Welcome our new Training Team!

ithaca

Hey everyone,

I'm happy to announce that the Admod Team and the Board of Directors have collaborated in creating and appointing a new team of volunteers with the specific purpose of helping new staff members learn the ropes and get more comfortable in their roles. The new team members have been selected from a group of former Admods with enough experience and time available to devote to this project. The process has involved a selection, screening, and team's vote on names provided by both the BoD and the volunteer teams; all the names proposed were highly trusted people, whom we thank for agreeing to volunteer and we might contact in the future should the need arise.

The team for now consists of 3 people, namely @WünderBâhr, @McFace Owly Owl and @Larien, to whom I offer my congratulations, and my welcome back to the staff team!

This is one of the results of a project that started with a survey in 2016 to see where Admods felt the need for more support, and how they felt in their roles. It goes to fill the expressed need for a more structured training and clearer rules and procedure, where previously the mentoring happened with already super-busy Admod team members. The Training Team members will have access to Admods Only and, when necessary, one of them will also have access to the ACP (Admin Control Panel) to teach new Admins their buttons.

The only major difference for people joining the Admod team from today onward is that there will be mandatory training (where before it was voluntary) at the fabulous hands of the Training Team. 

Please, send your questions, messages of joy and congrats here! :D 

Thank you, Ith. We hope to help alleviate some of the concerns the admods and the members have been having. 

We are (mostly) a group that the members will not need to contact, but, as with everything on AVEN if you have questions or concerns that you think a trainer should know about, my PM box is always open. 

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Congrats, Bahr, Owly, and Larien

Guest And Peggy
Just now, skıt said:

No, they won't. 

aw I wish they did, it looks better that way

but the new team is awesome nonetheless :D 

51 minutes ago, CakeSpadeAce said:

Cool, congrats :D 

Will they get a special color (like red is for Admins, green is for mods, etc.?)

As users don't really need to find us, we don't need a color to stand out. :) The admods will be able to reach us through various methods. 

13 minutes ago, CakeSpadeAce said:

@McFace Owly Owl Ah, that makes sense.

This is way off topic but also I have just realized that your avatar is an owl photoshopped on a polar bear and I am mesmerized :P 

I just noticed that too! The avatar had always been too small for my eyes. 

15 minutes ago, CakeSpadeAce said:

@McFace Owly Owl Ah, that makes sense.

This is way off topic but also I have just realized that your avatar is an owl photoshopped on a polar bear and I am mesmerized :P 

My avatar is a picture of mine and Josie P's love child, she is a bear and I am an owl. So, our babies were owlbears. ;)

Look forward to working with you all :) 

Congrats guys! Always appreciate all the time people have put into making this site amazing, and it's great to know there is now more support for the folks doing it.

Plus I couldn't have picked 3 more awesome peeps for the role!

WünderBâhr
5 hours ago, McFace Owly Owl said:

My avatar is a picture of mine and Josie P's love child, she is a bear and I am an owl. So, our babies were owlbears. ;)

I was about to say.. I better not hear about paternity tests...

Welcome our new trainers (and forgive the bad pun)!

https://fashaddict.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/nike78-erica-dorn.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lKKbHLgxpQM/TtZHoIs8dXI/AAAAAAAAAeU/o5iiYfXWh4w/s1600/Converse+Logo.JPG

15 hours ago, McFace Owly Owl said:

As users don't really need to find us, we don't need a color to stand out. :) The admods will be able to reach us through various methods. 

Awww, I was hoping for new colors:(, but congrats still to you 3.

1 hour ago, Togee said:

Awww, I was hoping for new colors:(, but congrats still to you 3.

Purple would have been pretty to see around AVEN :'( 

Welcome back everyone :cake::cake::cake:

Archived