What is 2017 to you?

Pizza Seawitch

Pizza Seawitch

We're almost in the fourth month of 2017! Wow! Where has the time gone?! I got to thinking about the rest of the year and was curious about you guys.

What are you looking forward to in 2017? 

I just got a new car back in October and after the holidays and some planning I finally have some adventures ahead!

I'm an Uncle, that happened already haha. A week ago. So that's new territory and some excitement in my life!

But besides that I have a beach trip planned in May for my birthday. 8 hour drive but I'm excited to have sand between my toes and get to go kind of crazy lol. It's well over due.

And in October a friend and I are journeying up to Salem, MA to spend 5 days (one is halloween!) doing witch stuff! #witchesorbust!

What about you guys? Can't wait to hear!

Well, it's the start of retirement to me. Also have some travel adventures (including a couple of them with a friend) planned for later this year. So it's a good year for me. :)

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I'm spending most of my summer running around in Yellowstone, then returning home and going to Washington a week later for 4 days. Hopefully I get to meet a friend from here to she wants to see Mount. St. Helens.

Traveling to England in December, and, from there, heading to Australia for 2 weeks. *I feel like a child anticipating christmas* :D

Looking forward to paying off 2 loans.

Planning some work on my home.

Waiting to win the lottery this year. Nothing definite, but...:P

Graduation, new job, hopefully new vehicle and new place to live. I might try to go overseas and teach English for a year as well. So many options!

Hopefully continuing to get back on track after cancer treatment last year. 

Making sure I always stop and smell the roses on the way.

Meeting a fellow Avenite at the end of the year. :)

Pizza Seawitch

Wowwwwwww you all lead some pretty exciting lives Haha!

Here's some positive vibes I'm sending your way!!

• 2 weeks later...
sunnytimes36

I think 2017 for me is about actually enjoying what I achieved last year, as I moved to a new house, started a new job and was single the whole year. So I hope this year is an easier time. I'm also looking forward to going to Sorrento this year for my holidays. It would also be nice to meet someone as I do miss being in a relationship. 😁

2017 for me

When it comes to  meeting people outside of my parent , grandmother and sibling I was hoping to  create reliable friendship with   people.  I  keep meeting emotional unavailable people

I get a chance to travel this year Southern California , San Francisco, Pennsylvania and hopefully NYC.

I hope  no more added health issue l.

I'm looking forward to going on a cross country road trip, hopefully this Summer or Autumn. I used to go on them every year with my dad, but money's been tight but I haven't had a good long road trip since 2014. We're looking at visiting the New England states, and if we do, we would have visited all 48 contiguous states. It's not something that has a set date and that's the way I like it! I'm just hoping it does happen. :D Other than the big road trip, I'm looking forward to doing a lot more small traveling adventures, like day trips or mini-road trips to the neighboring and nearby states.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

I'm happy it's 2017 now, as 2016 was a disappointing one. Looking forward to visiting New York next week, Madrid Pride in July and London Pride, finishing the work needing done in my garden and house, and also having meetups with my friend from Skye who is moving closer to where I live. I hope we all have a happy and successful year.

Asterion Orestes

I was reminded that this year (April 6, in fact) marks the centennial of the USA, entry into the "Great War," which became part of family history when my grandfather was drafted.

Other than that, 2017 meant only one thing to me: https-//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L.A._2017 --a dystopian vision that failed.

Blue Phoenix Ace

I downsized to a condo and hope to buy it soon instead of just renting. I'm also spending two weeks in eastern Europe later this year. So far, it's been an alright year, but I think it'll keep getting better.

helana12_03

Just another year where I'm going to continue failing in life

Elftober Country

Not really got off to the best start for 2017 but I hope I'm on the right track now!

I start a new job in a couple of weeks, so I'm currently in panic mode, it's pretty daunting for me. Still, I hope it will be a good move. 

I'm looking forward to a trip to Cornwall at the end of October 8)

19 hours ago, helana12_03 said:

Just another year where I'm going to continue failing in life

Why? Are there things, practically speaking, that you could change?

helana12_03
4 hours ago, teatree said:

Why? Are there things, practically speaking, that you could change?

I've changed everything that could be changed. It's a long complicated story... But long story short I'm failing in life for reasons that are beyond my control :(.

I'm sorry.... That sounds discouaging. Wish I could help.

2017 has been a crazy year at work so far, with a heavy workload in my normal job while also taking on additional involvement. It's forcing me to take my career and myself more seriously. :unsure: I'm trying new approaches to self-care as well, like spending a bit more on food of higher quality, and treating myself to more relaxing things. I'm trying to grow, not change.

Oh, and speaking of growing, I'm letting my hair go grey. :D Whities have been popping up for over 15 years now, and rather than dye over them I'm embracing it. I'm going to take better care of my skin to make up for that. Skin is really the key to looking and feeling young anyway. :P

Lets see 2017 has sucked so far.

My husband left me for my best friend, after 12 years he figured that he couldn't live with my asexuality so screw him. Also I now have a new best friend so yay?

My chronic pain has kicked it up a notch as well, probably due to stress.

So the rest of 2017 is going to be about putting my needs first and finding out about myself identity.

34 minutes ago, KayleeBear said:

Lets see 2017 has sucked so far.

My husband left me for my best friend, after 12 years he figured that he couldn't live with my asexuality so screw him. Also I now have a new best friend so yay?

My chronic pain has kicked it up a notch as well, probably due to stress.

So the rest of 2017 is going to be about putting my needs first and finding out about myself identity.

Oh, my. I honestly clicked on this thread, because I saw your icon (I grew up with Goldens). Terribly sorry about all that, but good for you! I'm rooting for you!

2 minutes ago, kingcakedonut said:

Oh, my. I honestly clicked on this thread, because I saw your icon (I grew up with Goldens). Terribly sorry about all that, but good for you! I'm rooting for you!

Goldies are awesome, Kaylee my girl has been my rock

Have been job hunting with nothing lined-up yet. I get only two more paychecks, then I don't know what will happen. I've been trying to put my first draft of my dissertation, and it's a long, lonely depressing road. But I get a little done every day, and that's a step closer. Plus, I have been working at my parents' house, and they live somewhere that is not too shabby. Though, I miss having my independence, but it's nice to have somewhere to go and hide for a bit.

A childhood friend is getting married this year, and I don't think I'm invited. It's funny because I was invited to her first wedding? LOL (they called off the engagement before they got married). At the same time, I can be pretty terrible about keeping in touch with people.  At the same time as well, she only invites me to things when she needs me so that's not a real friend, anyway. So, please XFRIEND do not invite me to your fundraising parties anymore. P.S. you still owe me money from all those college application essays I wrote for you. Bye. Oh, P.S.S I BOUGHT YOU A WEDDING PRESENT FOR THE FIRST WEDDING AND WHERE IS IT SINCE YOU NEVER GOT MARRIED TO HIM? Shit, that cost 100 bucks. People, UGH!

:D

3 minutes ago, KayleeBear said:

Goldies are awesome, Kaylee my girl has been my rock

I miss my dogs during my low points :*-(

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I have almost 2 weeks before leaving for Yellowstone, I have to get my place ready for while I'm gone and my telescopes at my friends for safe keeping. I found my camera cord so I'll have to play around with settings within these last few weeks, I'm ready and can hardly wait.

12 hours ago, Snao Çoñé said:

2017 has been a crazy year at work so far, with a heavy workload in my normal job while also taking on additional involvement. It's forcing me to take my career and myself more seriously. :unsure: I'm trying new approaches to self-care as well, like spending a bit more on food of higher quality, and treating myself to more relaxing things. I'm trying to grow, not change.

Oh, and speaking of growing, I'm letting my hair go grey. :D Whities have been popping up for over 15 years now, and rather than dye over them I'm embracing it. I'm going to take better care of my skin to make up for that. Skin is really the key to looking and feeling young anyway. :P

Found some whites too :)  I always thought that white hair gives character.  If I get a full head, I want to be like those super stylish/fashion icon women like Francoise Hardy and sport it. My mom got on skin care since I was young, got lucky there. Lots of water and yogurt! The bad thing on my end is that I don't wash my face at night after going out. I have to start doing that.

I was dealt a bad hand on skin, unfortunately, so I already have a lot of scarring. But I'm trying to get past that.

14 minutes ago, Snao Çoñé said:

I was dealt a bad hand on skin, unfortunately, so I already have a lot of scarring. But I'm trying to get past that.

Ouch :-/ if it helps, I grew-up in S. Florida, so I spent much of my high school/college vacations at the beach. Now, I'm starting to freckle a lot and it took me a while to embrace it. Also, skin protection is no joke D:

I'm looking forward to a lot of things this year - I've got plans to see a few AVENites (including one coming up to stay next week!! :D ); I'm going to Legoland(!!!!) next month, my gran's 80th birthday party in July, going on an as yet unplanned holiday with my sister, and hopefully getting my mental health properly stabilised a bit.

Archived