What are your religious beliefs?

Dreamer23

What are your religious beliefs?  

322 members have voted

1. 1. Which Religion do you most identify with?

• Christianity
    • Islam
    • Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist
    • Hinduism
    • Chinese traditional religion
    • Buddhism
    • Ethnic religions
    • African traditional religions
    • Sikhism
    • Spiritism
    • Judaism
    • Other (Please specify!)

This poll is closed to new votes

Hey everyone,

Let's find out if there's some correlation between asexuality and religion! (I doubt it, but there can never be enough polls :P)

Choices are based on everything > 10 million according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations#Adherent_estimates_in_2012

--> I'm sorry if this does not capture your religious beliefs, definitely not trying to trying to exclude anyone in particular. So if you don't fall into any of the groups above, please let us know what you do belief in! :)

Grumpy Alien

No religious beliefs. I'm agnostic. 

I'm really curious to see results. I think religion is fascinating. 

Félinferno

I'm agnostic, so I guess I'll go with the 'other' option?

EDIT: Just realised there was an atheist/agnostic option. Whoops. Can't change it now though.

Grumpy Alien
5 minutes ago, EtherealHaze said:

I'm agnostic, so I guess I'll go with the 'other' option?

EDIT: Just realised there was an atheist/agnostic option. Whoops. Can't change it now though.

I almost did that! I kind of skimmed/assumed it was at the bottom and didn't see it at first.

Catholic, though leaning more into the spiritual side (if that's possible).

I think that it would have been better for the poll not to lump agnostic and atheist together in the same category, as they are fundamentally different things. 

AJ Thompson

Uh, I'm not certain what you would classify mine as. A combination of Animism and Naturalism? That's the best way I can explain it.

I'm Agnostic.... But I pressed other because I didn't see where it was on the list till it was too late. Whoops!
a37b036b7c4522724629f0bec430f53c.gif

swirl_of_blue

A weird mix of shamanism, wicca and gods from the viking and old Finnish pantheons. Though 99% of the time I'm completely secular and rarely practise anything even remotely religious.

Adam_Jensen

I don't associate myself with any of this labels,I'm not the type of person who cares about religion and the like.

Atheist/Antitheist here! But both atheism and antitheism aren’t religions. Antitheism opposes religion! 

Openminded Christian (with some Buddhistic thoughts apparently).

Spoiler

Don't worry, I won't preach to you and I won't talk like you would expect me to. :P

Christian, but I studied world religions in undergrad and minored in Judaism. I have a deep appreciation for all religious traditions, and I find Judaism particularly compelling. Still, I can't move past that Jesus guy. I guess that's why I'm training to be a pastor.

Anthracite_Impreza

None, but I am an animist and can be quite 'spiritual', if you like.

ChillaKilla

Agnostic atheist. I don't know, I'm not gonna claim to know one way or the other. If something is out there, cool. If not, cool. Personally I don't believe, but who's to say I know anything?

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I'm Norse Heathen/Pagan and been Heathen for 15 years., not Norse until 9 or so years ago. I followed the Greek gods first before switching to my ancestors ways. I'm also wicca which is more recent by almost 2 years. I was forced christian when I was younger and only saw evil and deceit within that belief, and left at age 7 barely a year after being forced to become christian. Before becoming Norse Heathen I tried going back to christianity and saw the same evil and darkness and knew it was not for me. I hid my Heathenry far to well from my mom (not blood or adoptive) who forced me to be christian, she fell for it and thought I was still following the belief and still does. I'll never return to it and will stay on the path I found.

Eclectic Paganism, I came from atheism after being Christian for most of my life. After the rhetoric the religious right goes berserk over, I felt it was soo destructive that I had to leave the whole damn religion entirely. I'm never going to return to Christianity. I hate how much it's integrated into American culture and how much there's a default expectation of "you're Christian unless proven not." 

I mainly hide my paganism though, partially because of the culture down here, and partially because my extended family are all Christians, mostly pretty respectful, but at least one of my uncles is a staunch, brainwashed Republican. At least we don't bring up politics much at family gatherings (and when they do I go find other people to talk to- or hang out with the dog). 

We went to a Christmas service, and I was wearing a necklace of the Mayan calendar from Mexico. It's subtle because all the "assumers" (people that assume you're Christian right away)..think it's just a trinket I got from there. Meanwhile, for me- it's a symbol of paganism even if it has little to do with my own ideas/practices of it. 

I like my religion like I like nose picking; Happy that others enjoy it, just prefer it not be practiced around me.

None, I'm a Strict Atheist. Science can explain everything, if we can't explain it with science currently we just need to keep advancing our knowledge and we'll be able to explain it someday. People should be free to have faith in whatever benifits their lives.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon
6 minutes ago, aeimquy159 said:

None, I'm a Strict Atheist. Science can explain everything, if we can't explain it with science currently we just need to keep advancing our knowledge and we'll be able to explain it someday. People should be free to have faith in whatever benifits their lives.

^ That in itself is true, science has evidence over many things, and it is proven to be far more accurate  as well. I'm a geologist and go by historic eruptions and know the earth is far older than what most religions try to tell you. My signature says it all. 

Atheism isn't a religious belief so I won't be replying in the poll :P

2 minutes ago, Peachyy said:

Atheism isn't a religious belief so I won't be replying in the poll :P

This can't be emphasized enough. That's why I made sure to say none.

4 hours ago, Frodo said:

Still, I can't move past that Jesus guy.

Same for me. I'm Christian Catholic

Anti-religious person here.

That being said, I still like visiting churches because they're awesome buildings to look at, especially given the conditions they were built in. 

Yet the concept of religion doesn't make any sense to me in the slightest. But if religion is for you, go for it. Just don't expect me to take part in anything.

Archived