah=1

if it does not open on you device then it will probably be the supporter your device uses.

Link no longer works. I think mobiles use isn't supposed to be available.

Just now, Ciri said:

Link no longer works. I think mobiles use isn't supposed to be available because cost.

Ok, I just tried the link I posted . It does not work, however I saved the link and can get in on mobile. I think a few others can get in on mobile to since it was launched last night.

dang no /me sounds like total hell how can I prank people by doing /me left the room ??? I do like the specific chat rooms, though. Cool!

13 minutes ago, cakeman said:

dang no /me sounds like total hell how can I prank people by doing /me left the room ??? I do like the specific chat rooms, though. Cool!

When people did that time stamps showed :P while if you really entered or left there was no time stamp :D so the prank never worked on me :P. However I love the new emojis :D

On 22.04.2017 at 0:27 PM, Skycaptain said:

:mellow::( 

Archived