Everything Is Fine

will123

Hi folks, just thought I'd post something as a I got a PM last night from @Moophie asking how I was. I haven't been posting that much, but have been following the threads in the 'Older' forum. I've got some ongoing conversations with a fellow AVENite that are very thought provoking and entertaining about some stuff in my life. :D

I had been neglecting a GPS project, which is ongoing and very time consuming. Editing and sorting waypoints in my driving files. I figured I'd better get down to working on it ;)

Also, we've got new MIG and TIG (the mechanically minded on here will know) welders in the shop, so I've been practicing and building some 'smaller' items for the shop. I've been 'stick' welding since the 80s. I'd only tried MIG in the past once though I'd been exposed to it for years. TIG is a new process for me. I've watched a couple of welders use it for welding aluminum, but no hands on experience.

The snow is gradually going (what little we had left). We had over two feet in mid February and lost over a foot of it in less than a week, much to the delight of the pantywaists that can't stand winter. 

The weather idgit from Environment Canada was predicting a warmer than average spring for Ontario, so get out the sweaters and raingear. This guy must have pictures of the boss and farm animals. How else to explain how he keeps his job? Last fall he predicted a colder than average winter with the typical amount of snow. Well for most of southern Ontario, winter ended around mid February.

Happy first day of spring. Once it gets a bit warmer, I'll get the bike out. Can't wait until the temps get to 15 and I'll be heading to the beach. 8)

Glad to hear all is well and that you are busy/preoccupied with life!

Whoot! Also yes on the weather. Mostly I just wish it would make up its mind about whether it's still winter or not...

Archived