have you met someone with similar personality as you ?

arekathevampyre

Grumpy Alien

Nope

Félinferno

Eh, not really. I've met people with similar interests and whatnot, but personality wise we were pretty different.

NerotheReaper

Not entirely sure what you mean by character, if you mean personality wise I have yet to come across someone like me. 

Dark General

Nope, I've met people with similar interests to me, but I've never met someone who is like me.

J. van Deijck

yeah, even here. :P I mean we have some interests in common, a similar point of view on some things and similar sense of humour, and I'm actually happy to see I'm not the only one. :D

it always makes me happy when I meet people who have at least one thing in common with me. I enjoy being unique, but it's always nice when you can share a little bit of your world with someone who will actually appreciate it.

divided_sky

Somewhat. I've met people who are very sarcastic and make arcane references and can roll with my sense of humor. I value that tremendously. It can be difficult to deal with me, so if they are similar enough to be able to do so, it's pretty cool. Usually they are a pain in the ass to be friends with as well, though, so it all evens out. If you're looking for a good reliable friend, I'm not your man. If you're looking for bitchy arguments, terrible jokes, occasional drama, and believing I'm smarter than everyone, then we will get along.

Guest Lady.Lizard

I've found someone recently who is very similar. Developed quite a strong crush on them, but they don't think we'd be 'compatible'. :( (their loss :lol:

I might have, can't be sure though. I mean there are some people that I've simply taken notice of in my observations in their actions. I can see how I'd feel like we were similar if the person is usually quiet, by themselves, and tuning everyone else out. That can apply to various personality types though, and I don't go around looking for people who are too similar to me. That would be...boring! :lol: But, if we have certain common interests, like video games, the same music tastes or even a little sense of adventure, I could see us hanging out and being good friends. We would probably either bore each other to tears or butt heads if we had to be in the company of each other for too long though. We would both want to do our own things whenever we wanted, and will not have our freedom trampled on to come and go as well please. :P

Mychemicalqpr

Likeness is relative... Sometimes I relate to people that you'd think ought to be really different from me. My zucchini is an extrovert who likes parties and wants to try marijuana and casual sex when she's old enough. It seems like we should be opposites, yet somehow we understand each other better than anyone else. We're both fiercely individualistic even if it means being lonely freaks. That and having a shared passion for performance are probably what drew us together. Our interests aren't perfectly matched, but she's probably the closest person I know in that sense. We've built what I can only describe as a shared creative rather than logical mind palace. 

I dated someone that I thought was a lot like me. Maybe he was at the time. Like me, he was pretending that he was perfectly content with not fitting in anywhere and acted too proud of it. He was also going through being disillusioned and disappointed by the world. He was depressed, and I was in denial, but I was too. We spent a year and a half being nihilistic and thinking we were the only two people in the world who ever questioned anything (my zucchini is a bit younger than me and hadn't gotten to that mental stage yet). In the beginning, he was more progressive than me, but he stayed where he was while I eventually became more open-minded than him, and that is what broke us up. Feeling similar to someone can be temporary. I wouldn't say I regret it though. I helped him through a very hard time... Somehow. 

Those are both debatable examples, but that's all I've got. 

I feel like I'm a pretty complicated person, but maybe everyone feels that way, so it's hard to say. 

I probably just took this way more seriously than intended, but I'm getting tired of deleting stuff all the time, so... don't like don't read. 

SorryNotSorry

Yes, date #5.

Adam_Jensen

Nah not really but that's not saying much since I'm a hermit and all so yea.......

No, there is no one else with my character.

chair jockey

"Character" is a nineteenth-century concept that is not valid, and we've known for about a hundred years that it isn't valid. For example, that my mental illness is "a flaw in character" and therefore makes me "of bad character." That's how the word "character" is properly used.

If a different word was intended here I'd like to know.

Every time I meet someone like me, we end up hating each other. @Chikane-Chan is probably the closest, that didn't involve initial dislike. But this was back when I first joined, and I have changed a lot since then. So it might not be true anymore.

Not at all. I think I'm fairly unique. When I go out into the world I meet people who just seem to be basic carbon copies of each other, very few unique people. Then again, maybe those people think the same of me.

yes, it was creepy almost. only at first glance tho.

we totally hit it off, then fought and hated each others guts, not surprised about that :lol: 

Hm...I definitely met someone who reminded me of me, but we had so many differences I wouldn't say we were actually "similar."  It was just the impression of similarity, if that makes any sense.

arekathevampyre
1 hour ago, chair jockey said:

"Character" is a nineteenth-century concept that is not valid, and we've known for about a hundred years that it isn't valid. For example, that my mental illness is "a flaw in character" and therefore makes me "of bad character." That's how the word "character" is properly used.

If a different word was intended here I'd like to know.

yup I amended it . personality is a more fitting word

Not me, but I believe I've met someone (coworker) who is similar to my brother.

Both are similar in that they wear their heart on their sleeves; nonexistent poker face; sensitive; are obviously led by their heart and they both take things more personally than they should.

The biggest difference is that she's around 50 years old, so I think she can manage herself a bit better. My brother still struggles a lot with his own anxieties and insecurities. Plus my coworker complains a lot more than he does, haha!!

1 hour ago, Josie P said:

Only difference is that Ric is a much better person than me :P 

I am not :mad:

I met a guy whose personality was mine taken to extreme. It was scary. 

drjohnhwatson

It happens from time-to-time.  I had one person who seemed to like every single thing I did and vice versa and it was really cool, but our acquaintanceship didn't last long.

Shame, shame.  It's so hard for me to find people with which to vibe.

:(.

Archived