Growing Your Own: What did you grow / raise / harvest?

Muledeer

Yesterday, I pruned all of the fruit trees.  Apple, pear, and plum.   It has been a few years since they were pruned, and I like to get that task done before they break bud.  These trees were planted by my father about sixty years ago.  I don't really like fruit, but I keep them going and give away the fruit they produce, which diminishes each year.

• Like 5
Myssterry
2 hours ago, Muledeer said:

Yesterday, I pruned all of the fruit trees.  Apple, pear, and plum.   It has been a few years since they were pruned, and I like to get that task done before they break bud.  These trees were planted by my father about sixty years ago.  I don't really like fruit, but I keep them going and give away the fruit they produce, which diminishes each year.

My apple trees were my dad's, and he grafted them too. They are about the same age as yours.

• Like 4

The seed sowing has begun...

Rqw95Ow.jpeg

I've got spinach, bell peppers, and two different types of tomato seeds in my kitchen windowsill here waiting to germinate. I also bought a couple of seed potatoes yesterday- I'm going to try growing spuds this year!

I'm crossing my fingers hoping that I stored my seeds from last year properly, so that they're still viable and didn't die over the winter. I'm especially anxious about the tomato seeds, because those were the first seeds I've ever harvested/cleaned/dried myself directly from organic tomatoes. We shall see in a few weeks!

• Like 7
On 3/20/2024 at 5:46 AM, Muledeer said:

and give away the fruit they produce

I wish I lived closer. 🍎🍐🍇

(No plum emoji, so had to settle for grapes, but like plums better!)

• Like 3