If your life was like a movie. Which genre would it be?

PHOENIX97

Comedy. Even though I don't find my life funny, a lot of people are cruel and like to laugh at it. For example, I am very tall for my age, and a few years ago I tried to hang myself, but I had not hung the noose high enough and I just stood there crying, confused on what to do. A couple years later, I was in a much better place and had started to trust someone, so I shared that story for the first time. They laughed, and word of me being "too tall to die" spread throughout the school, and now most people treat me like a joke. (Sorry if this got a bit dark and/or long)

Chamomile_Serenity

I imagine it to be like a great Bollywood film it's a little bit of everything: comedy, romance, some cool fight scene, a little mystery and then usually ends with an amazing song and dance number. 

• 1 month later...

Entirely slapstick comedy

Some kind of incomprehensible black-and-white artist flick taking eight hours to watch, seven of which have no perceptible plot or action whatsoever.

theotherpope

A musical. I'd want it all singing and all dancing, except it would be screeching and dancing badly

There would be cut scenes where I would walk off and belt out a solo (nothing under 6 minutes is acceptable) and when it was all done absolutely nothing would have been furthered plot wise and the audience is left confused and wondering if there was some kind of clever subtext going on that they missed.

There's no clever subtext. It's just me wailing at them for those 6 minutes. 

Grumpy Alien

One of those boring indie films that’s a depressing slice of life with no real resolution at the end and a couple of moderately funny lines thrown in

Suspense.

Hayis4horses

A happy one, so I could get rid of all of my problems. 🙃

I'd like to believe it'd be a inspirational movie...

Overcoming mental illness, grief, etc.

Using your limitations to help people...

Sometimes hope and faith is all I have, I'm trying to make to best of it.

usernotfound

It would mostly be about being a teenager and trying to make everything go right but I find the key is “don’t try” because when I try a lot of drama happen and I try to reach the best version of myself so I think Drama.

A cheesy inspirational drama/comedy.

On 6/5/2018 at 4:36 AM, A.R.B. said:

Comedy. Even though I don't find my life funny, a lot of people are cruel and like to laugh at it. For example, I am very tall for my age, and a few years ago I tried to hang myself, but I had not hung the noose high enough and I just stood there crying, confused on what to do. A couple years later, I was in a much better place and had started to trust someone, so I shared that story for the first time. They laughed, and word of me being "too tall to die" spread throughout the school, and now most people treat me like a joke. (Sorry if this got a bit dark and/or long)

Did that really happen? Bastards. I can't even imagine how that must have made you feel. 😔

Those kind of stories can really make you lose your faith in humanity. I have long since lost mine ...

My life is more of an absurdist TV sitcom. Some sort of Seinfeld-style observational comedy.

Mine would be 90 minutes of black screen.  I'm so damned boring!

DazzlingGirl16

Animation and Live Action (like "Who Framed Roger Rabbit").

On 7/31/2018 at 9:21 AM, kiaroskuro said:

Did that really happen? Bastards. I can't even imagine how that must have made you feel. 😔

Those kind of stories can really make you lose your faith in humanity. I have long since lost mine ...

Yeah, it really happened. But maybe losing faith in humanity is a good thing! I mean, what has humanity done for me lately? 😂

The first half could possibly be a boring medical documentary. The second half is more along the lines of a terrible, vastly overlong experimental art film about a mentally ill paraplegic man who does almost nothing useful or productive and spends most of his time sitting silently in a chair at his computer or staring at a plain white wall and thinking while holding his cats. 

Perfectly Pointless

Probably a really cheesy rom com, sort of like asexual Bridget Jones except I don't end up with the love interest at the end :D

Like where the main character is so awkward it makes you cringe but it's so funny you can't stop watching it. :D

SpookyNameHere

A dark comedic horror/mystery/thriller that ends on a cliffhanger and has no sequel just to irritate people :P

Archived