Tips to hide/remove temporarily 5 o'clock / beard shadow

AVEN #1 fan

AVEN #1 fan
  • shave after a hot bath or wrap a wet hot cloth around your face for 5 minutes before you shave, it'll open your skin pores
  • Apply conditioner before shaving (choose one that doesn't make you have allergic reactions)
  • if it didn't work you can try using foundation and concealour or any other creamy make up to hide it. Dermablend products are  the best for it. Beware if you're not allergic to make up, so always test it on your arm before using it and don't use it if you have any allergic reaction like skin redness or nose itching. Be careful even with lipsticks.

http://images.ulta.com/is/image/Ulta/2155625

Here's an awesome guide for make up to hide beard shadows: http://feminizationsecrets.com/transgender-crossdressing-beard-shadow/

• many Trans women use orange lipstick to cover the shadow and it works amazingly. Remember  to look after water proof makeup. Finding these colors may be hard: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/ddAF-d22nErFuCh-DADy2AP0YWLt4Z3MRZiaIV7gj76C9J3-SeHrc6GDo_YAZmfLdwJSV1kILAGuJar0CAA0ZYaC-e4hXZz1dKutMgJUtO35E5HhVkGWsi0E8kbk3DcbxVp_-_FB
  • if none of this work, you can get your face waxed, don't worry after a few applicanticons it becomes bearable and hair grows back slower. (Well, ingrown hairs may be an issue, and skin irritation also, but you can get used to it, oh don't do this if you want an electrolysis or Laser removal). Try to pull it fast to not feel so much pain and remove more hair. Methods involving pulling the hair out, damage the skin and the hair follicle,  hair will eventually start to take longer to grow back and can stop growing at all. At least it's not rly expensive if home made.

featured-homemade-wax-facial-hair-remova

http://www.beautyglimpse.com/3-simple-homemade-wax-recipes-facial-hair-removal/

Try pushing the wax against the growth direction.

Blue hard wax beans can provide you a very less painful waxing.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZfd67P_NUEYKDYbkoCV63Fz-ZRCp0u2LWw48z41L7Lng1K6Vo19XkCRWC

• ,. Try Shaving creams or soap  before shaving also work for some people (some creams can slow hair growth)
  • Try exfoliation (makes skin looks cleaner) before shaving
  • Gillette razors (specially straight razors, however you need to be good at it or else it hurts) work better than electric razors to hide beard shadow. The Gillette Mach 3 is the best for that. You can find them at supermarkets and pharmacies.

7154099SZ.jpg

• Use hormonal creams like Vaniqa, it slows growth in 50%the cases. it's unknown  if it work good with men or Trans women. you can find it at pharmacies and you should consult a doctor before using it.
  • vaniqa-cream.jpgbuy-vaniqa-generic-cheap-eflornithine-hy
  • Get tanned / try tanning sprays. The only con is getting adapted to that look in winter. I think the product is cheap and easy to find at pharmacies.

26c414c3036f565f1f9b7d200b688d65.jpg

• Clarisonic brushes, they may be expensive and hard to find though.

cos-clarisonic-mia-05110-blog.jpeg

• Try shaving powder (may cause irritation)

450.jpg

• Try bleaching it light blonde or white,  it's just kinda expensive but you can buy bleach at pharmacies and do it yourself. This is the least effective method since beard shadow cannot be dyed bc it's the hairs that are hidden under the skin. Also it takes a lot of effort and time to dye your beard just to shave/wax/pluck it after.
  • Try using an epilator, facial epilator (may cause ingrown hairs with long term use, is not good if you want an electrolysis or Laser removal , after a few applications it starts to hurt less). Braun is the best brand,  however it's very expensive. You can use it only in the dark areas if you want.Unfortunately,  they're hard to find.

999999-00069055870228_4.jpg

• Try spring epilators,  they may take a long time, aren't the best at removing all hair but aren't expensive and doesn't hurt too much. You can use it only in  the dark areas. Unfortunately they're hard to find.

avon-depilador-facial-mola-00-91b94bc5a0

mola-depiladora-remove-pelos-depilaco-fa

Moda-Delicada-Beleza-da-Remoccedilatilde

• Try threading, this method takes a rly long time tbh,  and require skill, however it's cheap and not so painful,  but can still cause in grown hairs and mess up laser and electrolysis. You can use it only in the darker areas. You can ask people do it for you in saloons just like waxing, but it'll make it a lot more expensive.

thread1.jpg

• Shave against the grain,well if you don't care for skin irritation
  • SHave with the grain and then against the grain,  this isn't as effective but doesn't hurt as much. If you don't know your "beard map" , you can go to a barber shop and ask them to tell you. This may be a bad idea for  women tbh
  • Shave twice a day, once in morning and once in evening or before sleeping.
  • Try depilatory facial creams or sprays  (may cause irritation in some individuals), you should test them somewhere else before to see if you don't have any allergic reactions. It's not the best for removing thick facial hair though. It can be found at pharmacies easily.
  • Veet_Sensitive_BodyCurv.png?width=320&sl
  • Try Beard Cover
  • You can pluck the dark areas  with tweezers if you don't mind how time wasting it can be or care about in grown hairs or laser or electrolysis. At least it's not expensive. If you pluck your facial hair,  it'll bleed inevitably,  so be sure to have some sanitizer nearby,  do  not use baby powder it's cancerous. the sanitizer will be used to disinfect more severe bleeding spots. You could also use alumstone. Ingrown hair may happen anyway whether you are plucking or shaving. You can prevent it from happening with exfoliating scrubs. If you are going to use makeup in this area that's mandatory anyway. Please be careful with this! Freshly exfoliated skin is more sensitive to sunlight so you will want to use a powerful sunblocker after your bathroom routine.

Pinca-Clinica-p-Algodao-n%C2%BA-17.jpg

• This may sound stupid but you can use veils,  scarves or bandanas to dover your face in case of emergencies. 1444153391PurpleBandana1.jpg

9560265-Beautiful-girl-with-face-covered

Try staying in the shade while wearing these. try not wearing them when sick, with fever or diarrhea and beware with overheating and dehydrating.

Beware if you're allergic to cotton or other clothing materials.

NOTE: only an electrolysis or laser removal have permanent results, (laser is less recommended as it can cause burning and heavy irritation).

Beware with skin infections when you pluck or wax hair out.

If your skin is having troubles or is very fragile,   I really don't recommend trying to shave,  wax or pluck hair.

You can always shave first and wax,  epilate or pluck the hair out of the dark areas after, it hurts less,  consumes less time but isn't the best.

Beware with all the products listed below, if you're not sure you're allergic to anything,  test it on your arm and smell it and see if you are,  if you have respiratory or skin allergies I highly do not recommend to use the product you're allergic to as allergies can cause heavy pain and instant death.

Anyone has more tips? How do you do it? What do you use? Feel free to ask questions and discus.

ChillaKilla

Also- I don't have a beard (yet) but I picked up this tip: Use a concealer/foundation with full coverage that is slightly orange-tinted (they make ones especially for this kind of thing), which will effectively cancel out the bluish-gray color stubble creates. After that, just apply your normal concealer and foundation so the orange isn't visible.

I hear that the orange cancellation makes the biggest difference in pictures; so if you're planning on being in a photograph or few, or even if there's a chance, then the orange tint (be it lipstick or special foundation or whatever) will help hide the shadow when the bright light of the camera flash would normally reveal it.

I don't know about waxing the kind of whiskers I or many other guys I know have. I am doubtful it can be done, but I could definitely be wrong. Maybe it depends on the person.

I am lucky that my beard is light-colored so I don't get a strong beard shadow. My problem is more with the texture when the whiskers start growing out over the course of the day (or even right after shaving in the case of my chin and mustache areas especially - I can get a nice smooth shave on my sideburn areas).

One thing I have found recently is after I do my usual shave with shaving gel and a 5 blade razor I wash my face with some deep cleansing facial cleanser and before I wash it off I do one more pass with the razor, against the direction of growth. That really helps get the last bits of whiskers on my cheeks and neck.

I've also heard of people using makeup that is made for covering tattoos to help cover their beard shadow - dermablend is a well-known brand.

I think the best thing would be permanent removal, but that is a long and expensive process (whether laser or electrolysis).

AVEN #1 fan
14 hours ago, daveb said:

I don't know about waxing the kind of whiskers I or many other guys I know have. I am doubtful it can be done, but I could definitely be wrong. Maybe it depends on the person.

I am lucky that my beard is light-colored so I don't get a strong beard shadow. My problem is more with the texture when the whiskers start growing out over the course of the day (or even right after shaving in the case of my chin and mustache areas especially - I can get a nice smooth shave on my sideburn areas).

One thing I have found recently is after I do my usual shave with shaving gel and a 5 blade razor I wash my face with some deep cleansing facial cleanser and before I wash it off I do one more pass with the razor, against the direction of growth. That really helps get the last bits of whiskers on my cheeks and neck.

I've also heard of people using makeup that is made for covering tattoos to help cover their beard shadow - dermablend is a well-known brand.

I think the best thing would be permanent removal, but that is a long and expensive process (whether laser or electrolysis).

Well, many of us are multigender or have double lives, so a permanently solution not be suitable for everyone.

AVEN #1 fan

Has anyone tried a clarisonic brush? It looks like they help a lot.

Calligraphette_Coe
On 3/17/2017 at 8:01 PM, Heart said:

I hear that the orange cancellation makes the biggest difference in pictures; so if you're planning on being in a photograph or few, or even if there's a chance, then the orange tint (be it lipstick or special foundation or whatever) will help hide the shadow when the bright light of the camera flash would normally reveal it.

It works like magic, but you have to get it worked down into the follicles. What the flash 'sees' are the darker hairs _down_ in the follicles just below the surface of you skin-- that's why a close shave won't quite do the trick.The flash light is so intense that it actually lights up the follicles, and since the flash it blue, the orange tint cancels it out. It's best to use one of the multi-blade razors that pulls the hair out of the follicle and cuts it multiple times, until it snaps back into the follicle. That's what lets you get the masking shade down into the follicle of maximum cancellation. When you get the technique down, you find you have to use less foundation and powder. You can also distract from what little blue is left by compensating for it with blush ( I always used rose because I'm pretty light complected and burn sooo easily in the summer) on your cheekbones.

Anyway, that's what always worked for me-- YMMV (your mileage may vary).

If you're going the opposite trajectory and trying to appear as having beard hair, you might be able to get something darker worked into your follicles and then use flash photography to accentuate it-- I think that that's what Norah Vincent did to pass as a man.

Makeup is really a pain, but it does mask a multitude of "sins".....

AVEN #1 fan
2 minutes ago, Calligraphette_Coe said:

It works like magic, but you have to get it worked down into the follicles. What the flash 'sees' are the darker hairs _down_ in the follicles just below the surface of you skin-- that's why a close shave won't quite do the trick.The flash light is so intense that it actually lights up the follicles, and since the flash it blue, the orange tint cancels it out. It's best to use one of the multi-blade razors that pulls the hair out of the follicle and cuts it multiple times, until it snaps back into the follicle. That's what lets you get the masking shade down into the follicle of maximum cancellation. When you get the technique down, you find you have to use less foundation and powder. You can also distract from what little blue is left by compensating for it with blush ( I always used rose because I'm pretty light complected and burn sooo easily in the summer) on your cheekbones.

Anyway, that's what always worked for me-- YMMV (your mileage may vary).

If you're going the opposite trajectory and trying to appear as having beard hair, you might be able to get something darker worked into your follicles and then use flash photography to accentuate it-- I think that that's what Norah Vincent did to pass as a man.

Makeup is really a pain, but it does mask a multitude of "sins".....

Well, it's distressing when you can't leave home without make up in your face to hide stuff.

sometimes I wish I could just walk down the street with an full beard and without a bra like dudes, you know, like without getting spanked, abused or arrested or worst killed.

#bigenderlife

Calligraphette_Coe
9 minutes ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Well, it's distressing when you can't leave home without make up in your face to hide stuff.

sometimes I wish I could just walk down the street with an full beard and without a bra like dudes, you know, like without getting spanked, abused or arrested or worst killed.

#bigenderlife

I hear you!  I could very easily go without shaving every day, but I feel almost embarrassed _not_ to, as it would ruin my androgynous appearance. That is also why I always wash and style my long hair every day. As far as the bra, I'm not exactly unhappy that I don't have to wear one every day-- they are such a pain, too.

AVEN #1 fan
On 03/19/2017 at 0:48 AM, Calligraphette_Coe said:

I hear you!  I could very easily go without shaving every day, but I feel almost embarrassed _not_ to, as it would ruin my androgynous appearance. That is also why I always wash and style my long hair every day. As far as the bra, I'm not exactly unhappy that I don't have to wear one every day-- they are such a pain, too.

Oh well , I guess it's impossible to enter the feminine restroom with a beard lol.

ChillaKilla
21 minutes ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Oh well , I guess it's impossible to enter the feminine restroom with a beard lol.

Look up Little Bear the Bearded Lady. She has PCOS, is a cis woman, does burlesque shows and body positivity activism. She actually legally changed her name to Little Bear, she is so cool.

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/bearded-lady-little-bear-schwarz-makes-facial-hair-intensely-feminine

AVEN #1 fan
Just now, ChillaKilla said:

Look up Little Bear the Bearded Lady. She has PCOS, is a cis woman, does burlesque shows and body positivity activism. She actually legally changed her name to Little Bear, she is so cool.

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/bearded-lady-little-bear-schwarz-makes-facial-hair-intensely-feminine

Oh, I know her, hasn't she said in an interview before that she enby or GQ?

ChillaKilla
1 minute ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Oh, I know her, hasn't she said in an interview before that she enby or GQ?

I don't think so. But just in case, here's another example: 

Harnaam Kaur- the bearded bride

https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_55943ad0e4b05fcdf274c5c2/amp

She is gorgeous :wub:

AVEN #1 fan
3 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

I don't think so. But just in case, here's another example: 

Harnaam Kaur- the bearded bride

https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_55943ad0e4b05fcdf274c5c2/amp

She is gorgeous :wub:

Conchita Wurst, she's a singer.

ConchitaWurst.jpg

I thought Conchita is AMAB? I mean, it's non of my business anyways; she is beautiful no matter what a doctor said when she was born. And her voice is amazing too! So much talent.

AVEN #1 fan
Just now, Heart said:

I thought Conchita is AMAB? I mean, it's non of my business anyways; she is beautiful no matter what a doctor said when she was born. And her voice is amazing too! So much talent.

Yeah but I'm pretty sure she use the feminine restroom. Lol

Archived