--

cactiuku

Yeah, certainly don't do things just because others think you should, or that society says that's the norm. If you're happy being single, be single. If you want some personal time with someone, then do that.

The most important thing is to just be truthful and do no harm.

chair jockey

I need to understand why people do things like that under pressure from other people. I'm not trying to insult you, but it's just not an experience I've had. All of my pressure to "be a man" came from inside me. It led to stupid behaviour on my part but it wasn't something other people pushed me into.

Anyway, you're absolutely right that a person should always make their own choices because that person has to answer for them.

And welcome to AVEN if you're new. Enjoy your time here.

On 13/03/2017 at 1:40 AM, chair jockey said:

I need to understand why people do things like that under pressure from other people. I'm not trying to insult you, but it's just not an experience I've had.

On 13/03/2017 at 1:40 AM, chair jockey said:

And welcome to AVEN if you're new. Enjoy your time here.

--

Hi! Most of the time I don't care about anything and anyone. The only time I had to do something against what I want was because it was an ultimatum and I had no way out. 

But I can say, I'm pretty oblivious to what is happening around me, because I'm always daydreaming and such, so the world surrounding me don't really matter. However I feel like it also has made me naive and not able to see the bad side in people. 

Having such a father really most have marked you. Specially when growing up, when you are still gaining your own personality. 

Thanks for sharing your story and the following your heart advice. It's the one more said for a reason, right? :) 

Welcome to AVEN and have fun around here! 

Archived