What Temperature to Preheat Oven To?

Starry Sky

Question

Please help!! I was going to bake some muffins tonight and the recipe says it yields eight muffins, however, my batch filled all twelve holes in the muffin tin. While I am ecstatic that I will have four extra muffins than the amount anticipated, I have found myself in quite the predicament... If the recipe says to preheat the oven to 350 fahrenheit for eight muffins, how much higher do I need to set it for twelve muffins!?!?

11 answers to this question

350 for 8 makes it about 45 degrees per muffin.  I would set it for about 525 to maintain that per muffin average and  to make sure they are cooked thoroughly 

Best thing to do is sprinkle thermite over the muffins and set the oven to 1000 degrees kelvin. Will be done in no time.

Oh and remember this phone number in case of emergancy: 0118999881999119725

8 hours ago, Starry Sky said:

I'm sorry guys, it seems my oven can only go up to 500 degrees fahrenheit :wacko: Is there a way to change it to celsius? Maybe it'll go higher in that temperature scale. 

Take them to a steelworks, they have blast furnaces that go up to 1300 degrees - your muffins will be perfect! :)

Thanks everyone for helping out!! I decided to bake them at 500 degrees for an hour. They turned out a bit crispy but they still smelt good. Made me reminisce a little about going camping with my family when I was younger. I'm sure my new neighbors enjoyed them. Their faces lit up with an unexplainable smile when I came over to give them the muffins as a welcome to the neighborhood gift :) Might just make them some more!!!!

Guest And Peggy

You need to multiply the extra amount of muffins by twenty, which is eighty, and than multiply that by 350. The muffins might turn out a little crispy and black, but it doesn't affect the taste.

Oh, thank you so much! So I will need to set it 28000 degrees, then? I hope my oven will go up that high :unsure: It's going to take a long time just to set it up there let alone heat since it only goes by increments of five, but I will try. 

Also, does anyone know if I need to cook it for a different amount of time? The recipe say twenty minutes but again, I have four extra muffins to deal with. 

the original recipe should be fine. bake them for the usual amount and check to see if they're cooked well. stick a toothpick in one of them or something. if they're still undercooked then leave them in for a few more minutes. es sencillo.

edit: hold up, I just asked my mom lol. if you spread the batter out into 12 muffins instead of 8, then you'll have 12 slightly smaller muffins right? in that case, they'll burn faster. cook them for a less amount of time. like maybe check on them after 15 minutes just to be safe.

Guest And Peggy

18 minutes ago, Starry Sky said:

Also, does anyone know if I need to cook it for a different amount of time? The recipe say twenty minutes but again, I have four extra muffins to deal with. 

In that case, multiply the extra muffins by 100, which is 400, than multiply that by twenty which equates to roughly five days. Hope that helps :P 

I'm sorry guys, it seems my oven can only go up to 500 degrees fahrenheit :wacko: Is there a way to change it to celsius? Maybe it'll go higher in that temperature scale. 

Archived