Podcast: Fairy Tale with Asexual Characters

Fay Onyx

I have written a fairy tale with two different asexual characters and I am now releasing it as a podcast.

The story for these episodes are segments of The Wishing Dildo Part 1: It is said that the Wishing Dildo can grant any wish relating to sexuality or fertility, as long as that wish is consensual. Prince Hart sure hopes that is true as he and his friend, trickster Tala, embark on a quest for it. As they travel, they soon discover that sometimes the greatest adventure is the people you meet along the way.

Clearly this fairy tale has some sexual humor in it. I am aiming for humor that other asexual people who find sex to be interesting or strange can enjoy.

Reasons people might like these podcasts:

- Fairy tale telling that is enhanced with sound effects and music.

- Complex and diverse characters, including characters with disabilities, trans and non-binary characters, people of color, and two different asexual characters.

- A story that respectfully touches on serious topics while maintaining a light, upbeat, humorous mood.

- Reflective and thoughtful discussion of social issues brought up in the stories.

Podcast Episode 14

We return to intersectional fairy tales as hesitant art activist Lector Josue Morales joins Fay for the start of The Wishing Dildo Series in which Prince Hart and Tala embark on their quest for The Wishing Dildo and meet a surprising new companion. The following discussion focuses on the representation of disability in speculative fiction and the difference between using a disabled character to tell an able-bodied story and having a character that represents the experiences of disabled people.

Podcast Episode 15

In this second podcast segment of The Wishing Dildo Series, the fairy tale continues as Prince Hart, Tala, and Tomas meet two new companions, each with a unique magical superpower. Then activist, comedian, and sex worker Vee Chattie joins Fay for the following discussion about the reality verses myth of sex work, sexual superpowers, boundaries, marginalization, and community.

I hope everyone enjoys them!

Archived