Announcing the International Asexuality Conference, 2 July 2017

michaeld

On behalf of the Asexual Visibility and Education Network (AVEN) and Asexual Community España (ACEs), I am pleased to officially announce the confirmation of the International Asexuality Conference! This event will take place at the Círculo de Bellas Artes on Sunday 2 July 2017 in central Madrid during WorldPride 2017. It will be free to all (lunch and cake will be provided!) and will be accessible to anyone who knows English and/or Spanish.

To sign up, please click here: https://goo.gl/forms/9NU4MulvRZgORXLf2.

This will be the third time the asexual community will hold an international conference on asexuality. Like the past two conferences, which were held in London during WorldPride 2012 and in Toronto during WorldPride 2014, respectively, this conference will have participants from many different countries, including Spain, France, the UK, USA, and Canada, among others. There will be individual discussions, presentations, and panels featuring some of the leading asexual activists around the world, including David Jay, the founder of AVEN.

If you need help with travel arrangements, accommodation booking, or getting to the conference, do not hesitate to contact us. We are willing to help make this event as accessible as possible.

Many thanks especially to Baikal, Timewarp, virtua and Winterdragon for the help with arranging the booking of the venue and the preparation of the registration form.  In addition, thank you to everyone who has offered to help publicise the conference. I will be contacting you all individually over the next few days.

If anyone else would like to help (e.g. designing posters for distributing in LGBTQ+ and other venues in Madrid, helping us spread the word online) please send me a PM. Lastly, if you have any questions, comments, and/or concerns, please feel free to post them below or email us at aceconference2017@gmail.com.

[We have a dedicated forum for WorldPride planning - see here - and I intend for this to be moved there in due course. I just thought it could use a bit of extra visibility in announcements first.]

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

It was my first time helping, I look forward to helping more in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

That's great. Wish that I could join.  But I'm sure I'll have enough money to attend the event some other time. 

Enjoy:D

• 1 month later...
Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

So wish I could come to this... even if we had the money my mom would never let me go... Maybe when I'm older there will be one closer to where I am that I can go to. =) 

SithAzathoth WinterDragon
12 hours ago, AntiSocial-Butterfly said:

So wish I could come to this... even if we had the money my mom would never let me go... Maybe when I'm older there will be one closer to where I am that I can go to. =) 

Best of luck for the future eventsif ylu can go, hope that all of those who are going, great luck and have fun!

Archived