This is the most important question I've ever asked...

Sea Lemon

Question

Hey guys, I hope you can help me! I identify as asexual, because I just LOVE eating cake ALL THE TIME!!!! 

But I found out something disturbing the other day.......

Some people consider my one true love - Jaffa Cakes - to be a BISCUIT!!!!! Is this true?????? And am I still a real asexual?????

Please help!!!!!

11 answers to this question

Trava u doma

Uh, telling you how to identify would be against the rules of this site, but tbh I think we're going a bit far with trying to label everything as asexual when it's obvious it's not. I'm not really completely sure what Jaffa cakes are, but I'm pretty sure they're not a cake :/ They're just the wrong shape and everything, and just because they have "cake" in the name, doesn't mean they're *actually* cakes. Kinda like gummy bears are not actually bears, I guess? But it's your life, and if you want to mislabel yourself, feel free :/

Trava u doma
1 hour ago, iff said:

The tax person considers for vat purposes that Jaffa cakes are indeed cakes so don't let the doubters get you down because they want to make you doubt.

Sources: http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/rates/decision-detail-04770.jsp

Http://www.asexuality.org

This is silly classification. Water also has moisture content >12%, does it mean it's a cake, too? Also, this is Ireland, no? sea-lemon is not in Ireland, so it's kinda irrelevant, really. (No offence)

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

The other cakes will know! 

18 minutes ago, Trava u doma said:

This is silly classification. Water also has moisture content >12%, does it mean it's a cake, too? Also, this is Ireland, no? sea-lemon is not in Ireland, so it's kinda irrelevant, really. (No offence)

Ah, yes UK link http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-08-24/is-a-jaffa-cake-a-biscuit-or-a-cake-the-history-of-the-great-confectionery-debate

Although the hmrc argued they were biscuits but the courts disagreed and the judge ruled Jaffa cakes are cakes.

22 hours ago, AshenPhoenix said:

This si my favorite second quote, right after the one about Lincoln and truth on the interweb

My favorite quote is "I like big butts and I cannot lie" by George Washington.

I read it on the interwez so it must be true.

Team biscuit :D 

That being said, experiencing cakerousal doesn't invalidate your ace identity as long as you don't desire partnered cookie crumblin' for emotional or gastronomical pleasure :)

A cake by any other name would smell as sweet. - William Shakespeare

Grumpy Alien
21 minutes ago, Kelly said:

I think you mean William Cakespeare. Learn your ace literature!

The tax person considers for vat purposes that Jaffa cakes are indeed cakes so don't let the doubters get you down because they want to make you doubt.

Sources: http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/rates/decision-detail-04770.jsp

Http://www.asexuality.org

AshenPhoenix
13 hours ago, Kelly said:

This si my favorite second quote, right after the one about Lincoln and truth on the interweb

Archived