Any AVEN DnD players?

Bat_Thingie

Bat_Thingie

Well, DnD and any other tabletop rpg here. I personally play DnD (Both 3.5 and 5E), Superheroes Unlimited, and Pathfinder. Have done WoD (Vampire and Werewolf) in the past but those games sadly fell through. Lets talk RPGs!

AshenPhoenix

I play 5e, I've only been playing it for a year or so and I've not played any other edition.

Currently I'm building my own campaign in the background while playing a excessively homebrew campaign with a small group of friends online. Probably the best fun I've ever had and an absolutely beautiful outlet for creativity, since my DM lets me get super creative with things since the setting is basically already one big middle finger to traditional DnD rules.

Mychemicalqpr

I have played Pathfinder and am somewhat familiar with DnD if you count Order of The Stick. 

chair jockey

I used to be an extremely bad DnD player and general tabletop RPer but wasn't bad as a DM or GM.

While in-person play is ideal, I don't have a lot of gaming stamina for long in-person sessions. Remote tabletop RPing (first through BBS messages and later through forum posts and Skype) worked better for me. My real issue was that I played super badly and when I was DM or GM the games always ended up petering out.

With there being some interest in text-based software games, I've thought about turning a module into a text DnD game, but haven't found a suitable game engine for it. Text game engines don't have too much in the way of die-based combat.

Reporting for duty! :D

Playing 5e right now, but I've also played 4e, 3.5, and ADnD, as well as a whole bunch of other pen and paper systems in the past xD

Knight of Cydonia

I've been in a 4e campaign for a few years now. We started as level 8's and now are in the mid 20's, so it's been a pretty long journey. Tons of fun although these days it's hard for us all to meet up, so unfortunately we haven't played in a few months.

I also played Baldur's Gate 2 when I was a kid which I guess was my first taste of DnD. 

I play D&D (mostly 3rd edition, still some 1st and 2nd edition from time to time), MERP/Rolemaster, and the occasional other RPG from time to time. I'm still trying to get a group together in person for Traveller, but no luck thus far. 

I've been playing D&D in some form for a long time now. Lately I've mostly been playing D&D and GMing MERP, but I switch back and forth. I enjoy both, but I suppose I'd say I ultimately enjoy GMing more. My usual game with my family has as all taking turns DMing in any case, so I get to do plenty of both. Our MERP campaign is relatively new, but our D&D campaign has been going on for the last twelve years or so, and has seen the PCs -- although none of them are the original characters at this point -- go from first level to sixtieth level. 

I also play computer games based on D&D, my favourites of which are the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games. I still have a soft spot for AD&D rules, especially in computer games. I never liked 4th edition, but 5th seemed pretty decent in the playtest. I've not had a reason to play a campaign with those rules yet, though. 

Sort of, at the moment not and never in person. It would take too long to explain. :P

DnD3.5 by the way.

Used to play AD&D, currently main 3.5, played one session of Pathfinder and looked at the Player's Handbook for 5E.

I have played Pathfinder and 5E. They're fun! Good games to play! Been really hard finding or keeping together a decent group though, both times so far fell apart after the 4th or so session due to other commitments.

Bat_Thingie

So many people! I wasn't expecting many replies! This is awesome! Anyone care to share a current character or all time favorites? Lets tell stories, I'm totally nerding out right now!

A few of my characters:

3.5 I have an aasimar dragon shaman. A weird combo but it surprisingly works, I'm the teams healer/spell caster and also have the highest charisma, it's weird.
Superheroes unlimited I have a psychic who is technically the Anti-christ, in a sense. In this world demon's and angels are based off of aliens and somewhere down her father's line her family was experimented on and had the "demon" dna implanted in someone, thus she is part alien and highly psychic. 
My 5e character is a human barbarian who comes from a tribe up North of all women, Northern Amazons basically, who herd reindeer and do lots of trading and junk with local dwarves and orcs. I'm the tank with a gnome druid and a half-elf wizard for companions, fun times!

I've played some DnD before, but I live away from friends who would be willing to play with me so I just listen to the Adventure Zone podcast and pine about all the fun I'm missing out on haha. I'd really like to get into it more or join some online groups.

nerdperson777

I have played two tabletop games before but don't have a regular group.  I found it fun so I would definitely play again.

One game I was a cat mage in a white robe with no spells (for some reason?) but I managed to whack a buff enemy with my staff to death.  My friends and I almost all drowned in a river in the middle of a town because no one can swim.  We only got out because one friend got enough luck to re-roll and get us out.  Before that, we ran across rooftops away from cops and landed on hobos.  It was an odd game.

<No longer active>

My dad used to play it loads and he's just bought two manuals and is re-rolling all his old characters in order to join his local group. I've been invited to join too, after exams, but I want an androgynous character and my dad is very NO on all things gender... Ah well. I was thinking an elf/half-elf/drow sorcerer or ranger...

Bat_Thingie
1 hour ago, rivkael said:

My dad used to play it loads and he's just bought two manuals and is re-rolling all his old characters in order to join his local group. I've been invited to join too, after exams, but I want an androgynous character and my dad is very NO on all things gender... Ah well. I was thinking an elf/half-elf/drow sorcerer or ranger...

See, Elves are kinda androgynous anyway so you are totally in the clear! Even the males have a bit more feminine features and the women are much more slender and stuff so being androgynous and an elf isn't out of the world of possibility. Have you ever played before?

Archived