‘Shadowhunters’ Confirms (SPOILER ALERT) Is Asexual, Stays In Canon With Book Series

robotunicorn

robotunicorn

THEY JUST CONFIRMED THAT RAPHAEL AS ACE AHHHHHHHHH. 

I love this show so much. As an asian-american, I feel such joy that Harry Shum Jr is Magnus Bane (the high warlock of Brooklyn)-- asian-americans don't typically get bad-ass, caring, super funny, all-around AWESOME roles like that. Also Malec GIVES ME LIFE. (Malec is the name of the relationship between Magnus and Alec.)

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

premise of the show: Based off of a book series called The Mortal Instruments. It's about Shadowhunters (who are half-angel half-human warriors), Downworlders (werewolves, vampires, warlocks, etc), the fight between good and evil, and relationships (not just romantic ones ^^). 

(also heads up, if you want to watch any of the episodes it's all up on the freeform website!)

robotunicorn

Dear mod,

I just realized I should have posted this under world watch instead of here, but I'm not sure how to move this post. Sorry!

Best,

robotunicorn

Are you serious?! I watched the pilot to that show and thought it was kind of cool, and I especially loved Harry Shum Jr. in it, but damn! Now that I know he's canon ace, I'm definitely gonna have to check that out! I've never seen anything have ace representation on it, so this is next on my watch list!

I used to love the books. I've lost track of how many there are now. The TV series is all over the place I stopped watching it. Guess I'll have to go back to watch/read the books. 

Adam_Jensen

Never was a fan of the franchise but it's good to see that it has an ace character.

Here is the scene from the episode for anyone who is interested:

Luftschlosseule

It's cool that it's official in a series this big, if you put books and series together, but are you sure it's wise to put the spoiler directly in the title of the thread without warning?

I am sure that not everybody who likes this series has watched every episode so far.

18 minutes ago, Luftschlosseule said:

It's cool that it's official in a series this big, if you put books and series together, but are you sure it's wise to put the spoiler directly in the title of the thread without warning?

I am sure that not everybody who likes this series has watched every episode so far.

What spoiler? That's the exact headline from the article. This forum is to post articles found in the media, isn't it? I didn't post the article because it was about Shadowhunters. 

Luftschlosseule
Just now, Just like Jughead said:

What spoiler? That's the exact headline from the article. This forum is to post articles found in the media, isn't it? I didn't post the article because it was about Shadowhunters. 

If I would watch this series I'd be mad at you for posting this like you did. That's all.
Just because they did post spoilers it doesn't mean it's a good thing to do.

Can you change the title?

Maybe "Shadowhunters - asexual character revealed (spoiler alert)" or "Asexuality in Shadowhunters(spoiler alert)"

I don't think it's such a big deal. It's not like someone died. 

scarletlatitude

Moved to World Watch per OP request

scarletlatitude

World Watch mod

scarletlatitude

Also there were multiple threads about this, so I merged them into one thread.

:) scarlet

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:29 PM, 200 Ponies said:

Are you serious?! I watched the pilot to that show and thought it was kind of cool, and I especially loved Harry Shum Jr. in it, but damn! Now that I know he's canon ace, I'm definitely gonna have to check that out! I've never seen anything have ace representation on it, so this is next on my watch list!

Spoilers here, but Harry Shum Jr's character is not asexual. Although he is bisexual.

Raphael, the leader of the vampire clan is.

He's even an asexual who expresses romantic attraction! Which considering the few canon!ace characters out there usually have zero romantic interest this is wonderful IMO.

• 1 year later...

Archived