have you met someone with similar personality as you ?

arekathevampyre

5 hours ago, Ricchan said:

I am not :mad:

Sure sure sure sure sure sure sure sure sure sure sure sure sure sure sure sure sure whatever you say

(but you are)

arekathevampyre
9 hours ago, Mauru said:

I met a guy whose personality was mine taken to extreme. It was scary. 

Yup definitely was when I met edward haha

Nope. I rather met people who have opposite personality to mine. I think that when I met someone who is my mirror reflction it will be disaster.

Nope. I run about two standard deviations apart from most societal norms, physically and psychologically, so it's unlikely I'll ever meet my doppelganger. It hasn't stopped me from having good friends, though. They're just very different from me.

When I was in a group home, one of the other ladies and I hit it off really well. Our humor and sarcasm combined to annoy the staff :D We still stay in contact. I can now say I had 2 female friends in my lifetime :) 

Yes most of my childhood friends had similar personalities but everyone became very different as we got older.  most of us lost touch

Only twice, both times during college. They were in college longer than I was, so they already graduated by now.

...huh...I think I actually miss them. I used to move around a lot, so after a while, I usually don't bother feeling that way.

• 9 months later...
J. van Deijck

@Antihero.

sorry I had to say it loud :D

175004355_5a82d2ac70_b.jpg

Never. I fall into too many groups at the same time. I am a big geek. I am a military veteran. I want everyone to have equal basic human rights. I want the government to stay out of my business. I'm a gamer. I'm an atheist. I'm married, without kids of my own... I could go on, but I think the point is clear enough.

Why yes. By accident. In high school. We're best pals to these days.

Never. I have one friend who shares a lot of interests with me but her personality is consistent with the stereotypical "nice Canadian."

I have an intense personality; I'm analytical, straight-forward, philosophical, and hate repetition. I can draw, sculpt, play the cello, appreciate satirical fiction, recall and enjoy much history, and love science/math. But not geology. Whenever I post, I spend a disproportionate amount of time reworking my diction/grammar so my sentences will be efficient and precise.

I usually avoid physical contact with people but actively seek it with every dog I can. Singing can never illicit a sad emotional response from me but violin/cello absolutely can-however, it must be solo in order to succeed.

I'll develop moderate skill in something I don't like just so people can't argue that I don't like said thing from a lack of ability-I'm sort of a jack of all trades and aim to die a master. I have an extremely strong sense of justice, and will go out of my way to make sure people are treated fairly in the most minuscule of daily interactions.

I have a couple friends with similar personalities;  one is like I'd imagine myself to be if I were a sarcastic 80 year old cat lady, another is me but more prudish/standoffish, another is me but likes yelling a lot.  We all have strong personalities, but get along swimmingly.

That said, I'm not sure if any of them would say our personalities are so similar--apparently I'm a bit too much "chaos incarnate". :P 

paperbackreader

It's quite disconcerting - most of the time people find me a little odd / can't work out why I think in a certain way. You'd meet some that's interested to ask why and want to get to know you better and over time work out each other's rationale. Others that just shrug and accept you because you're nice, and yet others that find you abhorrent and doesn't want to interact at all.

Then one day, this kid walks in to my life. You know that classic finish off each other's sentences and echo each other's thoughts exactly, or being able to explain each other's rationale without having discussed it prior? We're like that for practically everything except maybe our music, food and scheduling preferences. 

Almost every time we broach a deep subject, or discuss strategy. It's like having a 88% thought doppelganger only the kiddo's a bit younger and of the opposite sex!!!!!!!!! 

Edit: We're not an item and I don't think kiddo classifies as a crush / squish / whatever else - I guess if anything I see kiddo as a pseudo-sibling that I get along with :-)

Fantastic Name

My father and I are pretty much clones of each other in personality. It's kinda frightening. :D

Other than that, I'm the only one like me I've ever known.

Not really. Most people, even the quieter ones, seem to be more outwardly emotionally stable than me. I did meet one person who had similar emotional outbursts to me, but he was very talkative, whereas I am quiet.

Yes, I did!

I've met two people who were like me in very different ways.

The first being my ex; we relate to each other, despite being nearly polar opposites in other things. We instantly click whenever we get the chance to speak to each other, and we have similar tastes in TV shows / anime and morals / personal beliefs.

The second is one of my best friends; we're both pretty emotional people, so we just understand each other when one of us is having a low day. We also have nearly identical taste in music, and I never have to feel ashamed when sharing a song I like because of that.

And something they both share is that they're both my hype buddies! My ex will hype me about ranting and "taking down" people [which I have not done omg;;], while my friend celebrates my successes.

Yes!

It was an amazing experience, we immediately hit it off. We formed a very close bond that lasted for a couple of years...

But then we had a nasty breakup and, long story short, we basically bacame enemies. Now THAT was weird. Just magine your mirror reflection trying to hurt you!

WhatEverDontCare

I meet people that have SOME personality traits similar to mine, but never someone who is fully similar to me. I don't know if it's because I'm weird and actually different from the majority of people, or because I struggle to relate to them. Maybe both.

NotGojoSatoru
22 hours ago, WhatEverDontCare said:

I meet people that have SOME personality traits similar to mine, but never someone who is fully similar to me.

Same here. Many times I thought that I met someone who was similar to me, two meetings laters I would find out that it is just a few traits that over lap. So far it has just been anime, shared living spaces and mythology.

But I haven't really found anyone who is like me. I am uniquely Amazing! :D

I have a coworker with a very, very similar personality.  I mean, we do have personal differences, but as far as work is concerned, we tend to think the same way and it makes it super easy to work with him.  :) 

There's one person I know that is just like I am and not to anyone's surprise like everyone else who is similar to me I dislike them.

NerotheReaper

A few times, similar traits but hasn't always worked out for the best. Other people there are enough differences, but enough similarities to get along with.  

Never met anyone like me. People often think I’m weird. But that’s okay, that’s just who I am XD Although I often feel like people get bored of me really fast. Kinda lonely at the moment.. 

Sorry, didn’t want this to end up being sad 😅

• 2 weeks later...

I am most similar with my closest friend's husband. We think very similarly (I am more mild tempered though).

We are scary alike sometimes.

Well they say you should marry your best friend...

Archived