Article: What It's Like to Come Out as Asexual

Snao Cone

Well I wouldnt know, most dont believe me when I tell them. 

Thank you for sharing.

Initially I do remember being conscious of being something there was no name for.

And of also feeling something vaguely like guilt for not being "normal."

Excellent positive representation in this article.

Really liked this. Especially appreciative that two of the people interviewed figured out they are asexual around or after 30.

41 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

Well I wouldnt know, most dont believe me when I tell them. 

Then you definitely do know because that is the quintessential asexual coming out experience LOL

Member106624
On 3/18/2017 at 6:26 PM, Skjære said:

Then you definitely do know because that is the quintessential asexual coming out experience LOL

So, my sister (who knows I'm ace and I believe understand asexuality a lot more since I've come out) found this article and shared it with me!

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/what-its-like-to-come-out-as-asexual?utm_source=broadlybustlefbus

Basically it recounts 3 different experiences of people being asexual and coming out. It skims over the parts where it's difficult to come out as asexual when you're young, it briefly mentions romantic orientations, it explains asexuality pretty well a couple of times with good analogies, and it explains how it's different to come out as asexual because you never bring anyone home. You bring it up once, come out, but it doesn't come up against because you're not introducing anyone to a partner (though is does mention that this is onyl true if you're aromantic as well).

Good article

I thought this looked familiar.

@Snow Cone shared this article previously.

Here's the link if you want to read some of the reactions to it as well.

But thank you for reposting.

It really is a relevant article.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Indeed it is a great article, I'm going to save it. Thanks for sharing @faeriefate.

scarletlatitude

Merged the 2 threads together :) 

scarletlatitude

World Watch Mod

Archived