have you met someone with similar personality as you ?

arekathevampyre

arekathevampyre
5 hours ago, Lifesaver said:

I am most similar with my closest friend's husband. We think very similarly (I am more mild tempered though).

We are scary alike sometimes.

Well they say you should marry your best friend...

That's interesting !! :)

does he know about that ? 

LadyWallflower

I don't think so, which is a good thing, because I have a very unlikeable personality! But something like that is hard to change...

5 hours ago, arekathevampyre said:

That's interesting !! :)

does he know about that ? 

Oh yes, we often joke I am him...but sensible :)

Sometimes he does 'a thing'  and I have to explain to her why that was a perfectly reasonable reaction to her (as per our way of thinking).

It's hilarious

arekathevampyre
10 minutes ago, Lifesaver said:

Oh yes, we often joke I am him...but sensible :)

Sometimes he does 'a thing'  and I hsve to explain to her why that was a perfectly reasonable reaction to her (as per our way of thinking).

It's hilarious

:D

Yes, my Father.

He's not with us anymore, but I'm so much like him it's awe inducing.

It’s very hard to say... my personality revolves around not showing my inner self on the surface and being secretly very empathetic and jumping to conclusions make sense, but don’t have a good train of thought lol

So I wouldn’t know. But since I don’t, let’s say no.

I WOULD LOVE TO THO

arekathevampyre

@Maks9090

Sounds a lot like me lol 

But yeah , if you were to meet that person , do go forward and befriend them . And who knows ? They may turn out to be your bff ? :D Good luck and may the two of you cross paths one day !! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I don't think I have... however that can be because I'm not very good at guessing how people think, so maybe I did and never noticed. 

I've met some that align or are similar to the majority of my personality, but never the full thing. I do have a twin on AVEN

I've met people with similar to temperments and/or ways of going about problems/planning and such, but never a "twin."  Humans are far too complex to find an exact match personality-wise.

4 minutes ago, kiaroskuro said:

Personality? I don't even have one

How does one not have a personality?

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

There's been a moment in my life when I thought so but I was diluded by personal hopes and dreams. So...no. I haven't met anyone to share similiar personalities yet.

23 minutes ago, asshole said:

How does one not have a personality?

I'm just a black hole of nothingness, don't tell me you haven't met one before.

Depression and the things/people that have caused it seem to have devoured anything that might resemble a personality, at least it feels that way.

Just now, kiaroskuro said:

I'm just a black hole of nothingness, don't tell me you haven't met one before.

Depression and the things/people that have caused it seem to have devoured anything that might resemble a personality, at least it feels that way.

I honestly haven't met someone with no personality, no. I know what it's like to feel like you don't have one... I've struggled with fairly severe mental health issues all my life, including depression for over 20 years... but I think that even when we feel like there's nothing to who we are, other people still see it.

35 minutes ago, asshole said:

I honestly haven't met someone with no personality, no. I know what it's like to feel like you don't have one... I've struggled with fairly severe mental health issues all my life, including depression for over 20 years... but I think that even when we feel like there's nothing to who we are, other people still see it.

Yes, it feels like I don't have one. I don't know about you, but for me it's one of the worst feelings in the world.

I guess I'm just being very cynical about anything and everything at the moment. Oh wait, isn't that a personality trait?

No, I haven't. I hardly meet any other introverts, and people with similar hobbies as me don't quite have the same personality as me.

• 1 month later...
J. van Deijck

recently I did. it's my Belgian friend's son.

he is only 12, but when I look at him, I see myself from 16 years ago. even now we share lots of similarities, he is basically like a younger version of me. it's not physical similarity, but it's a similarity in our behaviour, personalities, things we like. this is so unbelievable and striking.

physically he is completely different. I have always been tall and generally quite big, and he is just a tiny kid that looks more like he wasn't older than 9. that's it.

the funniest thing is that we basically don't speak to each other. all because I am silent by nature and he is very shy towards people other than his dad. nevertheless, I like him dearly. he is a brilliant kid.

I guess some college students that lived across me were like me but no one is even similar to me.

Janus the Fox

my current BF have very close personalities along with similar circumstances, interests including shared disabilities also a similar course of life, even if the outcome of such is different.  I don't think there are very many with an almost exact life to oneself, kind of freaky and lucky all probabilities considered.

A similar personality to me? 🤔 

Hmm, well, there's my brother, but I'm not sure if he counts, heh... 😅 

So, it'd have to be someone who's also shy, introverted and highly sensitive then? Yeah, I'm sure that I have. The problem with meeting someone who's shy is that, well, they're SHY. It's kinda easy to scare us at times! 🤣

I've met people with strong elements or aspects of a similar personality to me, but never just like me.
That's partially on account of the fact that I have multiple personalities, and not that it's uncommon, but having a single personality and having a similar personality to another person with a single personality is statistically MUCH more probable than having multiple distinct identities and identity states that can be shared with another person. And at this point, mental illness, trauma, and specifically DID and related disorders have SO much stigma that I've only met a handful of people who I've known to have a dissociative disorder like mine. Even though the odds of developing a dissociative disorder of this severity are estimated around 1-3%, that's still millions of people affected. But there are also a bunch of these other aspects of life intrinsically tied to my identity that have been quantifiable and estimated to exist in around 1% of the general population (or otherwise low percentages of the population), and I guess those things in my life add up quickly. Like it'd be statistically improbable for me to meet someone similar enough to myself to even make the comparison here.
Not to say that I'm super unique or different, but even from a mathematical standpoint, I can't say I have met anyone THAT similar to me.

Archived